Best 60's and 70's songs

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
My 36 yr old son loves all of "your old" music. He has been hearing it since he was little from his Mom and Dad.
Let me guess: you were also more successful in making a Cowboys fan of your son, right??

*jealous*

:cool:

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Let me guess: you were also more successful in making a Cowboys fan of your son, right??

*jealous*

:cool:

Yes, but not because of much that I did. I wanted both of my boys to be Cowboy fans. I may have been losing them a little in the late 80's - early 90's, ... and then came three Super Bowls.

They have been Cowboy fans ever since.

Although my oldest has a 3 yr old son now, who keeps him very busy, and with the three 8-8 seasons, ... he does not follow them nearly as close as he once did. He doesn't follow the NFL nearly as much as he used to.

But I understand that, with an active 3 yr old keeping you jumping.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
I was born in the late 60's so some of my favorite late 70's stuff is Kiss (at their peak), AC/DC (with Bon Scott) and Van Halen (with Diamond Dave). I actually used to have a button with a skull & crossbones that said "Death to Disco". ;)

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I was born in the late 60's so some of my favorite late 70's stuff is Kiss (at their peak), AC/DC (with Bon Scott) and Van Halen (with Diamond Dave). I actually used to have a button with a skull & crossbones that said "Death to Disco". ;)

Good man Gil. I was 21 in 1975, when I first heard KISS. I loved KISS, I was a huge fan. Saw them in concert three times.

I knew all about each 'character'.

One time, we saw them at a hotel after the show, .. without makeup, .. which was prior to them going public without the makeup.

Shook hands with Paul Stanley.

It was a pretty huge deal to a 21 yr old KISS fan like me.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
Good man Gil. I was 21 in 1975, when I first heard KISS. I loved KISS, I was a huge fan. Saw them in concert three times.

I knew all about each 'character'.

One time, we saw them at a hotel after the show, .. without makeup, .. which was prior to them going public without the makeup.

Shook hands with Paul Stanley.

It was a pretty huge deal to a 21 yr old KISS fan like me.
Sweet! My mom barely tolerated me listening to Kiss, no way she would've let me go see them in concert as a 9 or 10 year old.:(
My first Kiss albums were Destroyer, Kiss Alive II and Love Gun.

Lodeus

Reaction score
Oh, definitely not! My almost 25-year old sons (twins) always tease me about my "old" music."...at least artists from my generation actually had talent, and didn't rely on auto-tune and lip-syncing!! There's not a whole lot of music from today that's worth listening to (in my opinion)...few exceptions to that, but not many.

I think rock music is at a pretty bad spot right now. There seems to be really no great radio rock bands since grunge was big in the 90's. Everyone wants to add electronic elements in their music it seems.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score

This really is not that great of a song, but through the first three years we dated, my wife and I didn't get to be together as much as most kids our age would.

The first year was my Sr. year and her Jr. year in HS. But we went to different high schools so mostly we only saw each other on weekends.
The next year was my first year away at school and her Sr. year. It was 2 hours away so I only say her when I came home on weekends.
Our third year I was still in school and she was at WVU, which is another hour away.
After graduation, I moved to North Carolina for a few months.

So sometimes we would laugh and say this song was about us. LOL

So we dated one more year and then got married, That was almost 39 years ago.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
This really is not that great of a song, but through the first three years we dated, my wife and I didn't get to be together as much as most kids our age would.

The first year was my Sr. year and her Jr. year in HS. But we went to different high schools so mostly we only saw each other on weekends.
The next year was my first year away at school and her Sr. year. It was 2 hours away so I only say her when I came home on weekends.
Our third year I was still in school and she was at WVU, which is another hour away.
After graduation, I moved to North Carolina for a few months.

So sometimes we would laugh and say this song was about us. LOL

So we dated one more year and then got married, That was almost 39 years ago.
Congrats on a long and happy marriage! I've told you before, my hubby and I are right behind y'all...we'll be married 37 years next month.

I always loved that song. I was a junior in H.S. when it came out. I'm thinking it was right around the time the Cowboys won their first Super Bowl. Funny how songs can put you right back in a certain time.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Lou Reed - Walk On The Wild Side

Traffic - Low Spark of High Heeled Boys

David Bowie - Suffragette City

Santana - Black Magic Woman

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Garfield - Private Affair

Anyone around San Antonio back in the 70's is going to remember this song. This song always takes me back to my teen years and listening to Joe Anthony on 99.5 KISS. Joe Anthony was the King, he would always find great music from new bands or unearth these great songs. Before the age of the internet, this song was almost impossible to find. Still a great tune, brings back so many memories....