Best Chance To Beat San Francisco

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We need to worry about Philly first. If you want my opinion about San Francisco, I think they’re too physical for the Cowboys. Can’t see us beating them in San Francisco. At AT&T I think we would have a slim at best chance.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
We need to worry about Philly first. If you want my opinion about San Francisco, I think they’re too physical for the Cowboys. Can’t see us beating them in San Francisco. At AT&T I think we would have a slim at best chance.
philly runs well too when they commit to it

Kwyn

Reaction score
we have to contain the run. id line d law up on Trent Williams side. their best runs come on his side. Lawrence is our best run stopper. it'll help if we had a lber who reads plays well.
Trent Williams is really good. No offense to any other LTs but his pass pro is great but even better is how he clears it out for McCaffery on the left side.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
Keep their offense off the field, that’s the only way because they are kryptonite to our defense.

hitachi14

Reaction score
Their defense showed a lot of vulnerability in the 3 game losing streak. Even against TB Baker Mayfield had no issue going up and down the field, the niners didn’t show much resilience until the red zone.

So to me the key is on offense. Sustain drives and end them in touchdowns. Give the D a chance to rest. If we play them again, and our first 2 drives result in 10-14 points I think we have a great chance. Look at last year, we played them tough from the get go and it was ultimately our own mistakes that doomed us, particularly the late 1st half int.

Verdict

Reaction score
Best chance of beating SF is for them to play Detroit or the Eagles again.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
IMO the underneath passing game is the killer. Quick easy throws for Purdy then let the WR’s get some YAC. Have the CB’s play up in the face of the WR’s and take inside leverage to avoid the easy slants and drags, LBs have to be disciplined in their drops then rally to the ball.
I don’t know why more teams don’t run a SF style O.

On O run the ball. Philly abandoned the run and that’s where SF is vulnerable, And run between the tackles, their LB’s are so good sideline to sideline you aren’t getting the edge,
They are easily the best team in football.

Brooksey

Reaction score
we have to contain the run. id line d law up on Trent Williams side. their best runs come on his side. Lawrence is our best run stopper. it'll help if we had a lber who reads plays well.
Correct! To beat SF we have to play them like we did in the playoffs last year and beat them in the trenches. McCaffery didn't have a first down until 8minutes left in Q4

Last years O and D line performance, with current Dak Prescott, we can take them out.

Brooksey

Reaction score
To beat either team you have to win the battle in the trenches and that’s been a problem for the Cowboys in big games. I can’t see the Cowboys beating San Francisco in the trenches.
You saw it in the playoffs last year. McCaffery had nothing until 8 minutes left in the game and Purdy was running for his life all day.

Turnovers killed us last year. If we can play like last year, beat them in the trenches and we get current Dak Prescott, we'll spank the 49ers

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
The key to beat the 49ers is to let Dak loose as he is playing now. This team offensively is not the same as when we played them. Look what Cousins did to them by throwing downfield. They worked Ward all night. The short passing will not do it with the LB’s they have.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
No, to beat SF you limit big plays through the air and be good in the red zone.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Can we start our next playoff game vs SF where we left just before Pollard broke his leg?