Best Chance To Beat San Francisco

btgboys41

Reaction score
If they play SF, they means they are playing really well. The key to me then as others have stated in different ways, is to match or surpass their intensity from the beginning. Physicality and an aggressive mentality are what I would be looking for. Especially from the D.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is what's crazy I heard that since Brock purdy's been the quarterback when they've had their entire healthy offense on the field at the same time they're 16-0

so like I said earlier in this thread the only way to beat them they start missing a few of their good players like debo McCaffrey or Purdy seems to be the three dudes that just make that thing go along with their offensive line so maybe Trent Williams any combination of missing two of those they're not the same team we've seen them lose three in a row....

But they're as close to unstoppable as you can get when they're fully healthy and that's not even adding in the great defense and the play calling but literally when the offense is that healthy they nearly can score at will..

Brooksey

Reaction score
The 49ers have a better team than they had last year at least when they’re fully healthy. You can’t look back to what happened last year. This year they absolutely destroyed us and Philly. What I saw from them last night no team in the league will beat them. However, we still have five games left. If they lose some key players, they won’t be the same team. We saw that during their 3 game streak. They’re a better team than the Cowboys until proven otherwise. To beat them we have to be better in the trenches or they’ll mow us down again.
I just saw them lose 3 in a row, they're not an invincible opponent.
We can match them in the trenches like we did last Jan. Chase Young & Randy Gregory not making any difference.

We need this version of Dak Prescott

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I just saw them lose 3 in a row, they're not an invincible opponent.
We can match them in the trenches like we did last Jan. Chase Young & Randy Gregory not making any difference.

We need this version of Dak Prescott
They had some injuries which contributed to that three game losing streak. They’ve won four in a row since. They’re back to playing like they did when they destroyed us earlier in the season. I don’t see us matching them in the trenches like we did last January, they’re a better team now. We saw that first hand earlier in the season. Philly pounded them at home last year in the playoffs. They ended up getting pounded yesterday. This is a different 49ers team than last year.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Tackle. It makes a big difference. In that game yesterday if Philly could tackle they probably would have been going into overtime to finish it. If you have a defense that can tackle like Seattle it makes what could have been a blowout a close game. If Philly plays us tackling like they did yesterday it will be another blowout for them.

Hadenough

Reaction score
SF is Daks Kryptonite. He will never beat them. He is afraid of the rush and afraid to throw into tighter coverage.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Purdy is certainly no better than Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or ANY OTHER of the greats to play QB. Apply STEADY PRESSURE to any QB - and they will make bad decisions. I think I heard that the Cowboys have the highest rate of QB pressures in NFL this season. That is their best hope in a rematch. Dan Quinn & Co have to come up with a great scheme.

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Purdy is certainly no better than Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or ANY OTHER of the greats to play QB. Apply STEADY PRESSURE to any QB - and they will make bad decisions. I think I heard that the Cowboys have the highest rate of QB pressures in NFL this season. That is their best hope in a rematch. Dan Quinn & Co have to come up with a great scheme.
Problem is Dallas defense was avg until they added Parsons and when he gets neutralized they revert to avg.

Brooksey

Reaction score
They had some injuries which contributed to that three game losing streak. They’ve won four in a row since. They’re back to playing like they did when they destroyed us earlier in the season. I don’t see us matching them in the trenches like we did last January, they’re a better team now. We saw that first hand earlier in the season. Philly pounded them at home last year in the playoffs. They ended up getting pounded yesterday. This is a different 49ers team than last year.
We had some injuries too, like our entire o-line against AZ. SF looks the same to me (very tough), if anyone is different it's Dak Prescott.
Dak is different/better since that SF game. If you think he can't do it against SF, that's another story.

