News: Ben DiNucci is getting a lot of praise

Rayman70

Reaction score
Workout prior to the 2020 draft:

Pitt/James Madison highlights:

OK, I WATCHED THIS VIDEO ABOVE AT HIS PRO DAY. What jumped out to me was his anticipation. He was releasing passes many times, before the receiver turned around. It was a beautiful thing to watch. If I have 1 gripe about Dak,its that he doesn't anticipate well. This cat has the tools...and natural ability. He may just be a gem.Maybe this years Gardner Minshew.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mike knows QB’s so PS should be fun.
yeah and I have a feeling he studied up on this guy and followed his career for the last year at least. He takes the QB position very seriously. Without a capable QB, almost in any league, you aint sniffing the post season.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yet again you are in need of some educating. The plan was always to get Dak signed after the draft. Not anticipated was the untimely death of his brother, Jace. Now Dak needs time to bury his brother a grieve. Respecting that, the Cowboys FO is delaying the contract signing but it's still going to happen.

Why don't you go find Dak and live your dream man!
You can cook for him do his laundry the works baby!
Mr. Know it all in the house ......Dak love simply incurable no matter how many Field Goals we kick....o_O

P.S. All these statements on Dak's contract situation when you are totally out of the loop of what is really going on....amazing.

Aven8

Reaction score
yeah and I have a feeling he studied up on this guy and followed his career for the last year at least. He takes the QB position very seriously. Without a capable QB, almost in any league, you aint sniffing the post season.

I thought I heard on the radio that Mikes brother coached him in basketball or something in Pittsburgh.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I hope Ben is mentally tough, he will need it here. Fans will praise you before you step on the field and rake you over the coals if you do not perform this pre season. I don't expect much early on from Ben, he is a 7th rd pick from a small school. Hell it took Romo 4 years before he cracked the starting lineup. There is a lot of work ahead for Dinucci and it will not happen overnight. I do hope he proves himself as an NFL caliber QB but he will need time.

It didn’t take 4 years for romo. It took the idiot parcels 4 years to play him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Why don't you go find Dak and live your dream man!
You can cook for him do his laundry the works baby!
Mr. Know it all in the house ......Dak love simply incurable no matter how many Field Goals we kick....o_O

P.S. All these statements on Dak's contract situation when you are totally out of the loop of what is really going on....amazing.
LOL, your utter disgust of Dak is delicious. Be careful not to choke on it. :D

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He still be starting by week 4, Dak better sign cause he is getting ready to lose his job. Just trade Dak and let's get the Ben dynasty rolling........ his name is even better than Daks. Maybe he can teach Dak how to be accurate on his way out the door.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It cost parcels his tenure here. Qb was parcels Achilles heal as a coach.
agree. For as good as he was as a HC..he sucked when it came to pulling the trigger on a QB. He seemed to under value the position when it came to rookies and over valued vets at the same position. If that makes any sense. But yeah, he was just so damn stubborn when it came to that. MM is a flexible guy and the time off helped him re-evaluate his coaching mentality. He is on record stating such. It showed in the draft. He had a plan, didn't hesitate one bit.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If he is this accurate, can read defenses and has great pocket presence, I hope that he is the next starting QB for the Cowboys. He has everything that Dak lacks.
Telling you all now..the kid is gonna be real good. It starts with him competing and beating out Rush...which honestly, wont be very hard...then eventually he will either push Dak to be even better, or he will replace him. This league is a business.

Plankton

Reaction score
Not to be the dimming light on the pep rally here, but DiNucci needs to work on using his lower body to drive the ball on his throws downfield. He doesn't have a strong arm at all, and seems to have issues generating power on throws outside the numbers. He's a long shot at best who needs a ton of development and work mechanically.

And, before people start in with but...but....Belichick!, Belichick is the same guy who picked Kevin O'Connell and Ryan Mallett with mid round picks, neither of whom turned out to be anything.