Bengals new RB1 Zack Moss on why he chose Cincy over Dallas in free agency

Rayman70

Reaction score
MONEY. A jag rb went to cincy for the cash. Nobody cares about Zach Moss. In 2 years dude might be sellin insurance. Decent rb but not worth losing sleep over. I take issue with not even kicking the tires on free agents at all. Thats just dumb.

Rayman70

Reaction score
\Moss "might" not even be the Bengals RB1 by the time the season starts
THIS...heck, might not be on the team either,depending on camp and what they do in the draft. Hes just good insurance.

Carson

Reaction score
If this was between the cowboys and the Panthers that might be the case, but the talent on offense in Cincinnati certainly factored in with the possibility of success of facing less in the box and even a future deal.
Orrrr

Are you take 2 for $8 million at $4 million per or One year $1.2 million?

This is exactly like Tyron. Dallas offered something low, Jets offered more. He took the $$$$

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I mean who would you choose Burrows or Dak? :muttley:

The real truth on why he ended up in Cinny is he never got an offer from the Cowboys. Anybody that's a FA should know that the Jone Boys would rather trade away their draft picks on questionable players than sign solid FAs......LOL!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ohio has state and city taxes to Texas with zero.
When he gets that 1st paycheck, he may think differently.

And if you work in one city, and live in another city, they both take out taxes, or used to. Then you file a return to get your taxes back from the other city.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Henry was never even called either. We could have had him here for just a bit more than Moss got I think. Chemical degree boy abstained.

Rayman70

Reaction score
our rotational backs might include a heavy dose of Hunter Luepke. Yikes.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
our rotational backs might include a heavy dose of Hunter Luepke. Yikes.
There were times last season where Dowdle looked as good if not better than Pollard. Though Pollard was still finding his way back from his injury.

Not saying we will be fine there, as we ll know we are not. But if they can find a RB in the draft, Dowdle is a good option at #2, like Pollard was with Zeke, before Zeke lost a step and the OL could not block a stacked box.

They really need to hit on a RB.

Rayman70

Reaction score
There were times last season where Dowdle looked as good if not better than Pollard. Though Pollard was still finding his way back from his injury.

Not saying we will be fine there, as we ll know we are not. But if they can find a RB in the draft, Dowdle is a good option at #2, like Pollard was with Zeke, before Zeke lost a step and the OL could not block a stacked box.

They really need to hit on a RB.
yes, we gotta find THAT guy in the draft to help carry the load. If we can find a guy that is capable, it helps the entire team, and we can stay halfway competitive. San Fran and others have shown what a decent reliable run game can do late in the year. That how teams get hot late. Look at GB. They found enough of a running game and it helped them. They leaned on it. We had to lean on Dak and the defense and that spelled the end.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I hear you but maybe that's our issue we're too focused on the ones we've won in the past, we need to focus on where we haven't been recently
100 years from now Cowboy fans will still be talking about those 5 SBs like it means anything anymore. lol

Chasing6

Reaction score
You’re fooling yourself if it’s anything other than

“Bengals offered more $$$$ than the Cowboys”
If it was a 1 year deal, it may not be just about money. He is trying to play for a bigger contract.

So you go to the better team with the most opportunity to perform at a high level.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lets not pretend like the guy is all world. Money talks. Facts are, we want guys to play for free, just for the pride of the star.

rambo2

Reaction score
I am old school, but I would rather go to a place that has a better chance of winning a championship. I think most of us on this board ( not a blind Cowboy homer) agree that the Bengals are in better shape than the Cowboys.
Actually the Bengals don't have a very good chance with the Chiefs in the AFC.

Carson

Reaction score
If it was a 1 year deal, it may not be just about money. He is trying to play for a bigger contract.

So you go to the better team with the most opportunity to perform at a high level.
Bengals offer 2 for 8. Dallas likely offered 1 for 2-3

Chasing6

Reaction score
"Cincy offered me more money"

The rest is just media talk.

PS: People who add an "s" to the end of Joe Burrow's name... SMH.
That is not what he said, he basically listed a team that compliments each other, which GM Jethro has not seem to comprehend.

I had hope after his holistic approach comment came out, but this free agency does not have a definition.