Bell is asking for 17mil a year

rags747

Reaction score
The next CBA will be brutal, the players are going to want what the owners have I see strike football ahead...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I thought this was about Byron Bell. That amount would have been so out of touch with reality that you'd have to wonder how many concussions he suffered last year.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
There are 2-4 “stud” RBs in the league IMO, but not sure they’re worth big contracts.

College may be producing few NFL-ready QBs, but it’s putting out at least 5-10 (or more) NFL-ready RBs every year.

They’re not all stud RBs but with teams using RB-by-committee, most are “good enough” in the hands of a creative/competent OC

No need to over-pay a RB & kill you cap for years to come.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
`
$17 a year for a RB?

LOL

No, I don't think so................and that applies to Zeke as well, if he wants that type of coin he can walk in a couple of years.

RB is the easiest position on the field to play, that is why rookies can come in and put up 1000 yards right out of the gate. Draft a rookie RB in the first and you got him for 5 years on a cheap rookie contract.

Rinse and repeat................giving a second contract to a RB is just dam stupid nowadays.
Told y'all I'm going to be in the minority...
Thankfully, I have time to hone my arguments.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
How much is the number 4 overall pick plus a 25M fully guaranteed contract worth?

Asking for a friend.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gotta draft a replacement every 4 years for some of these guys. You can still get quality RB's in the 3rd or 4th round of most drafts.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
How much is the number 4 overall pick plus a 25M fully guaranteed contract worth?

Asking for a friend.
This place is going to melt down when Zeke walks at the end of this contract. Or when he gets 15 million per year. There’s not really a good scenario at the end of this

MistyAnn

Reaction score
He is a one of a kind, but the money is better spent on the O-line and QB, everything else comes down to play calling. Elliott is a better player, we need to hold onto him for as long as possible. Tickets are going to be expensive next year.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
That is why you don't worry about "shortening careers" for RBs while you have them.

If I am the Cowboy's, I run Zeke into the ground these next 3 seasons..........we are talking 30+ touches a game

Take the thread off those new tires so they are bald as hell when his 5 yrs is up............then you draft another.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Our leverage with Elliott is fine.

We have the 5th year option, and back to back tags if he's really beasting that hard.

With the nature of RB contracts now, I don't think it's going to be that bad.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Enjoy Elliott while you can.
Because he’s going to want Bell money, if not more, and we’d be fools to give it to him.

We should be drafting a midround RB the next few years to give us options.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
This place is going to melt down when Zeke walks at the end of this contract. Or when he gets 15 million per year. There’s not really a good scenario at the end of this
Some viewed Zeke as the prince that was promised. He's always been a false dragon to me.

conner01

Reaction score
If that's the case then Elliott won't see a 2nd contract here, that's absurd money for a RB.
I don’t think he ever was going to see a second contract
We have a 5th year option and then you could tag him

CPanther95

Reaction score
No chance. Steelers never planned on anything but 2 franchise tags then letting him walk. He wants more this year than last, but he's worth less to the Steelers this year than last since he's a year older.

Let someone else give him his big payday in 2019.