Bell is asking for 17mil a year

CPanther95

Reaction score
Pitt would sell franchise before trading with Cleveland......lol

You're thinking of the Baltimore Browns :D and the deep rivalry that goes back decades.

The current Cleveland franchise has no real negative history with the Steelers because it is so lopsided. Big Ben has more wins in Cleveland than any Cleveland QB has had since they joined the league in 1999.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You're thinking of the Baltimore Browns :D and the deep rivalry that goes back decades.

The current Cleveland franchise has no real negative history with the Steelers because it is so lopsided. Big Ben has more wins in Cleveland than any Cleveland QB has had since they joined the league in 1999.

Do they not play each other twice a year........no way I'm trading my best player to a divisional rival.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
I don’t think he ever was going to see a second contract
We have a 5th year option and then you could tag him

If that was the plan, I highly question why they chose to use a top 5 pick on a 1-contract player.

conner01

Reaction score
If that was the plan, I highly question why they chose to use a top 5 pick on a 1-contract player.
A first rnd pick you have 5 years, then if you wanted you could tag them one year giving you the player for 6 years which is for the most part the majority of most RB’s productive career

zerofill

Reaction score
Problem they have with Bell is, they throw to him like he is a receiver... dude had 85 receptions and Brown had 101, and Brown doesn't have to run the ball as well.... Would I pay him that much? No...

Do I blame him for trying? Not really...

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Problem they have with Bell is, they throw to him like he is a receiver... dude had 85 receptions and Brown had 101, and Brown doesn't have to run the ball as well.... Would I pay him that much? No...

Do I blame him for trying? Not really...

That's his angle too. He's not just a running back, he is one of their primary receiving threats too, so paying him solely a RB's market price isn't indicative of what he brings to the table for his team based upon how he is used relative to how other RBs are used on their team to determine their salary. I honestly don't fault him for that line of thinking, especially considering RBs typicaly wear out faster than other skill positions with the amount of touches they get and Bell gets a ton of touches.

Proof

Reaction score
Bell is an excellent player but he’s an RB who’s going into his 6th season. He’s been suspended twice and has missed games every season. No way is he getting 17M a year. Although he’s a terrific receiver coming out of the backfield he only averaged 4.0 a carry last season. He’s looking for elite receiver money.

he's an elite receiver.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
he's an elite receiver.

Compared to the top receivers in the league he’s not even close. He had 85 catches for 655 yards and 2 TDs last season as a receiver. Those are excellent receiving numbers for an RB but not an elite WR.

Proof

Reaction score
Compared to the top receivers in the league he’s not even close. He had 85 catches for 655 yards and 2 TDs last season as a receiver. Those are excellent receiving numbers for an RB but not an elite WR.

The production doesn't necessarily line up as it's not his primary job, just an added feature of his skillset. I'm talking skill for the position and imo he absolutely is. and on top of that arguably the best rb. to me it's probably him, AB and odell as the three best offensive players in the league. Those two deserve that much, I think it's more than fair for him to want it too.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Enjoy Elliott while you can.

Because he’s going to want Bell money, if not more, and we’d be fools to give it to him.

Another reason to really dislike that pick. He was a young rookie, too, and the team already indicated him being available for a second contract was a consideration when they took him.

Then, in year two, he sits for 6 games. Long enough to impact the season, but not long enough that he didn't get credited for a year of service as far as his contract is concerned.

Maybe he'll give us a deal on the second contract to help us out. Just kidding.

Should have taken the DB who's going to be playing longer and who's about as good and who, it turns out, played a position of major need.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The production doesn't necessarily line up as it's not his primary job, just an added feature of his skillset. I'm talking skill for the position and imo he absolutely is. and on top of that arguably the best rb. to me it's probably him, AB and odell as the three best offensive players in the league. Those two deserve that much, I think it's more than fair for him to want it too.

He’s a terrific player but he’s had two drug suspensions and he’s had some injury issues. He’s never rushed for more than 1361 yards and that was three years ago. He only averaged 4.0 a carry last season for under 1300 yards. He already has five seasons under his belt, that’s quite a bit of tread off the tires of an RB. An excellent player but he’s not worth the kind of money he’s asking for. That’s just my opinion.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dang... and I like Elliott. I know I'm going to be one of the few, here, hoping for a second contract. I think he's that good and important to the team, even being a RB, but...

Dang... and I like Elliott.
we wont or at least i believe we wont, as talented as he is Murray had some great seasons here and we let him walk mainly due to wanting more years and mileage is the issue with Rbs..BTW I like Zeke a lot better things are coming but Bell right now is the best overall back in the league..He does it all at a PB level Catch, block, run etc etc zekes not there yet , they are different backs really..By the time his contract comes up with the offense he will be as worn down as Murray was, so we will be looking in the draft again :)something got to give with these contracts though , owners at least a few need to just say no more and it starts with the QBs being WAY overpaid see Osweiller LOL Now its trickling down into WRs and Rbs wanting this type of money..you cant build TEAM when 4 guys are making 60% of the cap space.theres cap these players arte just going to kill the league if it doesn't stop or the the NFL need to go the way of Baseball and the NBA and Loosen the cap a bit so teams that can afford it can pay penaltys for going over but the NFL likes Parody and its why they went this way in the first place..they don't want Rich teams dominating and the smaller markets falling behind :)

Proof

Reaction score
He’s a terrific player but he’s had two drug suspensions and he’s had some injury issues. He’s never rushed for more than 1361 yards and that was three years ago. He only averaged 4.0 a carry last season for under 1300 yards. He already has five seasons under his belt, that’s quite a bit of tread off the tires of an RB. An excellent player but he’s not worth the kind of money he’s asking for. That’s just my opinion.

I get it. he's got some red flags, but lets not undersell his production. He's been over or right at 2000 total yards every year but his rookie season and the year he played 6 games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I get it. he's got some red flags, but lets not undersell his production. He's been over or right at 2000 total yards every year but his rookie season and the year he played 6 games.

He’s got some red flags and he’s an RB with 5 full seasons under his belt. I’m not the only one who doesn’t think he’s worth the kind of money he’s asking for. Last I heard he wants to be paid like a number one RB and a number two WR.

https://thebiglead.com/2018/02/21/leveon-bell-isnt-worth-the-money/

Proof

Reaction score
He’s got some red flags and he’s an RB with 5 full seasons under his belt. I’m not the only one who doesn’t think he’s worth the kind of money he’s asking for. Last I heard he wants to be paid like a number one RB and a number two WR.

https://thebiglead.com/2018/02/21/leveon-bell-isnt-worth-the-money/

yeah the 'mileage' is included with the red flags. And i don't think you believing he's not worth the money is some far out position, I just disagree. I'm sure there's a ton of people who agree with each of us.

Anyway, no biggie. I just think it's kind of sucky that the league / owners have conditioned us to feel a certain way about what players are worth. a guy like him is a unique case and it's almost immediately scoffed at.