Belichick Interested in coaching the Cowboys, Eagles, or Giants

Motorola

Reaction score
Improving this team is in the front view, not in the rear view mirror. Bill Belechick has been one of the greatest head coaches in NFL history. But he’s 72. Tom Landry was 64 when he was fired, and although it was handled poorly, his time was up. Bill B‘s time is up IMO.

Besides, I think the Bill B talk is mostly leaked by Jerry’s people to keep the angry fan base thinking meaningful changes are coming. They aren’t. At least until Jerry either dies or steps down and hires a real GM. As long as JJ is the GM, he will never again hire a HC who could steal some of his spotlight and/or credit.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If (when) Mike McCarthy is locked out of The Star, I think the only "big name" solution that can right this shipwreck of an organization would be Bill Belichick and I would love to see him bring in Jon Gruden as an OC.

Gruden running the offense, Belichick running the defense, and both of them evil glaring Jerry and Stephen whenever they do their little pep speeches to the team.

Egg shells indeed.

75boyz

Reaction score
Would absolutely love the discipline and no nonsense accountability he brings to the table. The team defense would be vastly improved as a whole as well.

My concerns lie in the quarterback position and offensive coordinator to pair with said quarterback. Brady "covered lots of team warts."

I think these 2 choices would be critical to team success along with who would be the GM or would BB carry that hat as well? Not a fan, as his drafts have been poor for a few years now.

So, while it would be a major major improvement of the hierarchy we have in place now, I believe too many critical pieces would all hafta come together in a perfect storm for us to be successful.

Of course I almost left out the most obvious gorilla in the room, being Jerry to ever sign off on this type of ceding of team control.

Harbaugh would have been a great choice though.

jmo

Flamma

Reaction score
Hurts is the kind of quarterback that needs an innovative coach to be reasonably effective. Belichick needs a great quarterback to make him reasonably effective. No one can predict who the Giants quarterback is going to be halfway through this season, let alone next season. The Cowboys are the only maybe for him and that’s highly unlikely. I think Belichick is done as a head coach.
If I had to guess, I think he wants to retire. But does that outweigh his desire to overtake Shula's record? But hey, he might not care about that record for all we know.

Dutton

Reaction score
Belichick is definitely a upgrade from magic Mike I guarantee they wouldn’t have crapped to bed in that Green Bay game. He knows how to game plan and make half time adjustments.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
that is a poor way to look at it.
BB drafted brady, in 6th round, a QB no one else thought could make it as even a bkup in the nfl.
He knew brady needed time on bench to get ready, and then had brady as # 2 when bledsoe got hurt.
Stayed with brady when bledsoe was ready to come back, and that led to their 1st SB win.
(that 1st SB was won by BB deciding to not run the clock out and go to OT, and drive for a winning FG which they did. Even Madden thought they should run the clock out)

At that point brady was just a good bus driver, they had a great defense. They won with that.
Over the years, the defense went downhill, but brady became a great qb, so then offense was better, and they won that way.

Another SB won by BB was the time he didnt call a timeout like everyone expected, with seattle on the 2 yd line.
That rattled Seattle and they threw a int, NE wins a game they should have lost, but bill did the unexpected again.

After drafting low for 25 years , the pats had no talent , or not enough, to field a good team, that is why brady left.
Tom knew that and went to a team loaded with talent.
Bill was stuck with a weak team that had a rookie low round draft pick for qb.

By the time brady left, NE needed a complete rebuild and to tank for like 3 years to get some good players. Bill tried to win with what he had
and that was a mistake.
I give Bellicheat nearly (nearly) zero credit for Brady.

He took him in the 6th. If he had ANY inkling whatsoever Brady was more than just the typical JAG QB that gets drafted a dozen times every Draft on Day 3, Bill would have taken him much higher. Bill just fell azz backwards into Brady. And even still, if Drew Bledsoe had never gotten hurt, Brady would have continued languishing on the bench. Brady got drafted by Bill on a fluke, and got his chance on the field because of a fluke injury.

Now....once Brady got his shot...and the Pats had no other choice to play him, then obviously he began to show himself a very very good QB in practice and on game days. So the one iota of credit I give Bill, was that he wasn't blind, and recognized (as we all did) that holy krap they found a gem QB in the 6th....which within a few years we realized was great, and a few years after that realized he was the best ever.

If Purdy in SF keeps getting better and becomes a HOFer, are we really gonna say Kyle S was a genius for taking him with their last throw away pick in the draft, and even then only playing him because they had no other healthy QB on the roster? Not me. KYLE would have played literally any other QB he could have had he had any other options at all. He simply got lucky.

And of course, all that said, Bill B is a raving cheater that jeopardizes the integrity of the game I love....so I think not only is he a piece of poo, but should be banned from the game for life.

