Belichick Interested in coaching the Cowboys, Eagles, or Giants

DandyDon52

Reaction score
BTW....have you listened to him talking draft on ESPN? Man, you can hear the level of knowledge and experience ..........his credibility is off the chart. I'm looking so forward to listening to hear and seeing during the season.
are you talking about Bill B.?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Not necessarily true. Jerry went out of his way to mention having to pay "dead money" on coaches contracts. No way he wanted to pay McCarthy (while he sat at home) AND a new HC (especially the Hoodie and what he will cost).

Jerry wants to only be on the hook for paying on HC at a time. Once his obligation is up with McCarthy, I can see him reaching out to Belichick.
this is what I am hoping!
If he goes with zimmer at HC it will be so boring.

Only 2 coaches got fired before contract was up, Wade, and the other guy after barry I think, and maybe barry due to the gun on plane thing?

But yes jerry is such a scrooge he didnt want to pay mike and bill at same time.
Also it could be they try to clean things up cap wise, and roster wise for the new ? HC.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Not necessarily true. Jerry went out of his way to mention having to pay "dead money" on coaches contracts. No way he wanted to pay McCarthy (while he sat at home) AND a new HC (especially the Hoodie and what he will cost).

Jerry wants to only be on the hook for paying on HC at a time. Once his obligation is up with McCarthy, I can see him reaching out to Belichick.
Then at best he is indifferent, choosing to save a few bucks to keep MM while wasting a season and potentially losing Bill had he gone elsewhere.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not about this......first, Jerry never liked paying coaches who are not working for him. MM has a year left on his deal. Many thought he should have fired Garrett during the final year of his deal but he didn't. He chose to sacrifice a season rather than pay Garrett the final year.
If true, that assumption lowers my opinion of Jones more than ever. A self-named general manager, sacrificing a season, with the self-rationalization not paying a coach is a better decision over not upgrading the position? On one hand, I say even Jones' decision-making is not that fundamentally flawed. On the other hand, it's Jones and would make perfect sense.

Just my take but I think BB will be his first target if MM is fired after this season.
I have the exact opposite opinion but time will reveal Jones' eventual course of action.

BTW....have you listened to him talking draft on ESPN? Man, you can hear the level of knowledge and experience ..........his credibility is off the chart. I'm looking so forward to listening to hear and seeing during the season.
I have not if you are referring to any recent commentary he has made on ESPN. Belichick has not been a perfect head coach but he has demonstrated a wealth of knowledge through the years to comprehend just how valuable he could be as a draft commentator. He should make any football observations extremely insightful and entertaining.

basel90

Reaction score
lol I doubt most here could/would read this whole article, it is very long !!
I did and there was one part at the end that stuck out, and it is about what many here say is lacking with cowboys.

"The model is one of the books that influenced Belichick most: "Finding the Winning Edge," Bill Walsh's 550-page bid to put his football genius on paper. Walsh's system was coach-centric, of course. It was the NFL system. Walsh mocked the role of a general manager on losing teams, saying that most of them sit next to the owner during games and blame the coach, avoiding accountability. Belichick read the book and then developed an entire system based on accountability."
My take on the beliceck to dallas possibility.
As expected , this season will be rough for the Cowboys. A moribund roster, nonexistent run game , with no viable QB who can save the offense with the run game stalls against good teams. I think the defense will be improved under zimmer , but that won't be enough.
8 to 9 losses expected, and at best a one and done playoff appearance.

This means Jerry will have to throw someone to the wolves to justify the shortcomings and to create some interest for the next season.This usually means a coaching change.
Options for Jerry
Zimmer : Jerry loves Zimmer but probably will not be exciting enough for the fans.
Belicek: A legendary 5 SB winner with declining results in the last 4 years without brady. But will create enough buzz. I don't see a defensive coach with Belicek's personality gelling with jerry and stephen . So i doubt he will be the choice.
Lincoln Riley : Stephen loves Lincoln since Lincoln was at OU, He is an offensive guru will be a nice fit with zimmer in control of the defense. Lincoln is a texas native and is about to get fired next season if he cannot get USC to the playoffs.
Bobby Slowik ( Houston Texans OC) . A rising star and could be the right fit.

just my humble observations.

khiladi

Reaction score
Even Bellichek proves you can't win with a bum QB in this modern era of no-defense. If it weren't for the move to Baltimore mid-season, Bill was on the verge of pulling a Jimmy Johnson resurrection of the Browns, as they were improving every year without modern free agency. They were 11-5 the year before, with Vinny at QB and he had the number 1 ranked defense, 7-9 the year before, 7-9 a year before that and 6-10 to start BBs HC career. They started off 3-1 the season they announced the move, even and then "rumors" started floating around that the team was moving and nobody knew the state of the franchise. Their minority owner was prodding Modell to move and it was announced in November they were bouncing.

When Brady left that year, they were also horrible offensively, stats were grossly over-exxagerated because they had the number 1 ranked defense and 37th TOs generated. ANybody could see the writing on the wall. He still won 10 games with Mac Jones in his rookie year and 8 the next year, but they had no WRs. Plus, BBs right hand men left basically the same time as Brady, Ernie Adams and Dante Scarnechhia. He did fine with Casell and his other QBs when Brady had the ACL tear. The first few SB wins werte definitely defensive dominance. HIs defensers regularyly massacred Manning in the playoffs.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Even Bellichek proves you can't win with a bum QB in this modern era of no-defense. If it weren't for the move to Baltimore mid-season, Bill was on the verge of pulling a Jimmy Johnson resurrection of the Browns, as they were improving every year without modern free agency. They were 11-5 the year before, with Vinny at QB and he had the number 1 ranked defense, 7-9 the year before, 7-9 a year before that and 6-10 to start BBs HC career. They started off 3-1 the season they announced the move, even and then "rumors" started floating around that the team was moving and nobody knew the state of the franchise. Their minority owner was prodding Modell to move and it was announced in November they were bouncing.

When Brady left that year, they were also horrible offensively, stats were grossly over-exxagerated because they had the number 1 ranked defense and 37th TOs generated. ANybody could see the writing on the wall. He still won 10 games with Mac Jones in his rookie year and 8 the next year, but they had no WRs. Plus, BBs right hand men left basically the same time as Brady, Ernie Adams and Dante Scarnechhia. He did fine with Casell and his other QBs when Brady had the ACL tear. The first few SB wins werte definitely defensive dominance. HIs defensers regularyly massacred Manning in the playoffs.
The guy lost to Eli Manning twice in Super Bowls.

Its a sin.

YOU can overrate him, but you cant trust him. 2 losses. In the Super Bowl. To Eli Manning.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The guy lost to Eli Manning twice in Super Bowls.

Its a sin.

YOU can overrate him, but you cant trust him. 2 losses. In the Super Bowl. To Eli Manning.
landry lost 3 of 5 SB's , and he lost twice to the goofy terry bradshaw !!
guess you cant trust landry either.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I’m down for this. I was hopeful but not optimistic that it would happen this off season but it’s become clear the team is preparing for 2025 due to the various elements and their timing.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Does anyone on this board have any real life experience with people over 70? Out entire front office and coaching staff is over 70. How about we look for someone I dunno say around 40? You now like someone who is in their prime. Oh yeah thats right our fearless leader is freaking 81. A 40 year old person would look at him like he has 3 heads.

This team is so awful. A decrepit joke.