Belichick Coming to Dallas could happen

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kate Beckinsale showing up at my office tomorrow and asking me out could happen. It won't, but it could.
Boy, if that happens, I hope we hear about it. I love her!

Last edited:

Kaiser

Reaction score
I don't know football because I don't remember a 3 game starter at nickel from 5 years ago.

I think you may be overplaying this one just a tad.

You know the inner workings of the Dallas Front Office and the innermost thoughts of Jerry Jones.

But that player guy? Whatzisname? You know... he played defense... fist bumped a lot.... that guy.

wileedog

Reaction score
You know the inner workings of the Dallas Front Office and the innermost thoughts of Jerry Jones.

But that player guy? Whatzisname? You know... he played defense... fist bumped a lot.... that guy.
I have never couched my posts as other than opinions and speculation here. I have said over and over I don't know what Belichick thinks or wants. I have said over and over that my opinions are based on known and observable patterns of behavior by Jerry Jones over the past 2 decades.

But Corey White, which I will venture to say more people on this board will join me in saying "Who?" than otherwise, is the real problem here. You might want to stop digging at some point.

Flamma

Reaction score
Belichick is probably going to retire and relax. Garrett on the other hand is still relatively young and has several decades of coaching left in him. Let that sink in.

ICP

Reaction score
Pipe dream, Ido love the sound of the dream though

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No, it is basic PR. It is not proof of ANYTHING. Every fired/quitting coach in the history of pro sports has been feted on the way out door. Leon Hess probably sang Rich Kotite's praises out the door.

Again, look at Jerry's actions in the 13 years since this has happened. Has he hired *anyone* like Parcells that has any challenge to his authority, or given *anyone* any measure of control like he did Parcells?

You can have your media quotes. 13 years of Jerry's behavior since then speak much louder.

PR does not mean it's a lie. And not every fired/quitted coach was feted on the way out; Jimmy Johnson and Jim Harbaugh belie that narrative too. Clubs certainly do not say they wanted him back; instead its the "we appreciate their contributions. . . ." or say nothing on the matter at all.

And what does 13 years matter? The fact is that he has done exactly what you claim he would not.

wileedog

Reaction score
PR does not mean it's a lie. And not every fired/quitted coach was feted on the way out; Jimmy Johnson and Jim Harbaugh belie that narrative too. Clubs certainly do not say they wanted him back; instead its the "we appreciate their contributions. . . ." or say nothing on the matter at all.

And what does 13 years matter? The fact is that he has done exactly what you claim he would not.

None of what you are saying here is debunking anything I have said, even though you are claiming it is. You are speculating just as much if not more than I am.

Also, when has he done exactly what I claim he would not? Has Wade or Garrett demonstrably had the ability to over-ride or even over influence Jerry on personnel the way Parcell's did?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
None of what you are saying here is debunking anything I have said, even though you are claiming it is. You are speculating just as much if not more than I am.

Also, when has he done exactly what I claim he would not? Has Wade or Garrett demonstrably had the ability to over-ride or even over influence Jerry on personnel the way Parcell's did?

Your entire narrative is that Jerry only hires yes men. He clearly has hired people that will stand up to and counter him.

Wade convinced Jerry that Alan Ball was sufficient at S as well as the horrid CB situation. Garrett got the club to start heavily and repeatedly investing top 100 picks in OL and DL. Heck, he even let Chan Gailey convince him to pass on Randy Moss for Greg Ellis.

This notion that Jerry only listens to himself is just ignorant. The problem is when he listens to buffoons like Lacewell and Phillips.

ghst187

Reaction score
I don’t see how Jerry and Bill would coexist....
Bill controls his team but in Dallas Jerry is an awkward third wheel with the players and coaches trying to be buddies with the players....can’t see Bill building the kind of team in Dallas he has been allowed to build in NE. That said, I think we’d easily have the Pats record or better this year if he was our coach.

sdfidaho

Reaction score
Belichick is probably going to retire and relax. Garrett on the other hand is still relatively young and has several decades of coaching left in him. Let that sink in.

Several decades?
Me thinks not...

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Of coarse he wants to come to Dallas. He's tired of the snow storms and iced over roads. He wants to shed the hoodie for once.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I've always wondered, since there is no salary cap on coaching, why are coach salaries still relatively low? Why hasn't some team dangled, say, a $25 million per year contract in front of some of the best head coaches by now?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Assuming that Jerry and Garrett part ways at seasons end consider the following :

1. The Hoodies contract goes season to season, so he would be free to come to the Cowboys after the NFL season is over.

2. BB has history with Jerry.
He helped the Cowboys with player contracts before getting into coaching in the NFL.

3. The Story about Bill asking Jerry for a job in the 1990's just came to light after all these years ..hummmm.... that's interesting to say the least.

4. Jerry is 77 years of age and had be realizing his mortality.
You can't take it with you, and if Jerry wants another Superbowl, he has to see that his window is closing.
Will that mean he would give up the control he enjoys ?
He did do with Belichick's mentor Parcels so it possible.

5. The Patriots are on the way down, Brady is showing his age.
Does Bill want to be part of a rebuild ?

6. The Cowboys are quality coaching away from being a legit contender.
They have a quality core and just need a coach that can tap the potential.

7. The Dallas media has mentioned that Mr. Jones is going big game hunting for the next Head Coach.
Do they get any bigger than BB ?

Hey this is a long shot to happen , but it may be be more realistic than any of us thought.

Make it happen Jerry !!!
This would be the ultimate hire !!!

I've had this strange dream of growing a 3rd nut. Guess who's wish has a better chance of happening?

Bill isn't coming to Dallas, dude.

John813

Reaction score
I say there's a small chance, very small. It would take a few rolling parts to get going before the offseason.

An implosion in the playoffs. Brady pulling a Marino and playing past his usefulness, and maybe Kraft showing loyalty to Brady over Bill.

Even then, would BillB want guys like McClay, Jerry, Stephen etc all in the war room? I could imagine the stares when Jerry tries to promote his wanted player over BillB's want.
Or Jerry going on the radio talking about possible starters and roster talk.

If BillB does leave and still wants to coach, you can't count out Dallas, purely because it's Dallas. But I'm not getting my hopes up at all.

Last edited:

birdwells1

Reaction score
I've thought this whole year that Garrett would move into the front office after this season no matter what. Its a better fit for him and it will be more money for less hours on the job.

If that really was the plan, Jerry (and the rest of the FO) are the type to lay the groundwork way ahead of time. Talking to mutual friends, wink and nod conversations with agents, etc.

I think Broaddus is right in that he is hearing Jerry is loading up a huge move on the next HC, not a flavor of the month assistant. It could be someone like Belichick or one of college guys like Saban or Meyer, but it will take a huge financial move to make that happen. And Jerry isn't afraid to do that, he never has.

What has he done to say that he should be move to the front office? This failing up has to stop.