That's just me though.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Jones Boys are setting up Mike McCarthy to fail and be fired. Enter Bill Belichick in 2025. This is so obvious.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Belichick is definitely a upgrade from magic Mike I guarantee they wouldn’t have crapped to bed in that Green Bay game. He knows how to game plan and make half time adjustments.
Agree, but fans are already giving reasons why we don't need Bill. The Fat Mikes of the NFL are so much better options, and the same fans will be applauding when we are stuck with Zimmer as HC for five years after MM.

plasticman

Reaction score
Yeah, there's plenty of room for both Jerry Jones and Bill Belichick's ego over at Cowboys headquarters.

I'm just imagining a lockerroom at halftime where the Cowboys are behind. Belichick is detailing different adjustments for the 2nd half. Suddenly Jerry enters the lockerroom with his entourage. He'd like to address the team.

Bill's career as the Cowboys HC would be shorter than Dan Reeves career as a consultant. I believe that lasted for two days.

Dutton

Reaction score
McMike should have been fired immediately after the Green Bay game period Especially now that we know that there in the process of rebuilding. Why not bring Belichick in ? Mike obviously can’t motivate a team and doesn’t know how to make game time adjustments.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Don’t doubt he has interest in us and those teams but this is clearly spin. He interviewed twice with the falcons and would have taken that job as well. He didn’t get it and no other offers so he leaks this to save some face.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zI9zluv.png

Links: 1, 2, 3

It. Is. The. Same. Guy.

What specific criteria is stopping someone with 100% autonomy in making a coaching change he wants? Is it someone who:

a) coached a team to a Super Bowl win?​
or​
b) coached a team to six Super Bowl victories?​

@Cowfan75Lives said it best:

If Jerry wanted Bill, he'd be here now.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
zI9zluv.png

Links: 1, 2, 3

It. Is. The. Same. Guy.

What specific criteria is stopping someone with 100% autonomy in making a coaching change he wants? Is it someone who:

a) coached a team to a Super Bowl win?​
or​
b) coached a team to six Super Bowl victories?​

@Cowfan75Lives said it best:
I'm not about this......first, Jerry never liked paying coaches who are not working for him. MM has a year left on his deal. Many thought he should have fired Garrett during the final year of his deal but he didn't. He chose to sacrifice a season rather than pay Garrett the final year.

Just my take but I think BB will be his first target if MM is fired after this season.
BTW....have you listened to him talking draft on ESPN? Man, you can hear the level of knowledge and experience ..........his credibility is off the chart. I'm looking so forward to listening to hear and seeing during the season.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I give Bellicheat nearly (nearly) zero credit for Brady.

He took him in the 6th. If he had ANY inkling whatsoever Brady was more than just the typical JAG QB that gets drafted a dozen times every Draft on Day 3, Bill would have taken him much higher. Bill just fell azz backwards into Brady. And even still, if Drew Bledsoe had never gotten hurt, Brady would have continued languishing on the bench. Brady got drafted by Bill on a fluke, and got his chance on the field because of a fluke injury.

Now....once Brady got his shot...and the Pats had no other choice to play him, then obviously he began to show himself a very very good QB in practice and on game days. So the one iota of credit I give Bill, was that he wasn't blind, and recognized (as we all did) that holy krap they found a gem QB in the 6th....which within a few years we realized was great, and a few years after that realized he was the best ever.

If Purdy in SF keeps getting better and becomes a HOFer, are we really gonna say Kyle S was a genius for taking him with their last throw away pick in the draft, and even then only playing him because they had no other healthy QB on the roster? Not me. KYLE would have played literally any other QB he could have had he had any other options at all. He simply got lucky.

And of course, all that said, Bill B is a raving cheater that jeopardizes the integrity of the game I love....so I think not only is he a piece of poo, but should be banned from the game for life.

That's just me though.
Not to get into an internet argument...

But I am thinking almost every coach if they had to choose one QB would choose Patrick Mahomes. Playoff proven(no yips) and just has more tools to demoralize the other team with.
I dont think Im going with a strictly pocket passer when there is a guy with great vision, strong arm and running ability available.

The convo of greatest ever quickly turns into a debate about intangibles, like clutch performer, or team stats(Super Bowls) to define the player. Based on performances and just all around tools...I dont see how anyone can put Brady over Mahomes unless you they want to claim team stats or some unquantifiable mental edge(competitive fire or clutch) that is opinion based.

Not taking anything away from Brady, he seems like a leader and put the film room time into his craft...but Mahomes seems to bring more to the table that is visible. I would argue peak Rogers with his legs was equal to Brady.

I just cant do the best ever thing based on Super Bowls. Patrick Mahomes looks like Michael Jordan on a football field.

basel90

Reaction score
This aint happening. Jerry wants a puppet. He will hire the next great flavor of the day...ie like Al Harris...someone like that.
al harris defensive work has not been convincing , the exposed against good offenses. I doubt he is a rising star. but anything is possible with jerry

slick325

Reaction score
If Jerry wanted Bill, he'd be here now.
Not necessarily true. Jerry went out of his way to mention having to pay "dead money" on coaches contracts. No way he wanted to pay McCarthy (while he sat at home) AND a new HC (especially the Hoodie and what he will cost).

Jerry wants to only be on the hook for paying on HC at a time. Once his obligation is up with McCarthy, I can see him reaching out to Belichick.