Belicheat, Brady claim ignorance; NFL Statement Post #434

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Sometimes cheaters cheat not because they don't think they can win without cheating, but because they're insecure. Kind of like the kid in class who makes all A's, scores extremely high on tests, but cheats anyways because he wants to leave nothing to chance on getting a high score. I think that's what applies here.

WOW, I never realized that the smart kids were cheating too. I always just thought it was us.
I always figured they got straight A's because they were smart.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Ravens reportedly tipped off the Colts about deflated footballs
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...gland-patriots-deflated-footballs-deflategate

As we await the results from the DeflateGate investigation, reports about what happened continue to leak out.

The Ravens tipped off the Colts about the deflated footballs, according to the latest report from FOX Sports' Jay Glazer,. The Ravens had recently complained about underinflated balls during the AFC divisional round game against the Patriots. Although SBNation points out how the Ravens' claim doesn't hold much value.

The Colts may not have needed a heads up, however. The Colts had concerns about underinflated balls after their regular-season game against the Patriots on Nov. 16, according to an ESPN report.

295280-330-0.jpg
D'Qwell Jackson (Getty Images)
Glazer's report also claims the league was already planning to inspect the balls at halftime, before linebacker D'Qwell Jackson noticed something was off when he intercepted Tom Brady.

The whole controversy surrounding the deflated balls isn't affecting the Patriots' next opponents. The Seahawks don't seem overly concerned with what the Patriots may or may not have done.

"If it's against the rules, it's against the rules," Richard Sherman said Wednesday. "But it's not going to have any effect on this game. Nobody is going to get suspended [for the Super Bowl], and nothing's going to happen. We're gonna play this game. Whatever they did, the risk/reward was greater.''

The NFL's investigation is supposed to be concluded within a few days according to multiple reports.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The Patriots fans I see posting in the mega-thread on a Bruins Hockey forum I visit are convinced that nobody messed with the balls after the refs inspected them. They believe the balls were underinflated the way Brady likes them before the refs inspected them and the refs did not actually test the psi but just gave them a cursory hand/eye inspection. In their opinion submitting the underinflated balls and hoping they passed the inspection puts the onus on the refs for ok'ing them and takes the heat of the Pats under the "everyone else does it" exemption.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
So its apparent they have been doing it all season. Maybe they have been doing it for years. They need to go down hard for this!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
After the Patriots get a small slap on the wrist, Vince McMahon hires Roger Goodell because he feels Roger has the right stuff to run his wrestling empire.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
The Patriots fans I see posting in the mega-thread on a Bruins Hockey forum I visit are convinced that nobody messed with the balls after the refs inspected them. They believe the balls were underinflated the way Brady likes them before the refs inspected them and the refs did not actually test the psi but just gave them a cursory hand/eye inspection. In their opinion submitting the underinflated balls and hoping they passed the inspection puts the onus on the refs for ok'ing them and takes the heat of the Pats under the "everyone else does it" exemption.

Nice theory that takes the heat off their team. Too bad it's unprovable and the refs already stated the balls were checked properly meaning they checked the PSI and they were to league specs. There is no doubt that the ball boys deflated the balls at the direction of either Brady or Belicheat. They could do this in a matter of seconds with a needle each time they reached in the bag to get a ball. They already know what number to count to in their head once the needle goes in. I bet if someone watched the sideline cameras from the time the balls come out until the end of the 1st quarter, they'll see the ball boys doing something fishy.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
What do you guys think about below chart? Looks like cheaters have been doing this for a long time now.

enhanced-28520-1421958845-26.png

That's what you call indisputable proof. There is no doubt they have been doing it for years. They couldn't get their advantage by taping opponents and radioing into Brady right up to the snap so they found something else to do. Deflate the balls and have less turnovers than the entire league.

Cowboys22

Reaction score

Everybody already knows this. No one thinks Belicheat is the one ho put the needles in the ball and let the air out. It was the ball boys or equipment guys but they do it at the direction of either the QB or head coach. No one else could possibly direct them to do that.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I guess what we need to know is if the refs actually checked the air pressure on the balls before the game. Not that they are supposed to do it, but let's hear from the official who checked them to tell us exactly what he did and how he did it.

ragman

Reaction score
It seemed to me like there was no anger coming from either Belichick or Brady in their separate news conferences. To me, that is very telling.

If it was me being accused of something I didn't do, I'd be steaming!

Just my $0.02.

