Best Available Day 2

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I would love to get Adderley he is my #1 ranked S, but would not be made with CGJ either. I think it would cost a trade up for either, but I wonder if we can make a small costing us a 4th to go get out guy.

I think the Seahawks at 37 is a sweet spot for FS to fill that Earl Thomas spot, but there are some CB's they might like as well.

There's plenty of talent still available, and it might not fit a spot most may like but I am comfortable there will be plenty of talent at 58 or within striking distance of a small trade up if need be.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I think I'm convincing myself that we need to trade up for Rapp. Yup, just did.

Haven't dug too much into his poor 40 time besides one article that mentioned he was recovering from a hip injury. But he still tested REALLY well in the three cone and short shuttle, so not sure if I buy that.

But I came across a Rapp interview where he addresses the poor 40 time and he sold me. I believe him.

"I was more surprised, confused than anything, because I don’t think I’ve run a 4.7 since I was in high school,” he said.

“I’m never one to make an excuse, but I’ll just say turn on the tape and the tape speaks for itself. I play fast, I’m never out of position.”

Rapp said that during the training he has done in the past three months at the EXOS Athletes’ Performance Institute in Phoenix – including preparation for the NFL Scouting Combine – he was “tracking 4.5, slowest 4.6, even on a laser time, not even hand time like at the pro day.”

“Anybody can go talk to the trainers out there, and they’ll tell you the same thing,” Rapp said. And then even after the combine, pre-pro day, I was tracking 4.5, the slowest was low 4.6s. I don’t know. It is what it is, I ran what I ran. There’s nothing I can do about it now.

“I’m never one to make an excuse, but I’ll just say turn on the tape and the tape speaks for itself. I play fast, I’m never out of position. I’m always making tackles, never missing a tackle, never getting beat, never out of position. So I would just say look at the tape … I think that’s all that matters.”

From what I see on tape I believe him. Let's be thankful the 4.7 made him drop out of the first round and make our move.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If it is Hill I see it being another Frederick situation. B b but we didn’t know he’d be that GoOd.......iT wAs StILl a ReAcH. :rolleyes:

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Safety:
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
tenor.gif

Nasir Adderley
Taylor Rapp
Juan Thornhill

DE:
Jachai Polite
Jaylon Ferguson
Chase Winovich
Zach Allen

DT:
Dre'Mont Jones
Trysten Hill (please not at 58)

WR:
DK Metcalf
AJ Brown
Deebo Samuel

CB:
Byron Murphy
Greedy Williams
Rock Ya-Sin
Joejuan Williams
Sean Bunting

OT:
Jawaan Taylor
Cody Ford
Dalton Risner

IOL:
Eric McCoy

TE:
Irv Smith Jr.

QB:
Drew Lock

Two safeties went off the board in the 1st (Savage & Abram). And there's still 25 more bullets to dodge. But there's a decent chance that there will be a guy we really like at 58.

Who are your top 3 guys for #58 still available?
Well done.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't think any of those Safety's are going to be there at 58. Then you have to consider any team trading up in front of Dallas because the entire world knows they are looking for a Safety. So in order to get one the Cowboys will probably have to trade up. If they don't, I'm thinking TE. If they do, I hope they don't give up a 3rd.

Sydla

Reaction score
They may have to jump Philly if there is still a safety they like in the 50s.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I don't think any of those Safety's are going to be there at 58. Then you have to consider any team trading up in front of Dallas because the entire world knows they are looking for a Safety. So in order to get one the Cowboys will probably have to trade up. If they don't, I'm thinking TE. If they do, I hope they don't give up a 3rd.

- S -
Nasir Adderley, Delaware
Taylor Rapp, Washington
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Florida
Juan Thornhill, Virginia
Amani Hooker, Iowa
Mike Edwards, Kentucky
Will Harris, Boston College
Deionte Thompson, Alabama

- CB -
Byron Murphy, Washington
Greedy Williams, LSU
Rock Ya-Sin, Temple
Joejuan Williams, Vanderbilt
Justin Layne, Michigan St.
Julian Love, Notre Dame
Lonnie Johnson Jr., Kentucky

Carson

Reaction score
If it is Hill I see it being another Frederick situation. B b but we didn’t know he’d be that GoOd.......iT wAs StILl a ReAcH. :rolleyes:

I don’t think people questioned Fredericks motor and motor. Hill seems to run hot and cold and ran sour on the coaching staff last season.

I’m happy with him at 90. Just not 58

cnuball21

Reaction score
Why do people keep hating on Hill? His measurables are better than Christian Wilkins. His first step is terrific, motor is non-stop and it's a position of need for Dallas, don't be surprised if he is gone by #58 and ends up in Philly who had him in for a visit.

Because he has character issues...why is no one talking about this?