Before you blame Dak

Aulac

Reaction score
No doubt he was inaccurate at times. Of course there were some misreads. He seemed rattled on occasion.

But the ENTIRE offense was bad!!! Coaches, OL, RBs, WRs etc...

Dalton Schultz CANNOT block. People might like him because he catches and has yards. But when you have Cooper, Lamb and Gallup..and Zeke in the backfield...someone has to be open. And often it is Dalton Schultz. If he made tough catches....I could understand the love. But he makes routine catches because he is wide open. My point. He is not all that impressive. TEs in this offense need to be able to block to for the run game to work. And he could not block my grandmother (who is deceased by the way)....so I will not miss him.

Untimely holding calls. Lack of separation. Bad play calling. But more than anything....the inability to run the football. And this is not something that just started happening. When the playoffs start...Dak is NOT going to throw for 450 yards 4 straight games. We cannot run the football. And because of this...our ceiling is the divisional round.

They are bad because he their QB.

links18

Reaction score
.Dalton Schultz CANNOT block. People might like him because he catches and has yards. But when you have Cooper, Lamb and Gallup..and Zeke in the backfield...someone has to be open. And often it is Dalton Schultz. If he made tough catches....I could understand the love. But he makes routine catches because he is wide open. My point. He is not all that impressive. TEs in this offense need to be able to block to for the run game to work. And he could not block my grandmother (who is deceased by the way)....so I will not miss him.

Schultz is horrific as a blocker.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a Dak apologist. Took me a LONG to warm up to Dak. But you can win with him But no...he will not have 4 straight all time performances in the playoffs to win a Super Bowl...so everyone else needs to DO THEIR JOB!!!

He needs to not fumble with the game on the line. He needs to do better than one 23 yard TD drive in the first half. He makes the big bucks and he has more control over the game than anyone else. We paid him like a super bowl QB. He demanded elite money, now he has to perform or suffer the criticisms of failure. He can't have it both ways.

Sydla

Reaction score
So to summarize

Dak needs EVERYTHING TO GO PERFECT

Dak can't over come adversity

This is what has always been entertaining about these kind of threads. When it came time to pay Dak, all we heard was about how he was a great QB, he deserved to be paid whatever he got, etc. He's the guy that this team is built around and the guy that's going to lead us to where we want to go. Hence, why we needed to pay him what we paid him.

But when the team loses and he scuffles in a game, suddenly Dak isn't the leader, the guy the team is built around. He's just a cog in the wheel. Just a part. That if other things struggle, then how in the world can we expect Dak to elevate his play?

I don't think Dak sucks. He's actually pretty good. But he's not untouchable here when the team loses.

Sydla

Reaction score
Right!? If Dak was only surrounded by more talent, then we would win the big games.

lol

Well he's right about Schultz. I swear there have to be at least 5-6 plays a game on replays where a big defense play has happened because Schultz gets punked on a block. Great pass catcher. Awful blocker.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's got to quit fumbling.....3 fumbles usually mean you get beat. Look @ our losses this year....If Dak doesn't turn it over....we win. Dak turns it over.....we lose. It's that simple.

It's not that simple but I agree they can't overcome turnovers vs the better teams. Pathetic run game certainly didn't help.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No...but when we convert a 3rd down...and it gets called back because of holding...that is a lot to overcome.

When we are trying to establish the run game....and the TE completely whiffs (AGAIN) on 1st down...and we lose 3 yards. And now we are in 2nd and 13...that is HARD for a QB to constantly overcome.

And the defensive coordinator completely SCHOOLED Kellen Moore. I get the QB gets the majority of the blame...because they get most of the praise....but Kellen Moore, the OL and the run game etc..were all bad today.
And as tom Brady comes back AGAIN, with his top wr out for year, his go to guy adorning off the field in the middle of the game, and down double digits in 4th quarter....yep, tom is great, dak........well, he's dak.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
No doubt he was inaccurate at times. Of course there were some misreads. He seemed rattled on occasion.

Dalton Schultz CANNOT block. People might like him because he catches and has yards. But when you have Cooper, Lamb and Gallup..and Zeke in the backfield...someone has to be open. And often it is Dalton Schultz. If he made tough catches....I could understand the love. But he makes routine catches because he is wide open. My point. He is not all that impressive. TEs in this offense need to be able to block to for the run game to work. And he could not block my grandmother (who is deceased by the way)....so I will not miss him.

Untimely holding calls. Lack of separation. Bad play calling. But more than anything....the inability to run the football. And this is not something that just started happening. When the playoffs start...Dak is NOT going to throw for 450 yards 4 straight games. We cannot run the football. And because of this...our ceiling is the divisional round.

Blimey crimony sod!
Before you blame Dak OP sure did a lot of blaming ...coaches, OL, RBs, WRs etc... and plenty at Schultz, our average TE. Hey speaking of average:

Nobody wants to pile on Dak, but old boy, FOR $40-PLUS A YEAR, DAK BETTER START PLAYING LIKE ONE GOLDEN BABY --- CONSISTENTLY!!!

Sorry I was rough on you, average lad.
I know, me art wchool mate, that you might be a bit dazed by Dak's

just_catch_it

Reaction score
From a Dak fan:

He was bad today. There were a lot of passes he would like back. It seems when the rest of the team bogs down, he bogs down with them. It's a bad pattern. Even though his final stats actually appear decent, he stunk today. And again, I support him.
At some point they will Need throw in the towel on this guy. This is Daks 6th season. We are fooling our selves if we think he is going to win a playoff game this season let a lone 3. The worse part we are stuck with him for a few more seasons.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
:hammer:.......Dak is as mentally fragile as Sean Lee's bones.

Seriously.....Dak can't take a hit without losing it upstairs. Teams know this....and they are gonna hit him in the mouth....no matter his sleep number.
I guess I missed the part when he fell apart after fumbling the ball. Remind us what happened after that?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

Dak is a Jag with flashes of brilliance. He did nothing today to influence the game other than put the ball on the ground.