MagicMan

Reaction score
Ravens reportedly tipped off the Colts about deflated footballs
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...gland-patriots-deflated-footballs-deflategate

As we await the results from the DeflateGate investigation, reports about what happened continue to leak out.

The Ravens tipped off the Colts about the deflated footballs, according to the latest report from FOX Sports' Jay Glazer,. The Ravens had recently complained about underinflated balls during the AFC divisional round game against the Patriots. Although SBNation points out how the Ravens' claim doesn't hold much value.

The Colts may not have needed a heads up, however. The Colts had concerns about underinflated balls after their regular-season game against the Patriots on Nov. 16, according to an ESPN report.

295280-330-0.jpg
D'Qwell Jackson (Getty Images)
Glazer's report also claims the league was already planning to inspect the balls at halftime, before linebacker D'Qwell Jackson noticed something was off when he intercepted Tom Brady.

The whole controversy surrounding the deflated balls isn't affecting the Patriots' next opponents. The Seahawks don't seem overly concerned with what the Patriots may or may not have done.

"If it's against the rules, it's against the rules," Richard Sherman said Wednesday. "But it's not going to have any effect on this game. Nobody is going to get suspended [for the Super Bowl], and nothing's going to happen. We're gonna play this game. Whatever they did, the risk/reward was greater.''

The NFL's investigation is supposed to be concluded within a few days according to multiple reports.

Boy, this is like a rotting fish.....gets stinkier every day. And to think the NFL should be concluding their "investigation" in a few days without talking to all the principles involved---i.e. Tom Brady, especially, is quite interesting. I am sure they want to get their stories straight with cover boy Tom before trying to con the media.

Would not be surprised if the same guy who did the preliminary "investigation" on the Ray Rice case is heading this beauty. But it is becoming clear as the facts are known as to what happened-------Pats had their ball boys deflate theirs to Brady's liking in the first half building a 10 point lead. I would even say that it has been done before a number of times that they already know and don't even have to be told by Brady. So it may be true when Brady says he did not order anyone to deflate the balls. He could have a career in politics once this is all done. And once the interception occurred prior to halftime, there was a buzz regarding the football psi when the Colts ball boys found out that ball was deflated, that is their job, they know if it needs air or not by the feel. The pats came out second half after being made aware of the ball issue and practically ran the fall down to score and build an insurmountable 24-7 lead. At that point, the Colts folded like we knew they would and were not going to come back.. The pats had a comfortable enough lead and the sense not to try anything suspicious at that point and so the balls were left as is.

These other stories coming out regarding other games indicate that there is a mutual understanding with the ball boys regarding the psi. Belicheat or Shady Brady do not even have to mention it, actually they prefer it that way so when they are asked........".no, I did not tell them/or I did not know."
The ball boys are still part of their organization and as such, penalties against the team should be enforced. And in this case, ignorance is not a defense......ask Sean Payton.

Shunpike

Reaction score
It seemed to me like there was no anger coming from either Belichick or Brady in their separate news conferences. To me, that is very telling.

If it was me being accused of something I didn't do, I'd be steaming!

Just my $0.02.

Good point. The sad thing is Kraft might be trying to cover this up as hard as he can. As a football fan I want justice. I don't want cheaters go unpunished. Also who cares about Pats' success all those years when you know it is pure cheating. My Giants killed Pats twice in the Superbowl. I have no hunch against them at all. In fact, they had my sympathy in the AFC. I posted on this board many times how much I respected Pats but at some point, enough is enough. I spend money for this league spend countless hours and my reward shouldn't be a product that includes cheating.

dogberry

Reaction score
When I do jobs like this, I always use cutouts.

No ballboy is going to hear from me directly.

My emissaries will distract the custodians of the Wilson's and make said improvements whilst the distraction is taking place.

If cinematics are called for, then "honey" might need to be employed.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I guess what we need to know is if the refs actually checked the air pressure on the balls before the game. Not that they are supposed to do it, but let's hear from the official who checked them to tell us exactly what he did and how he did it.

Yes, they are supposed to and the league already stated they did.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

Apparently there is a recent interview from a former Bears ball boy who says that he never saw the officials test the psi. They would eyeball the balls and give them a squeeze and call it good. He did say he usually saw a pressure gauge in the room but never saw it used.

The fans are hanging their hats on this and assuming this is standard operating procedure across the league. They cite the lack of any quotes from the NFL or the officials confirming the balls were actually tested as further evidence.

They then go one step farther and are convinced the NFL is going to throw the Pats under the bus to cover up the real scandal which is the lack of professionalism and character among the NFL officials! lol