Bell is asking for 17mil a year

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Hell, the WR and QB markets have been reset, why not RB. I'm guessing before it's all said and done few others will reset also.
Cap needs to be reset, honestly.
These owners are making enough money. These players are getting turned into vegetables, later in life...

Won't happen, because these owners are business men with billions and they're negotiating with comparatively less educated and business savvy players (with representation, I know, but so do the owners. The difference in the repping is astounding for each side for many reasons) so I get it.

Sad really, when a sport's (that is making considerably less money and profit) players, that's pretty much non-contact, is making insane money (NBA) while the CTE kids get hammered by not only less money, but non-guaranteed contracts.

OKAY! Okay... I'm stepping off my soapbox.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Won't get it. I just don't think a team will value a RB that much unless they are convinced he'll sign for four years.

Doesn't mean he's not more deserving than some of these horrid QB signings.

For that price I'm sure he would sign for 4 years. The issues would be the amount of guaranteed money, and whether Bell really has 4 years left of playing at this level. His suspension history might be a little concern too.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Enjoy Elliott while you can.

Because he’s going to want Bell money, if not more, and we’d be fools to give it to him.

Luckily he can be locked up for 4 more years at a reasonable price.

I imagine Zeke will be stuck with the franchise tag for one season before hitting FA

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These owners are making enough money. These players are getting turned into vegetables, later in life...

Won't happen, because these owners are business men with billions and they're negotiating with comparatively less educated and business savvy players (with representation, I know, but so do the owners. the difference in the repping is astounding for each side for many reasons) so I get it.

Sad really, when a sport's (that is making considerably less money and profit) players, that's pretty much non-contact, is making insane money (NBA) while the CTE kids get hammered by not only less money, but non-guaranteed contracts.

The thing is, raising the cap won't change the issues. Players and their agents are always going to look at cap space know how much money teams have to play with, and try to run up the price, and owners are always going to try and out bid each other to get the players they want. As such, the cap issues would be the same.

The Natural

Reaction score
Enjoy Elliott while you can.

Because he’s going to want Bell money, if not more, and we’d be fools to give it to him.
Zeke doesn't have the same argument to stand on. As a pure running back I prefer Zeke, he isnt given the same opportunities to produce as a receiver that Bell is. His asking price is absolutely fair.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Bell is an excellent player but he’s an RB who’s going into his 6th season. He’s been suspended twice and has missed games every season. No way is he getting 17M a year. The season he had last year certainly doesn’t warrant that kind of money he only averaged 4.0 a carry.
Cleveland just needs a winning season...and if that means getting Bell at an inflated cost,then so be it. They not only can draft their QB at 1...but can trade that 4th overall pick to the Stillers for Bell straight up. I would do that because Bell is better than Barkley.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Looks like some of you are missing the bigger picture here.

Bell is a top 2 RB but what most forget is that he is also a top 10 WR.

Combine those together and he is the #1 non-QB yardage player in the league.

If Bell thinks he deserves to be the highest paid RB and WR in the league, he seems to have earned it.
He's probably worth it based on that. However, they need to protect themselves, in case he's suspended again for violating the substance abuse policies.

Corso

Reaction score
The thing is, raising the cap won't change the issues. Players and their agents are always going to look at cap space know how much money teams have to play with, and try to run up the price, and owners are always going to try and out bid each other to get the players they want. As such, the cap issues would be the same.
I savvy, but your desires and mine aren't one and the same.
You look at a reset cap to get more players, or more high cost players.
I want a reset cap to pay these guys more money, in general. They deserve it! A lot of them do... Not all.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
If that's the case then Elliott won't see a 2nd contract here, that's absurd money for a RB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Cleveland just needs a winning season...and if that means getting Bell at an inflated cost,then so be it. They not only can draft their QB at 1...but can trade that 4th overall pick to the Stillers for Bell straight up. I would do that because Bell is better than Barkley.

For Cleveland to have a winning season they need a franchise QB. Bell has had two drug suspensions and although he’s only 26 he’ll be going into his 6th season. Barkley is a terrific talent who could end up being better than Bell and he’ll be much cheaper plus I haven’t heard anything about any drug concerns with Barkley. The Browns would be better off taking Barkley if they don’t like any of the QBs.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Won't happen, because these owners are business men with billions and they're negotiating with comparatively less educated and business savvy players (with representation, I know, but so do the owners. The difference in the repping is astounding for each side for many reasons) so I get it.

Read somewhere the current CBA expires 2021 or 2022, which is why there were very few 4-5 years deals. Most agents preferred their players signing for 3 years or less.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score

If Bell thinks he deserves to be the highest paid RB and WR in the league, he seems to have earned it.

What qualifies him as a top 10 WR the one 800 yard season with 3 TDS receiving or the 2 years with 600+ yards and 2 TDS per.

By those standards. Dez must be top 5 ;)

Corso

Reaction score
Read somewhere the current CBA expires 2021 or 2022, which is why there were very few 4-5 years deals. Most agents preferred their players signing for 3 years or less.
Makes complete sense.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I still say you don’t take a RB in the first. Especially when you have major holes to fill like Cleveland.

DFWJC

Reaction score

I get what you're saying about total production, but...
Bell is not a top 50 WR in the league.
He is a running back who is great at catching passes our of the backfield. Those aren't the same things at all.

Bell also has a lot of mileage

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
$17 a year for a RB?

LOL

No, I don't think so................and that applies to Zeke as well, if he wants that type of coin he can walk in a couple of years.

RB is the easiest position on the field to play, that is why rookies can come in and put up 1000 yards right out of the gate. Draft a rookie RB in the first and you got him for 5 years on a cheap rookie contract.

Rinse and repeat................giving a second contract to a RB is just dam stupid nowadays.