Best Guitar solo/song

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

One of my personal favorites. Tipton's guitar practically leaps out of his hands and shreds itself.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man so many come to mind.

Ritchie Blackmore with Rainbow, as well Deep purple. Made in Japan, double live album, has some great guitar solos. Smoke on the water and other songs, highway star, space truckin'

Can’t leave out Voodoo Chile by Hendrix and Stevie Ray.

Dave Mason Live has some great work as well.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd from Ledbetter Heights has several songs from it, the title track is great, Deja' Voodoo, Shame Shame Shame.

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Man so many come to mind.

Ritchie Blackmore with Rainbow, as well Deep purple. Made in Japan, double live album, has some great guitar solos. Smoke on the water and other songs, highway star, space truckin'

Can leave out Voodoo Chile by Hendrix and Stevie Ray.

Dave Mason Live has some great work as well.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd from Ledbetter Heights has several songs from it, the title track is great, Deja' Voodoo, Shame Shame Shame.
I saw Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, it was the first concert being taped for the then new MTV. We had great seats on the third row and saw something I had never seen before or since, before the show I looked up and noticed they had speakers hanging from the rafters, pointing straight down..... loudest concert I have ever been to. You can't really hear it in videos, but when he starts smashing his white strat it's still plugged in and the feedback is unreal. You can literally hear the guitar crying out in pain..... it was incredible!

RS12

Reaction score

Genius interpretation of this classic. Singing is ragged recording but the Jimi sound comes through loud and clear.

RS12

Reaction score
I saw Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, it was the first concert being taped for the then new MTV. We had great seats on the third row and saw something I had never seen before or since, before the show I looked up and noticed they had speakers hanging from the rafters, pointing straight down..... loudest concert I have ever been to. You can't really hear it in videos, but when he starts smashing his white strat it's still plugged in and the feedback is unreal. You can literally hear the guitar crying out in pain..... it was incredible!

Stargazer is probably one of the least appreciated and under rated songs of the album rock era.

Hardline

Reaction score

I'm mainly familiar with the Ronnie James Dio era Rainbow but Ritchie Blackmore is one of the all time best.