Bell is asking for 17mil a year

blueblood70

Reaction score
these guys over inflated asking prices are going to be flat out cap killers.. his argument hes as important as Abrown and thats what Brown makes..if your QB, WR and RB alone make 65mil a yr.this sint the NBA..wow just wow

No way a RB will get that but stranger things have happened..

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Won't get it. I just don't think a team will value a RB that much unless they are convinced he'll sign for four years.

Doesn't mean he's not more deserving than some of these horrid QB signings.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Hopefully, he’ll get asking price...

Then Zeke takes a team-friendly 4 year $20M deal!

:thumbup:

Rayman70

Reaction score
these guys over inflated asking prices are going to be flat out cap killers.. his argument hes as important as Abrown and thats what Brown makes..if your QB, WR and RB alone make 65mil a yr.this sint the NBA..wow just wow

CLEVELAND should call the Stillers up. Bell is a game changer. That's way too much money still..but If I'm Cleveland,I think I might ask about Bell.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Has he missed games because of injury or just suspension?

Regardless.. RB's are too fragile to invest in like that because you can't depend on them based on the nature of their position.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Enjoy Elliott while you can.

Because he’s going to want Bell money, if not more, and we’d be fools to give it to him.
Dang... and I like Elliott. I know I'm going to be one of the few, here, hoping for a second contract. I think he's that good and important to the team, even being a RB, but...

Dang... and I like Elliott.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Hell, the WR and QB markets have been reset, why not RB. I'm guessing before it's all said and done few others will reset also.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Looks like some of you are missing the bigger picture here.

Bell is a top 2 RB but what most forget is that he is also a top 10 WR.

Combine those together and he is the #1 non-QB yardage player in the league.

If Bell thinks he deserves to be the highest paid RB and WR in the league, he seems to have earned it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Right now if ANYBODY CAN AFFORD TO GAMBLE AND OVER PAY FOR A GUY,ITS CLEVELAND. Go get Bell.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
CLEVELAND should call the Stillers up. Bell is a game changer. That's way too much money still..but If I'm Cleveland,I think I might ask about Bell.
Cleveland can just draft a RB with the 1st and 4th pick in the draft. My hope is he is traded to a team I can't stand or the Steelers sign him. As long as he does damage to the cap.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is only the beginning and with the greed factor so high with the owners and players, I wonder how the fans are going to react. These owners are creating their own Frankenstein monsters with these salaries and they are going to turn on them eventually because they are not keeping it balanced. Every Steeler should demand more on every contract.

Take a look at the stories on the clubs getting sued by their own cheer squads for pay below minimum wage and demands on their time. These men are the poster boys for absolute greed but their players are starting to catch up.

The money goes up and the overall quality of play goes down.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Bell is an excellent player but he’s an RB who’s going into his 6th season. He’s been suspended twice and has missed games every season. No way is he getting 17M a year. Although he’s a terrific receiver coming out of the backfield he only averaged 4.0 a carry last season. He’s looking for elite receiver money.