Ben Rogers predicts Witten may return

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Only way it would make sense is if Witten doesn't like broadcasting (or thinks he's going to lose his job) and the Cowboys are interested in making him TEs coach once he retires a second time.

My question is can he do both?

Why does Witten have to leave the booth to join us at the end of the season?

Unless there is something in his contract I don't see any reason he can't join us around week 16 or 17 for the playoffs.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
My question is can he do both?

Why does Witten have to leave the booth to join us at the end of the season?

Unless there is something in his contract I don't see any reason he can't join us around week 16 or 17 for the playoffs.
If we win 2/3 next 3 that’s a huge possibility.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
Isn't this sort of thing unprecedented? Has a player ever retired to the booth and then un-retired to come back and play?
Don't know of a situation exactly as you described but ask Rivers how much he appreciates A. Gates coming back a few weeks ago...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He has good inside sources. He’s never wrong. In the past he knew Romo was going to retire before all of us. He knew Witten was going to retire before all of us. He knew The Cowboys would make a splash trade before it happened. Now he’s saying the Witten return is at 60%. Check his twitter feed they’re also talking about it on the fan.

Romo retiring wasn't, or shouldn't have been, a shock to anyone. Witten coming back would be. I don't see it. The only way I would think it was possible is if the team won the next 3-4 games in a row, including the Saints game, and Witten thought there was a real chance of a deep playoff run. Even then, after 3-4 more games go by it would almost be at the end of the regular season, the team would have been having success with the players they have, and Witten would be a month further removed from his playing days and being in playing shape. Seems like a huge long shot.

Tommy

Reaction score
Pretty sure Witten retired because of Garrett, Linehan, and Dak. He may miss the Cowboys or playing, but he does not miss the offense.
Pretty sure based on what? A dream you had?

GenoT

Reaction score
Jason Witten makes @$4mil+ a year doing NFL color commentary; a career he can easily have for the the next 15-20yrs. Jerry can’t pay him enough to to give that security up, for what...MAYBE 1-2 seasons, tops?

Also, for those thinking he might come back this season, 36yo Witten hasn’t practiced or played football for 11 months, and would likely need at least a month to get into shape, which means he’d effectively miss the rest of the regular season.

If you believe otherwise, please enjoy your fantasy.

the_h0wey

Reaction score

He has good inside sources. He’s never wrong. In the past he knew Romo was going to retire before all of us. He knew Witten was going to retire before all of us. He knew The Cowboys would make a splash trade before it happened. Now he’s saying the Witten return is at 60%. Check his twitter feed they’re also talking about it on the fan.

Pure speculation, but hey it worked you made sure to listen to that next segment. Ben Rogers is never wrong? Right.