Belichick will take away half of Dallas's offense. Which one will it be?

8FOR!3

Reaction score
They can stuff the box and keep us from running but they don't really have the personnel to shut anything down imo. If anybody beats us in that game you'd have to think it'd be ourselves.

Big D

Reaction score
200623110902-cheddar-cubes-exlarge-169.jpg

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Considering the possibility of rain, I think Bill will shutout the Cowboys running game. They will force Moore and Dak to throw more than they are accustomed too.

Which part of this offense will Bill shutdown?
I would take away the running game, and CeeDee Lamb. The wet surface will take away Cooper as he does not like wet surfaces when playing with foot and leg injuries.

How to counter? Throw to the RB and TE a lot. 3-4 Defenses are not good at stopping RBs out the backfield and TE receiving as 3-4 Defense LBs are more suited to pass rush and plug the run. Pollard would be a nightmare to a LB in pass defense being a former WR/KR/RB at Memphis. Zeke has always been a good receiver. Sgt. Schultz and Jarwin the Avengers butler will need to show up and show out.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Belichick will go all out to plug the run -- they know it's the bread and butter of our offense, although, our passing is extremely capable, too! The Cowboys' offense has been consistently capable of challenging the most capable of NFL defenses and their defense will likely be no exception. Plus, it goes without saying that the Pats offense isn't nearly the threat that it was in the past, so it's not like our defense can't contain them well. There's no getting away from the fact that they'll have the home field advantage and the cooperation needed by their refs to make things difficult. Regardless, we've been on a roll and it seems hopeful that our players will be highly reluctant to allow their success to, somehow, become interrupted. If that's not quite enough to instill a fairly considerable degree of confidence in our Cowboys to get the job done, maybe we could just have faith that good luck sees fit to remain our companion!

Last edited:

RicKospia

Reaction score
Considering the possibility of rain, I think Bill will shutout the Cowboys running game. They will force Moore and Dak to throw more than they are accustomed too.

If it rains I look for the Cowboys to run the ball & set up the pass .

BigD_95

Reaction score

I fear no defense with this offense

Reactions: BAT

Redline360

Reaction score
Statistically you take away our run game and have Dak throw a ton of passes that's every teams best chance of winning.

I highly doubt NE will let zeke and Pollard control ToP. Will be the death of them from the start

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I'm getting cocky but the Patriots can't stop this offense. There is no defense in the league that can stop this offense. It will take very big mistakes on our end to stop this offense. I just don't see how you can. We have the best offensive line in the NFL. Probably the 2nd best 1-2 punch RB in the NFL behind only Cleveland and even that is debatable. A top 5 WR/TE group in the NFL. This year arguably a top 5 QB in the NFL. So let me break this down.

5th - QB
1st - Offensive Line
2nd - RB Tandem
5th - WR group

No team comes remotely close to those numbers. This is a good offense and possibly the best in the business . It's time to admit it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cowboys just need to come out and play their game, if they do that then Belichick or not will not slow this team down. Frankly NE is not a good team right now, they are in rebuilding mode with a young QB while I think you should always have a certain amount of respect for the team you are playing this game comes down to one simple thing and this Cowboys doing their job, if they do we have the fire power both ground and air to torch this Pats team.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Here is what the Patriots will do. They won't compromise or "pick their poison." They will slow down the entirety of that offense. This is what they did on the biggest stage a couple of years ago against a similar scheme, and it worked brilliantly.

The Cowboys run a lot of outside zone blocking, and this is where they've had most of their success. The Pats will deviate a bit from their usual scheme here, and they will go from a 2 gap approach to a one gap where they attack that OL vertically. They will come out with 6 defenders on the line of scrimmage and force the Cowboys to run up the gut, right into the heart of the defense. The Pats still have many of the key players in the front 7 who executed that gameplan to perfection in SB53.

They will come out mostly in Cover 4 to take away the deep play action pass plays, with the occasional Cover 3 with pattern matching and will sprinkle in some Cover 1 with a robber dropping down to take away the short/intermediate throws.

The Cowboys run a lot of outside zone blocking? So the last game looked to me like alot of pulling outside...because it was. Again you keep trying to say we have tendancies and everyone here keeps telling you THATS THE PROBLEM DEFENSES ARE RUNNING INTO this offense changes to what it needs to do to beat the team they are playing....because it can...and again you keep acting like no defense has tried this....BB will try and hide the formations from Dak, once they pick up what he is trying to do they will exploit the D. Pray it rains...that is your only shot.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak isn't going to exploit anything, even in clear weather. He's a very overrated QB. That offense goes as far as the running game will take it. The run game will be contained. You say that you can run a variety of different run blocking schemes, but outside zone blocking is by far the most successful one. That's something we have shut down on the biggest stage. Once the run game is contained, it takes away those deep PA pass plays, especially with us playing a lot of Cover 4 on Sunday, which is undoubtedly going to be the gameplan.

Bro i just read your 34 point predection for your ridiculous offense...talking to you now is not even worth time..go sell crazy on a patriots board...34 points Jesus

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I used to hate the Patriots for winning all the time but deep down inside I had to respect them. I always loved the way they would talk all week about how great the opponent was and how dangerous they are then go out and humiliate them. It was a pretty boss move. Now they think they can they can keep with the same old schtick. The thing is if you brag up the other team all week and they stomp you you don't come across as cool any more. You come across as weak and pathetic and stupid. I can't wait to make them look weak and pathetic and stupid.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak isn't going to exploit anything, even in clear weather. He's a very overrated QB. That offense goes as far as the running game will take it. The run game will be contained. You say that you can run a variety of different run blocking schemes, but outside zone blocking is by far the most successful one. That's something we have shut down on the biggest stage. Once the run game is contained, it takes away those deep PA pass plays, especially with us playing a lot of Cover 4 on Sunday, which is undoubtedly going to be the gameplan.

yeah problem is you don't have the players. Talking about SB those days are gone. Davis Mills torched that secondary and Houston has a fewer weapons than Dallas. Pats have a lot of weakness and I fully expect Dallas to exploit those weakness.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Daks over rated but Mac Jones is about to go off for 34 points....How that rookie QB for houston do against your D???? again ridiculous