Bengals releasing Andy Dalton

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys aren’t signing a backup QB for $5mil guaranteed + incentives.

Been huffing model airplane glue lately?
;):rolleyes:
lloyd-bridges-on-glue.jpg

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Get on the phone Jerrah. Cheap option as an interim starter or solid backup.
Never happen.

Dak is the long term answer and Dalton would never come here to play late in the last 3 minutes of games.

Think about it.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Both are game managers who don't elevate the performance of their teammates. Nobody would pay twice the price for a Toyota Camry over a Honda Accord for half the price.
And what’s your car comparison for what’s behind Dak on the depth chart as it stands ?

InTheZone

Reaction score
as much as I disliked Winston he should've been brought in to compete. Same with Dalton. Absolutely no reason to overpay the QB position, just need a guy who doesn't absolutely suck and we're golden. Dak is a guy who doesn't absolutely suck, but at 30m+ it's not worth it.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
In a QB starved league, Dalton is not going to sign with any team as a backup. I think he’s average, but he’ll start somewhere.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If NE or LAC show any kind of interest he would be crazy not to go to one of those over Dallas, no?

Why go where he has no chance to play for backup money instead of where he can win a starter job?

J-man

Reaction score
Both are game managers who don't elevate the performance of their teammates. Nobody would pay twice the price for a Toyota Camry over a Honda Accord for half the price.

IDK, the Camry is a much better car than the Accord

McKDaddy

Reaction score
In a QB starved league, Dalton is not going to sign with any team as a backup. I think he’s average, but he’ll start somewhere.
His options are limited. How many teams have a starting position open? But he is fortunate that NE is one of those places & he will probably be signed by them very quickly.

csirl

Reaction score
The Daltons are from Texas? Dallas would be a handy number to see out the final 3-4 years of his career. $5m is cheap nowdays. Average NFL salary is just short of $4m.

J-man

Reaction score
The red rifle will probably go to NE, waiting for his release maybe why Bill Bellacheat and the cheatriots didn't draft one.

I could see him going to a team that is "unsettled" at QB like the Bears, Panthers, Colts, Jags or even the Skins maybe?

Wood

Reaction score
I think it would be smart signing on few levels: 1) Insurance if Dak decides to sit 2) Excellent back-up

Redline360

Reaction score
I actually like dalton and think he's an underrated quarterback(not saying he's GREAT). He has AJ Green however he also played for the Bengals shitshow parade....he could manage getting this team to 8-8 no problem lol

Quarterback competition is needed. He would be a great back up.

I can see the Pat's going after him

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
He will be a New England Patriot before the weekend is over. This makes perfect sense for the Patriots and Dalton.
I thought the same thing. No way Bill wants to jump in the season with stidham and no competition

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I actually like dalton and think he's an underrated quarterback(not saying he's GREAT). He has AJ Green however he also played for the Bengals shitshow parade....he could manage getting this team to 8-8 no problem lol

Quarterback competition is needed. He would be a great back up.

I can see the Pat's going after him
AJ Green is washed can't stay on the field. Always has a nagging injury

DBOY3141

Reaction score
The red rifle will probably go to NE, waiting for his release maybe why Bill Bellacheat and the cheatriots didn't draft one.

I could see him going to a team that is "unsettled" at QB like the Bears, Panthers, Colts, Jags or even the Skins maybe?
Panthers just signed Bridgewater.