News: Ben DiNucci is getting a lot of praise

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
"lEt dAK gO, sTarT rUsH THiS yEAr tHeN gROom dINuCci tO bE oUr fRAnChiSe qB." :rolleyes:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why can't people be excited without have to be a "Dak hater"?

It seem you're the one with an ax to grind...

Excited about a backup QB to replace Cooper Rush? You honestly think that’s what many are excited about and all are in support of Dak? lol How many seventh round draft picks have the Cowboys drafted that have created this kind of interest?

nobody

Reaction score
They...who didn't sub out Dak for Rush in the eagles game...are no longer here.

It doesn't matter. If Rush didn't inspire confidence enough to play when Dak was hurt...then new options are needed. I'm glad they drafted a possible replacement backup. We'll see who ends up being the primary backup for Dak after training camp. My guess is Rush is possibly 3.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not to be the dimming light on the pep rally here, but DiNucci needs to work on using his lower body to drive the ball on his throws downfield. He doesn't have a strong arm at all, and seems to have issues generating power on throws outside the numbers. He's a long shot at best who needs a ton of development and work mechanically.

And, before people start in with but...but....Belichick!, Belichick is the same guy who picked Kevin O'Connell and Ryan Mallett with mid round picks, neither of whom turned out to be anything.

Yep his arm looks very weak.

I don’t know if he has the arm strength to start in the NfL.

As a backup I like that he can run, buy time, and potentially look like a point guard by distributing the ball around in the offense.

He’s 6’2 so maybe he can get stronger and put some bulk on that frame but right now he is tiny and lacks arm strength.

J-man

Reaction score
Love the pic, has a real shot to make this team as the back up. Rush is in big trouble

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thorson was productive in college. From what I seen of him anyway.
Could they go back to keeping 3 QB's. Thorson and DiNucci. Rush gets released (or traded :muttley:)

Dude has a cannon. And they were taking him with the team to away games late in the season last year. I’m intrigued by both him and DiNucci.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
That's fair. I think he uses his feet a little more than Rodgers, but Rodgers has never been adverse from running when he had a chance. Not saying Romo was adverse to it, but it wasn't his thing. He'd rather pull up and throw before crossing the line of scrimmage since he'd never really just put his head down to run.

DiNucci's numbers show he's pretty adept at running.

Only reason why we would compare him to Romo is the similar story from a nobody to maybe something in the future as a Dallas Cowboy. He is in fact a nobody that might not make the roster, just like Romo was in the past. Also Romo was magic as far as moving around in the pocket.....but Romo did run a 5.01 in the 40, he wasn't fast while this kid runs around a 4.7, the range of Aaron when he was drafted.

Aaron went to a major college, 1st rounder, obviously the comparison makes no sense but its better than Romo. The release, movement, ability to escape and run, tools, cockiness, I can go on, it does look more like Rodgers. He might be bagging groceries in a few months, but Ben does have a look of Rodgers.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why don't you go find Dak and live your dream man!
You can cook for him do his laundry the works baby!
Mr. Know it all in the house ......Dak love simply incurable no matter how many Field Goals we kick....o_O

P.S. All these statements on Dak's contract situation when you are totally out of the loop of what is really going on....amazing.

This is how lost you are. From May 2018. :laugh:

Once Dak "Implodes" this coming season and its evident beyond any doubt that he simply lacks the god given talents to start for America's team it will be a Rush-White sock em out on who will eventually QB our team to Glory!
And if they can't get it done we will be drafting a Franchise QB come draft time!

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/wha...owboys-rookie-qb-mike-white-in-dallas.403187/

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Mike White created a huge buzz on this board when he was drafted. These posts made me laugh out loud. The thread was started April 28, 2018.

Best QB on the roster.

I’m telling you guys this guy is a stud QB. Think Matt Ryan type QB.

