Best Chance To Beat San Francisco

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
We need to worry about Philly first. If you want my opinion about San Francisco, I think they’re too physical for the Cowboys. Can’t see us beating them in San Francisco. At AT&T I think we would have a slim at best chance.
Sad but true

plasticman

Reaction score
A couple of their offensive weapons have a history of being somewhat fragile. Samuels was injured a few times. McCafferty had a big one, although, he seems to be more reliable recently.

The odds of succeeding increase dramatically with the absence of one of the following four offensive players: Deebo Samuels, Christian McCafferty, George Kittle and Brandon Aiyuk.

The offensive players for the 49ers are very versatile but the team isn't very versatile in that they depend on large production from a few players.

The 49ers and Jags are the only two teams with three players with 50 or more receptions. On the other hand, the 49ers have only four players with 20 or more receptions. No other team has less.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Best chance to beat SF is to get the head of security to pick a fight with
Deebo Samuel and get him ejected from the game.

Brooksey

Reaction score
San Francisco suffered a huge letdown against Cleveland coming off the big win over the Cowboys. They were flat and Cleveland has the number one defense in the league. They got the better of San Francisco in the trenches. The 49ers are beatable, I just don’t think the Cowboys can beat them especially on the road. As for the Cowboys loss against AZ, there was no excuse for it. We didn’t have everyone out. We were a two TD favorite and ended up losing by two TDs. We never even held the lead in the game and they were playing with a backup QB. It’s not like they were fully healthy. They only won one game with Joshua Dobbs and it was against the Cowboys.
Zack Martin, Tyron smith and Tyler Biadasz were all out against AZ but let's not mention it. Trent Williams is out for SF and it's a major excuse, got it

hitachi14

Reaction score
Their weakness is they need basically their entire team to be healthy, in a sport where players get hurt every week.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Purdy is certainly no better than Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or ANY OTHER of the greats to play QB. Apply STEADY PRESSURE to any QB - and they will make bad decisions. I think I heard that the Cowboys have the highest rate of QB pressures in NFL this season. That is their best hope in a rematch. Dan Quinn & Co have to come up with a great scheme.
Yep, for all the times ive mentioned Jimmie Wards quote/boast about the 9ers having a plan to stop our run and making Dak beat them.....IN REALITY, as you say, this starts with the 9ers ability to take a lead and then strangle us with their running game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Zack Martin, Tyron smith and Tyler Biadasz were all out against AZ but let's not mention it. Trent Williams is out for SF and it's a major excuse, got it
Tyler Smith was out during our first two games but he was back for Arizona. The Cardinals also had injuries and were playing with a backup QB. We had no major injuries on defense and got destroyed on the ground for over 220 yards. It was our defense that cost us that game. Dobbs a backup QB only missed on four passes. He finished with a passer rating of 120.0. AZ was 1-7 with him. Even the lowly Giants beat them.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Tyler Smith was out during our first two games but he was back for Arizona. The Cardinals also had injuries and were playing with a backup QB. We had no major injuries on defense and got destroyed on the ground for over 220 yards. It was our defense that cost us that game. Dobbs a backup QB only missed on four passes. He finished with a passer rating of 120.0. AZ was 1-7 with him. Even the lowly Giants beat them.
Tyron Smith, Zach Martin (two all-pros, two hall of famers and two team captains) were out for the AZ game plus our starting Pro Bowl center Tyler Biadasz.

I know that doesn't count to you, only Trent Williams being out for SF counts... I get it but most of the 49ers fans hang out at https://www.ninersnation.com/

BTW Our defense was on the field all day against AZ.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Tyron Smith, Zach Martin (two all-pros, two hall of famers and two team captains) were out for the AZ game plus our starting Pro Bowl center Tyler Biadasz.

I know that doesn't count to you, only Trent Williams being out for SF counts... I get it but most of the 49ers fans hang out at https://www.ninersnation.com/

BTW Our defense was on the field all day against AZ.
When we got blasted by Denver in 2021 they had three starters out on their OL. Even with missing starters on our OL we should have dominated AZ. Our defense was on the field all day against them because we couldn’t stop them. When you give up over 220 yards rushing and you don’t get any turnovers you’re going be on the field all day.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Best chance to beat SF is to get the head of security to pick a fight with
Deebo Samuel and get him ejected from the game.
They’ll be the new NFL strategy. The modern version of the hockey goon. Makes perfect sense if they (NFL) lets it go

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Instead of sending the house at purdy.....has any team had success rushing 4 and dropping everyone into coverage all the while playing the run with gap discipline? Seems like that's what the browns, Bengals, and Vikes did....IIRC

Blackrain

Reaction score
You start working on beating San Francisco in the off season in the draft free agency before the trade deadline.

In other words you add talent where you need it pretty much like they do and the eagles do.

Now at the end of the line after you've sat on your hands and watched everybody else had talent.

You can hope somebody else beats them or you can hope you get lucky and beat them.
But however you slice it hope is your strategy right now

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Dallas can’t beat the Niners. Exact words of jerry back in October and he did nothing to help that fact. So. I don’t see how they win now