Best Chance To Beat San Francisco

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
we can’t handle the 49ers. It appears that we need the Vikings to handle them since they’re the only NFC team that can beat them.

75boyz

Reaction score
Just in general to me:
IF the 49ers are fully healthy it will be an extreme challenge to beat them.
On any given Sunday and all that but it would require an all time, never before achieved MVP performance by the QB and HC in order to pull off that rare "we may not have been better, BUT we were better THAT day type of scenario.

Only sharing my honest opinion.

Jarntt

Reaction score
No, to beat SF you limit big plays through the air and be good in the red zone.
I disagree. It all starts with their run game and short passes where they excel at YAC. You shut down the run game and short passing game (easier said than done on both) and you likely control the game. But to do that we probably need their LBs, not ours...

blueblood70

Reaction score
we have to contain the run. id line d law up on Trent Williams side. their best runs come on his side. Lawrence is our best run stopper. it'll help if we had a lber who reads plays well.
Why aren't you getting ahead of yourself I mean when are we playing San Francisco?? I think maybe we need to figure out how to take care of business this weekend against the Eagles find a way in this rough gauntlet of road games against good teams coming up how are we gonna get through this you're way too far ahead my man way too far... Best way to beat the 49ers in hopes that Brock Purdy and debo Samuel somehow gets banged up the week they're supposed to play us you know they sit out the game much like the Eagles beat them last year.... Or at least take away Trent Williams and McCaffrey because Brock Purdy is not a quarterback who seems to overcome him lacking even one or two missing superstars but again we're way ahead let's stop and talk about the Eagles that's the next game up that's the most important game

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
In the last 2 games vs the Niners, they kept McCaffrey in check and still lost.

The biggest issue is the offense was total garbage.

Reaction score
We need to worry about Philly first. If you want my opinion about San Francisco, I think they’re too physical for the Cowboys. Can’t see us beating them in San Francisco. At AT&T I think we would have a slim at best chance.
San Fran would have the advantage playing at home, but I think the next meeting will be far more competitive. Dak has now settled into the new offense and both Pollard, Steele, and Tyron Smith are getting healthier and better. We need help at LB though to stop their running game and we can't have Bland giving up 100+ yards to Dabo or whomever lines up across from him.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I think the one silver lining is that everybody in the media will be chatting about how SF owns Dallas (which isn't a lie) and how they'll get rolled again. Maybe......just maybe......that will light a fire under this team. The F Dallas shirts make for good bulletin board material. I'd print that out and hang it on everybody's lockers. Stop being their doormat and show SF you can also punch back.

If Cleveland, Minn, and Cincy can do it......Dallas can do it.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The only real realistic way to beat SanFran is to RUN the ball. If you fall into their trap of turning you into a 1 dimension team...you've already lost.

Unfortunately.....that's not our strength

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
San Fran would have the advantage playing at home, but I think the next meeting will be far more competitive. Dak has now settled into the new offense and both Pollard, Steele, and Tyron Smith are getting healthier and better. We need help at LB though to stop their running game and we can't have Bland giving up 100+ yards to Dabo or whomever lines up across from him.
If we play them again, it will no doubt be a closer more competitive game. Our offense is much better than it was when we played them earlier in the season. However, their physicality is what concerns me. Our defense had no answers for them. We struggled defensively on Thursday night. I have a tough time envisioning our defense being able to handle them. We don’t need to worry about them now, we just need to get past these next few games.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
To beat either team you have to win the battle in the trenches and that’s been a problem for the Cowboys in big games. I can’t see the Cowboys beating San Francisco in the trenches.
I think beating SF in the trenches has been a problem for literally everyone this year. That's not a Cowboys only phenomenon.

Oddly SF didn't necessarily run all over Dallas on a per carry basis last time, only 4.1 ypc which is respectable but not necessarily enough to single handedly dominate a game.

The Dallas offense simply no showed which probably spotted SF 10-15 pts when considering field position and turnovers. SF is going to hang 28+ on pretty much anyone when they are at the peak of their power. The only way to beat SF in the playoffs will be in a shootout IMO.

SF will certainly be a significant favorite if Dallas and them rematch in the playoffs, but if the new look Cowboys offense shows up Dallas is going to have a punchers chance. If the Cowboys can manage to manufacture a few turnovers too, all bets are off.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
we have to contain the run. id line d law up on Trent Williams side. their best runs come on his side. Lawrence is our best run stopper. it'll help if we had a lber who reads plays well.
You can stop the run and they can still drop 40 on us, they are awful good and their QB makes excellent decisions.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dallas best chance would be to win the division and Philly goes to the 49ers and with a lot of luck knocks them off and than has to go to Dallas. That's the best scenario we could hope for.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You saw it in the playoffs last year. McCaffery had nothing until 8 minutes left in the game and Purdy was running for his life all day.

Turnovers killed us last year. If we can play like last year, beat them in the trenches and we get current Dak Prescott, we'll spank the 49ers
The 49ers have a better team than they had last year at least when they’re fully healthy. You can’t look back to what happened last year. This year they absolutely destroyed us and Philly. What I saw from them last night no team in the league will beat them. However, we still have five games left. If they lose some key players, they won’t be the same team. We saw that during their 3 game streak. They’re a better team than the Cowboys until proven otherwise. To beat them we have to be better in the trenches or they’ll mow us down again.

Mark

Reaction score
When is DAL playing SF?

Just hoping we can take care of business with PHI this week.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think beating SF in the trenches has been a problem for literally everyone this year. That's not a Cowboys only phenomenon.
Beating them in the trenches has been a problem for most this year, but it’s been an ongoing problem for the Cowboys the past two years. Most of the teams that beat them such as Minnesota got the better of them in the trenches. Cleveland also held up real well against them. However, injuries hurt San Francisco in those games. Deebo was having injury issues during those games.