Best Chance To Beat San Francisco

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas can’t beat the Niners. Exact words of jerry back in October and he did nothing to help that fact. So. I don’t see how they win now
Present your quote or I don't believe a word you say...

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
In both our playoff matchups I think we did a pretty good job vs the run. Last year especially they only scored 19 points... and barely had 100 yards between 5 players overall.

Problem was the offense.

T-RO

Reaction score
we have to contain the run.
I've posted about this a dozen times but few actually think about the facts related to our two chief rivals.

Here are the Yards-Per-Rush numbers the last five games vs. Philly/SF.

PHI...3.5
PHI...3.0
SF*...3.5

SF...4.1
PH...3.3

*playoffs

Our run defense has been either solid or outstanding every single time we play these cats. Yet I've repeatedly seen threads about "getting bigger", "getting tougher", "focusing on the run".

We need better thinking here folks.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The Cowboys will end up a 5 seed, beat a mediocre NFC South team in the wild card round, then reality sets in and they lose in the divisional round again.

We have seen this movie before.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At a minimum we’re gonna need to be able to run on them and limit turnovers and penalties. Oh yea, no dumb calls by the HC.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I honestly think that this team will beat the 49ers in the playoffs. The 49ers don't want to see dallas. Dallas was much more physical in the play offs last year, only thing that messed them up was the 9ers gator rolling Pollard and making ceedee their only other option. Dallas is built to beat them if the offense and Dak continue on this path.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The only real realistic way to beat SanFran is to RUN the ball. If you fall into their trap of turning you into a 1 dimension team...you've already lost.

Unfortunately.....that's not our strength
Running the ball properly is what needs to happen. I still don’t understand why they are trying to make pollard a run between the tackles type. He isn’t. Run him off tackle, stretch, counters etc.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Our best chance to beat SF is to meet them in the NFCC in Jerryworld. So we have to win our division first.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Tyler Smith was out during our first two games but he was back for Arizona. The Cardinals also had injuries and were playing with a backup QB. We had no major injuries on defense and got destroyed on the ground for over 220 yards. It was our defense that cost us that game. Dobbs a backup QB only missed on four passes. He finished with a passer rating of 120.0. AZ was 1-7 with him. Even the lowly Giants beat them.
It was a team effort the defense did nothing and so did the offense that was comatose through large parts of the game finally ending it with that nice juicy INT

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dallas can’t beat the Niners. Exact words of jerry back in October and he did nothing to help that fact. So. I don’t see how they win now
You need to either out physical them in the trenches or you need to execute way better. This Dallas team that still commits bone headed penalties in crucial parts of the game isn’t going to do that.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Cowboys will end up a 5 seed, beat a mediocre NFC South team in the wild card round, then reality sets in and they lose in the divisional round again.

We have seen this movie before.
No, this has not happened here and now...quit wasting our time crying non-stop. Period...man up!

CCBoy

Reaction score
I honestly think that this team will beat the 49ers in the playoffs. The 49ers don't want to see dallas. Dallas was much more physical in the play offs last year, only thing that messed them up was the 9ers gator rolling Pollard and making ceedee their only other option. Dallas is built to beat them if the offense and Dak continue on this path.
Hold that thought...this fan will stand next to you and accept what occurs. :starspin: :flagwave:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I've posted about this a dozen times but few actually think about the facts related to our two chief rivals.

Here are the Yards-Per-Rush numbers the last five games vs. Philly/SF.

PHI...3.5
PHI...3.0
SF*...3.5

SF...4.1
PH...3.3

*playoffs

Our run defense has been either solid or outstanding every single time we play these cats. Yet I've repeatedly seen threads about "getting bigger", "getting tougher", "focusing on the run".

We need better thinking here folks.
I missed your little conversation string here but I is that our defensive yards per carry against?? Even so that's solid for sure but I do remember in the 2022 playoff game they literally gave up almost 10 yards per carry in the first half the debo Samuels and I remember in the Rams game they gave up 276 yards and 2018 and I also remember lately they're just not known for stopping the run but here's the bigger problem

turning it to offense we're not physical enough along the offensive line and we're also not running the ball well we're becoming one-dimensional...

But yes in spots the defense has stepped up and stopped the run over 17 games they've been decent but they've had games like they did against the Cardinals or mobile quarterbacks they just absolutely get just beat down on the field so that's what people remember....

Beaker42

Reaction score
Their charter crashes coming back from their next road game???

T-RO

Reaction score
If I was unclear: These are our defensive numbers when playing these two top offenses...what we permit to their offenses:

PHI...3.5
PHI...3.0
SF*...3.5

SF...4.1
PH...3.3

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
No reason to believe the 49ers are afraid of either the Eagles or the Cowboys. Their quarterback now has more than twice the experience starting games than he did going into last year’s playoffs. They stumbled upon Purdy, somehow, and he is efficient running the Niners offense. And he’s better at avoiding getting hit than when he first started playing last year.