Best Guitar solo/song

triplets_93

Reaction score
Inside Looking Out. I was gonna post this song to recognize Mark Farner but the song takes a little while to get to the guitar solo. I used to crank the volume up when listening to it in my younger days. I try to be careful with my ears these days. I think I was playing this song at my parents house and the neighbor was mowing his lawn and asked me if I would turn down the music. A 70s gas lawnmower lmao.

When I was a junior in HS in 1972, I had the GFR compilation LP set "Mark, Don & Mel 1969-1971." Back then, in my room, I only had a portable turntable combo with speakers. I cranked it just below the point of distortion, to rock out to "Inside Looking Out" when my parents were out of the house. When I went to concerts back then, I had learned to put wadded up tissue in my ears, to adjust for the loudness of the amplification.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
My favorite cover of an amazing piece by Hendrix. The brilliance in SRV's play is special. If you listen closely to this track from a decent audio source you can hear Stevie's amp buzz in the background.

Of course, Hendrix' version is golden.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
You can pick out just about any Santana song as a great guitar song, but Europa has always been my favorite. He's just one of those rare players that have their own sound and you instantly know who it is.......

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
One of my favorite guitar performances, Freddie King December 23rd 1972..... the band is on fiya and Freddie is smokin'! They opened for Grand Funk Railroad that night, that had to be a tough act to follow.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I don't even know where to start. There have been so many great ones over the years.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Several
Sweet Child of Mine
HOTEL California
LAYLA
Stairway to Heaven
Sultans of Swing
Fall of the Peacemakers
Eruption
Comfortably Numb
Bohemian Rhapsody