**** yes I’m so pumped . A real QB!!!!! Who has accuracy !!!!

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/5th-round-pick-qb-mike-white-western-kentucky-171st-pick.402193/

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mike White created a huge buzz on this board when he was drafted. This post that made me laugh out loud. The thread was started April 28, 2018.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/5th-round-pick-qb-mike-white-western-kentucky-171st-pick.402193/

We all love you until you step on the field. lol I can't say how DiNucci will turn out, could he be a Romo in the making or a Clint Stoner? I know it will likely take time for him to learn and develop just as it took Romo 4 years sitting before BP felt he was ready

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We all love you until you step on the field. lol I can't say how DiNucci will turn out, could he be a Romo in the making or a Clint Stoner? I know it will likely take time for him to learn and develop just as it took Romo 4 years sitting before BP felt he was ready

Some can spin what they want but DiNucci is all about giving the Dak haters/detractors hope. The realists see him as a backup prospect but the Dak haters see him as hope for the future.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Some can spin what they want but DiNucci is all about giving the Dak haters/detractors hope. The realists see him as a backup prospect but the Dak haters see him as hope for the future.

No doubt. I hope Dinucci does develop, why would anyone want to see a member of the team fail? As for replacing Dak? That is not likely to happen anytime soon. I let the haters hate

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I know some said it in the OP above, but watching video of him reminds me of Tony Romo in a lot of ways. Throws accurate on the run, runs the ball, escapes pressure, accurate.... Really liking this guy.
Anyways, here is a highlight video that shows alot more of his game

When I first seen we picked a QB with our last pick I just assumed it was a waste. But after looking at all the highlights I'm not so sure anymore. Here's a few plays that I was really impressed with. At the 20 second mark. He tucked the ball in and lowered his head and got that TD. He looked like a RB on that play. Wow! The pass at the 1:05 mark. Whatta pass!! That angle was not easy. And the last pass was impressive, too. Thanks for posting this. :thumbup:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No doubt. I hope Dinucci does develop, why would anyone want to see a member of the team fail? As for replacing Dak? That is not likely to happen anytime soon. I let the haters hate

I’m pulling for him to be a serviceable backup but realistically that’s as much as you can hope for with him unless he’s one of these very rare gems that come along in the late rounds at QB every few decades. I’ve seen fans bringing up Brady and Romo so it’s obvious they have bigger expectations than backup for DiNucci. If the Cowboys had a QB that the majority of the fans were happy with there would be only a few posts on DiNucci. No way would you see threads dedicated to him that are 10 plus pages. This is one of at least three or four threads that have been started on him. He’s receiving more attention than Cee Dee Lamb. lol

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
will he take the job from Dak? not in a million years ..JJ is too loyal to his players

No doubt he is, especially when he likes you. Randy Gregory and Dez comes to mind. But we all know there's exceptions to the rule. Look what happened to Romo? He loves Romo. Heck Tony named his boy after the family name. They were close and Jerry went along with Dak taking Romo's job. So you never know.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
In my best Mickey Spagnola impersonation,... "If he's so good then why did all the other teams pass on him?" Lol

Seriously. I like what I see. If Bill saw something to take a chance on him then I'm in with this pick. At first I thought it was a head-scratcher pick. Since he has the height, accuracy and throwing motion, why did he fall so far in the draft? Was it because of the lack of competition from playing in a small program??

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I’m pulling for him to be a serviceable backup but realistically that’s as much as you can hope for with him unless he’s one of these very rare gems that come along in the late rounds at QB every few decades. I’ve seen fans bringing up Brady and Romo so it’s obvious they have bigger expectations than backup for DiNucci. If the Cowboys had a QB that the majority of the fans were happy with there would be only a few posts on DiNucci. No way would you see threads dedicated to him that are 10 plus pages. This is one of at least three or four threads that have been started on him. He’s receiving more attention than Cee Dee Lamb. lol

True, I have low expectation for a 7th rd small school QB. I can't rule out he could become better than I expect but starting off I know he will have a lot of work ahead of him. I have always looked at QB not by the strength of their arm or the mobility they have but what is between the ears. I think the thought process of a QB under extreme pressure is the critical part of the game for QB. I have seen HOF QB who did not have the strongest arms but they could make the quick reads and get the ball out to the open man or getting up to the line and making the correct adjustment or changing of the play to attack a defense. We all tend to look so much at physical ability but I think much of the QB play happens between the ears.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Average size, according to the article.

Is that the knock on him? He's 6'3. That's about what Romo was, right? To me this is an average body. Lol
tom-brady-shirtless.jpg