Bengals releasing Andy Dalton

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dallas doesn't have a chance in hell of signing Andy. He is still a starting quality QB. Bill Bellichick should sign this veteran to lead their QB room in the preseason. I think he could earn the starting QB position in New England.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nexx

Reaction score
In a QB starved league, Dalton is not going to sign with any team as a backup. I think he’s average, but he’ll start somewhere.

not sure about that when it took this long for someone to pick winston at 1million and you still have newton unsigned. i dont think any team is starting dalton unless there is an injury.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
not sure about that when it took this long for someone to pick winston at 1million and you still have newton unsigned. i dont think any team is starting dalton unless there is an injury.
Winston is a turnover machine and Newton can’t stay on the field. Dalton will start somewhere.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak has enough competition with Ben coming on board. But seriously MM would rather have a younger guy to develop over the next few years.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
No brainer to sign him. I'm not sure what his price would be, but there's no question, it'd be less than the ridiculous cost of Dak. Production would be just as good, and probably better with the supporting cast available. Then there should be a more money available to sign others (either now or in the future). Trade Dak if you can, if not, oh well.

blueblood70

Reaction score
that ship sailed when we put a offer on Rush and singed Dinucci.. I doubt they carry Rush and a vet..whatever that tag they used on rush is is it guaranteed in any way?

InTheZone

Reaction score
Dak has enough competition with Ben coming on board. But seriously MM would rather have a younger guy to develop over the next few years.
I'd still like to believe MM will use 2020 to evaluate Dak and no serious QB1 competition will start until 2021, 2022 at the latest.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd still like to believe MM will use 2020 to evaluate Dak and no serious QB1 competition will start until 2021, 2022 at the latest.

nope. The Jones family will sign Dak long term and they will cave to whatever he demands. I believe Stephen and Jerry when they say that they will sign him. If they were ok with him playing on the tag they would have actually played more hardball and say it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
There is your QB option. You sign him, you don't have to worry about the backup position and you put all the pressure back on Dak and his camp to sign a deal. All team is doing is making it easy for Dak and CAA to sit out. Sign Dalton and the entire ball game changes.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
There is your QB option. You sign him, you don't have to worry about the backup position and you put all the pressure back on Dak and his camp to sign a deal. All team is doing is making it easy for Dak and CAA to sit out. Sign Dalton and the entire ball game changes.
Lol yeh lots of pressure lol