Belichick out in New England

Kwyn

Reaction score
Being from New England has nothing to do with anything. People from Dallas do not automatically know the Cowboys coach lol.
Sure they do. Just ask the Zone for deep psychoanalysis of McCarthy, Jerry, Dak and Micah.

Being from New England, in this case, simply means he had more exposure to stories and information about Belichik.

dmaschuck

Reaction score
What's today's date

P6Qp49r.png

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Hope he straight up retires. Anything other than winning a SB somewhere else would be seen as 'proof' he had failed and the game has passed him by.
I doubt that happens.

Leaving NE is the right thing for Bill.

NE is facing a huge rebuild.

Now Dallas...we are ready to go.

Praxit

Reaction score
...some hard up football corporation will jump on this.

Carolina, Wash, SEA, ..etc.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
This coaching cycle has been wild.

For Belichick, it was time to go. He hit his Landry, Shula point where his team just bottomed out. And at 73 with a decade of failed drafts, he is not the guy you want leading the rebuild. If I'm him, I'd just call it a day.

Carroll's firing was a shocker. Sure, missing the WC was a little disappointing, but he had a WC type of team, so missing the playoffs by 1 point is about par for the course.

Same with Vrabel. The Titans weren't good, but their roster wasn't good and they were playing musical chairs at QB. And the team still played hard for him. He did nothing to justify losing his job.

As far as replacements... Vrabel to NE would be a perfect marriage. And as much as it pains me to say it, I think Quinn wants that Seattle job and Seattle wants DQ. He'd be another high-energy defensive guy to just slide right into Carroll's shoes.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It was downhill for Belichick after Brady left.

silvernblu

Reaction score
The game does not pass by great coaches. Great coaches make the game.
The game passed Tom Landry by. He was an innovator well before his time. But at the end he didn’t want to evolve.

In retrospect, Jerry made the right decision.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
For BB:

I can’t see Atlanta, Carolina, Washington, Vegas, Chicago, Seattle, Tennessee

I could see: SD, Philly, Buffalo, Dallas

*Assuming Philly/Buffalo/Dallas make changes after a playoff meltdown.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I guess you really don’t know Bill Belichick. I’m from New England. I understand how great he is but I also understand why you would say that.
He’s right, Brady made him. Belichick did little in Cleveland without a great QB. He had a 5-11 season his first year in NE with Bledsoe. He was 0-2 with Bledsoe during his second year until Brady stepped in and led them to a championship that no one saw coming. In the 5 seasons without Brady as his QB in NE, Belichick had 4 losing seasons. He probably wouldn’t have lasted 4 seasons as the HC in NE had Brady not come along.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
This coaching cycle has been wild.

For Belichick, it was time to go. He hit his Landry, Shula point where his team just bottomed out. And at 73 with a decade of failed drafts, he is not the guy you want leading the rebuild. If I'm him, I'd just call it a day.

Carroll's firing was a shocker. Sure, missing the WC was a little disappointing, but he had a WC type of team, so missing the playoffs by 1 point is about par for the course.

Same with Vrabel. The Titans weren't good, but their roster wasn't good and they were playing musical chairs at QB. And the team still played hard for him. He did nothing to justify losing his job.

As far as replacements... Vrabel to NE would be a perfect marriage. And as much as it pains me to say it, I think Quinn wants that Seattle job and Seattle wants DQ. He'd be another high-energy defensive guy to just slide right into Carroll's shoes.
I think the organizations have replacements in mind that are available so they want to make the change now rather than not get the guy they want. Still wild, but I think that is driving these decisions.