The Yardbirds - For Your Love

The Animals - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

The Doors - Break On Through

Iron Butterfly - In A Gadda Da Vida

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Just some more cool music from the era

Jethro Tull - Locomotive Breath

Joe Cocker/Leon Russell - The Letter (from Mad Dogs and Englishmen)

Guess Who - American Woman

Grand Funk Railroad - We're An American Band

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Iron Butterfly - In A Gadda Da Vida

This song is just a major classic in my life, .. due to my age and the time of my life when we were listening to it.

For me it is more than just another song, it tells a story, it is a journey in and of itself. I know it by heart.

I love to put the headphones on and slip away. It brings back great memories of a great time.

This thread is awesome for me. These songs are on my CD's in my Suburban, in my workshop. I listen to 60's and 70's on Sirius radio.

Thanks!

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I have 60s and 70s on Sirius radio going almost all day!

When we travel, my wife and I put it on "60's", and sing along. Makes the trip fun and go by fast.

We met in 1971 when she was 16 and I was 17. These songs never get old for us.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
When we travel, my wife and I put it on "60's", and sing along. Makes the trip fun and go by fast.

We met in 1971 when she was 16 and I was 17. These songs never get old for us.

The two of you sound a lot like my husband and me, separated by just a couple of years. We met in 1973...I was 17 and he was almost 18.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
The two of you sound a lot like my husband and me, separated by just a couple of years. We met in 1973...I was 17 and he was almost 18.

You are right, it does sound a lot like us. Congratulations on a great life together. Nothing better than a lifelong partner. I know it is the way that God intended it to be.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

I love that Townes song, one of the saddest songs ever written. He just had a way with writing about the darker side of life, unfortunately he lived too much of that darker side himself.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Thank Goodness for music from the 60 and 70s when artist actually sang instead of the stuff out the last 20 years where artist talk to beat with music behind it.

Favorite Songs were Desperado, Hey Jude, anything by Olivia Newton John or Abba. First Last and Everything by Barry White, Joy to the World by Three Dog Night, Bad Leroy Brown and anything by Jim Croce.

It is probably easier to remember what I hated. Anything by Minnie Ripperton or Gordon Lightfoot's Sundown which to this day may be my least favorite song of all time.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
So I'm not the only one? ... thank goodness.
Oh, definitely not! My almost 25-year old sons (twins) always tease me about my "old" music."...at least artists from my generation actually had talent, and didn't rely on auto-tune and lip-syncing!! There's not a whole lot of music from today that's worth listening to (in my opinion)...few exceptions to that, but not many.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I doubt there are any Rapper "artist" that could actually win a singing competition where they actually had to sing.