Belichick Interested in coaching the Cowboys, Eagles, or Giants

DandyDon52

Reaction score

lol I doubt most here could/would read this whole article, it is very long !!
I did and there was one part at the end that stuck out, and it is about what many here say is lacking with cowboys.

"The model is one of the books that influenced Belichick most: "Finding the Winning Edge," Bill Walsh's 550-page bid to put his football genius on paper. Walsh's system was coach-centric, of course. It was the NFL system. Walsh mocked the role of a general manager on losing teams, saying that most of them sit next to the owner during games and blame the coach, avoiding accountability. Belichick read the book and then developed an entire system based on accountability."

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could happen. Jerry good at selling hope and Belichick could be suckered. Belichick or Deion would be the two options for Jerry that maximizes exposure, sales, and media dominance. Of course, if Stephen is doing the negotiating, then welcome home Garrett.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This.

Still waiting on so.eone to point out Bellicheat's illustrious coaching achievements BEFORE or AFTER he had the greatest QB of all time....which is KIND of a huge advantage IMO.

Greatest QB ever, plus willingness to cheat....when you take those away, what had he done to make people giddy over him?
The comeback usually starts with what about going 11-5 with Matt Cassle? Of course they leave out that was with a team that just finished the best regular season of all time the year before 16-0 with Brady.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They have been friends for years.

Something tells me this is a throwaway season for the Jones' knowing they will bring in BB and get the fans buy in once again.
Could be. I’d still want to know the dynamic of how each wishes to behave and who gives in.

Bill doesn’t get to bring any of his trophies with him to Frisco, and I didn’t see much evidence of him being able to rebuild the Pats after Brady left.

Not that he forgot how to coach, but he isn’t a young man…and that man and personality, at this time, with this roster, sounds much more like disaster than a championship.

This isn’t a case like MM where you’re looking for someone to take a solid roster to the next level. It’ll be more of a rebuild.

Bill just wants the damn wins record. Don’t we need to get into more of a longer term reboot? Find a younger coach, who can find the new QB, etc….

I don’t see the fit with BB other than to keep people talking about the Cowboys.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This.

Still waiting on so.eone to point out Bellicheat's illustrious coaching achievements BEFORE or AFTER he had the greatest QB of all time....which is KIND of a huge advantage IMO.

Greatest QB ever, plus willingness to cheat....when you take those away, what had he done to make people giddy over him?
that is a poor way to look at it.
BB drafted brady, in 6th round, a QB no one else thought could make it as even a bkup in the nfl.
He knew brady needed time on bench to get ready, and then had brady as # 2 when bledsoe got hurt.
Stayed with brady when bledsoe was ready to come back, and that led to their 1st SB win.
(that 1st SB was won by BB deciding to not run the clock out and go to OT, and drive for a winning FG which they did. Even Madden thought they should run the clock out)

At that point brady was just a good bus driver, they had a great defense. They won with that.
Over the years, the defense went downhill, but brady became a great qb, so then offense was better, and they won that way.

Another SB won by BB was the time he didnt call a timeout like everyone expected, with seattle on the 2 yd line.
That rattled Seattle and they threw a int, NE wins a game they should have lost, but bill did the unexpected again.

After drafting low for 25 years , the pats had no talent , or not enough, to field a good team, that is why brady left.
Tom knew that and went to a team loaded with talent.
Bill was stuck with a weak team that had a rookie low round draft pick for qb.

By the time brady left, NE needed a complete rebuild and to tank for like 3 years to get some good players. Bill tried to win with what he had
and that was a mistake.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Bill just wants the damn wins record.
that is speculation, you dont know him or what he wants lol.
Sure if he coaches a few more years he will get that record, but what he wants is to coach, and prove he can make a winner
somewhere else and without brady.
I think he is good for 5 years which is standard for any HC.

The one thing bill would install is accountability, and that is what everyone here says dallas needs.
The team would always be prepared, something winning teams are.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I only want Belichick to "fix" Dak or send him packing...if we are going to do a total rebuild, I'm a "No" on 2025 with Belichick.

That said would he better than our current Reactive Doofus of a head coach? YES.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Belichick will take any head coaching job to get the all-time coaching record for wins. He needs 27 more to surpass Shula. At his advanced age you have to wonder if he’ll get the chance.

fivetwos

Reaction score
that is speculation, you dont know him or what he wants lol.
Sure if he coaches a few more years he will get that record, but what he wants is to coach, and prove he can make a winner
somewhere else and without brady.
I think he is good for 5 years which is standard for any HC.

The one thing bill would install is accountability, and that is what everyone here says dallas needs.
The team would always be prepared, something winning teams are.
And neither do you. I sincerely doubt it means absolutely nothing to a competitive guy like him.

Personally I don’t see the point of hiring a guy 70 something years old to establish some sort of a culture within a roster in a state of transition then be gone shortly.

Five years? He would be pushing 80. Come on.

Are we not better off trying to find the next McVay/Shanahan/LaFleur/McDermott, who can help find and develop the next QB and hopefully install some effective schemes for a change?

Each is entitled to his/her opinion, but that’s the direction I’d rather go.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Always thought he would end up with the Giants someday.....

Considering Daboll is an idiot....constantly looking to stir up crap...he already looks like he could be on his way out of NY.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Just imagine, if dallas doesnt hire BB, and the giants or eagles do !
That could be 2 losses a year for dallas instead of the 2 wins they get each year now off the giants.

A BB led team might start winning the div each year, or at least be a serious contender for it.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
This aint happening. Jerry wants a puppet. He will hire the next great flavor of the day...ie like Al Harris...someone like that.
You make hiring new blood for the HC position sound like such a bad thing.

They cant keep recycling these old dogs forever. The players seem to LOVE Harris and play their hearts out for him.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The last thing we need is Belichick going to the Eagles with that aggressive GM. That's a tandem we don't want to work together.
That GM would cease to be aggressive day 1. Bill would run everything.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Great job knee capping the current coach before the season. They knee capped the star LB too. This FO leak machine is very reminiscent of the Al Davis Raiders.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
He's honestly not a good fit for any of those teams.

Dallas is the Jones Circus, Philly's culture and Hurts seem incompatible with BB's style, and Daniel Jones sucks.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
To be honest I wouldn't be too upset if he went back to the Giants. That's where he comes from. New York should make it happen.