Toro9

Reaction score
Score more points. We all like to think we're experts but tbh we don't know didly

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We had some injuries too, like our entire o-line against AZ. SF looks the same to me (very tough), if anyone is different it's Dak Prescott.
Dak is different/better since that SF game. If you think he can't do it against SF, that's another story.
The reason Dak is different than when we first played San Francisco is the offense is much better. All we did early in the season was dink and dunk. The offense lacked creativity and explosiveness. The offense was new and we were working out the kinks. Now we’re attacking down the field and Cooks who was a no-show early in the season has gotten involved. Where I’m concerned about facing San Francisco is our defense. I just don’t think we’re going to be able to hold up against them in the trenches if we face them again unless they’re suffering through some key injuries. A fully healthy San Francisco team is virtually unbeatable.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
We need to worry about Philly first. If you want my opinion about San Francisco, I think they’re too physical for the Cowboys. Can’t see us beating them in San Francisco. At AT&T I think we would have a slim at best chance.
My hope is that we avoid them until the championship game at earliest… And then, hopefully Philly or Detroit can knock them off ahead of us… Any given Sunday.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
My hope is that we avoid them until the championship game at earliest… And then, hopefully Philly or Detroit can knock them off ahead of us… Any given Sunday.
I think most Cowboys fans are hoping for that.

Seattle49er

Reaction score
And added Gregory and Young

kramskoi

Reaction score
This. Trent Williams and Deebo Samuels are lethal out in space. Those two are the MVP of the San Francisco offense. Yes CMC is a stud but without the aforementioned duo they are just not the same offense and it showed during their 3 game losing streak.

It's definitely a different team. You can only hope to contain them and score with them...meaning it turns into a shoot-out (at your place and not theirs). The problem for Dallas is that they have simply not done enough in the running game the last three times they faced them. That offense will get its yards and points. No way around it. You have to make sure that your own offense is highly productive, which is not easy to do given their level of defense. Right NOW...at the present moment...Dallas can't beat them in Santa Clara, and probably not at home. Why? They don't run the ball nearly enough to stay out of third and long consistently. That means that passing to set up the run could backfire quickly and disastrously.

kramskoi

Reaction score
The Eagles are too bad on the back end. Detroit can't bring any real heat up front...and their o-line was whipped against the Packers. The Eagles have a better d-line and they couldn't really ruffle Purdy much last Sunday. 6 consecutive TD drives is tremendous. The way it's set up at present means that Dallas would probably be playing at Eagles in the divisional round, should they get by the NFC South representative. Unless Detroit got upset at home...and in THAT case they would be going right back to Santa Clara again.

If Philly and SF end up 1/2 respectively (or vice versa) they can only meet in the title game. There is no way that Dallas won't have to play one or BOTH of them (likely) to reach the Superbowl. One way or the other it is VERY likely that Dallas will be at SF or at the Eagles in the divisional round...meaning that you have to go through BOTH of them, ON THE ROAD to reach the ultimate destination. The only way this doesn't happen is if SF is beaten in the wildcard round at home as the #2.

Of course Dallas can win out and possibly get the first round bye for themselves...but chances of that happening are really small at present. Anything can happen over the next five weeks but...that would be hoping for too much.

Last edited:

Brooksey

Reaction score
I just don’t think we’re going to be able to hold up against them in the trenches if we face them again unless they’re suffering through some key injuries. A fully healthy San Francisco team is virtually unbeatable.
They lost to the Browns, Bengals and Vikings consecutively. Against the Browns they had both Deebo, and McCaffery. PJ Walker & Kareem Hunt beat them with No Chubb or Watson.
Vikings beat them without Justin Jefferson, they were missing Trent Williams, we're always missing Tyron Smith, every team has injuries! How did we do against AZ with everyone out?

SF is beatable, Dak has to play good when the coverage is tighter and there's less time to throw.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They lost to the Browns, Bengals and Vikings consecutively. Against the Browns they had both Deebo, and McCaffery. PJ Walker & Kareem Hunt beat them with No Chubb or Watson.
Vikings beat them without Justin Jefferson, they were missing Trent Williams, we're always missing Tyron Smith, every team has injuries! How did we do against AZ with everyone out?

SF is beatable, Dak has to play good when the coverage is tighter and there's less time to throw.
San Francisco suffered a huge letdown against Cleveland coming off the big win over the Cowboys. They were flat and Cleveland has the number one defense in the league. They got the better of San Francisco in the trenches. The 49ers are beatable, I just don’t think the Cowboys can beat them especially on the road. As for the Cowboys loss against AZ, there was no excuse for it. We didn’t have everyone out. We were a two TD favorite and ended up losing by two TDs. We never even held the lead in the game and they were playing with a backup QB. It’s not like they were fully healthy. They only won one game with Joshua Dobbs and it was against the Cowboys.