Belichick Interested in coaching the Cowboys, Eagles, or Giants

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Improving this team is in the front view, not in the rear view mirror. Bill Belechick has been one of the greatest head coaches in NFL history. But he’s 72. Tom Landry was 64 when he was fired, and although it was handled poorly, his time was up. Bill B‘s time is up IMO.

Besides, I think the Bill B talk is mostly leaked by Jerry’s people to keep the angry fan base thinking meaningful changes are coming. They aren’t. At least until Jerry either dies or steps down and hires a real GM. As long as JJ is the GM, he will never again hire a HC who could steal some of his spotlight and/or credit.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Remember when the Cowboys were young and hungry and innovative? I do. This place is a sad pathetic nursing home. There is nothing about this franchise that provides hope. Only despair. A successful year for this franchise is when the upper level managers and coaches survive to the end.

Majic

Reaction score
Still think there is something in this. Will revisit next January

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The last thing we need is Belichick going to the Eagles with that aggressive GM. That's a tandem we don't want to work together.
Hurts is the kind of quarterback that needs an innovative coach to be reasonably effective. Belichick needs a great quarterback to make him reasonably effective. No one can predict who the Giants quarterback is going to be halfway through this season, let alone next season. The Cowboys are the only maybe for him and that’s highly unlikely. I think Belichick is done as a head coach.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Belichick is the next head coach of the Cowboys. I'm hoping to be wrong, but anticipate a down year for the Cowboys this year. Many fans seem frustrated with Jerry and bringing in Belichick is a headline type of move that makes him money, gets buy in from the fans, etc.

rambo2

Reaction score
Improving this team is in the front view, not in the rear view mirror. Bill Belechick has been one of the greatest head coaches in NFL history. But he’s 72. Tom Landry was 64 when he was fired, and although it was handled poorly, his time was up. Bill B‘s time is up IMO.

Besides, I think the Bill B talk is mostly leaked by Jerry’s people to keep the angry fan base thinking meaningful changes are coming. They aren’t. At least until Jerry either dies or steps down and hires a real GM. As long as JJ is the GM, he will never again hire a HC who could steal some of his spotlight and/or credit.
You got that right. There is no way they hire a 72 year old coach.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score

This is exactly the right take and why things will not change until a new ownership group takes charge, but we are stuck in purgatory because that will never happen.