Best Leaders in History and a partial why if can

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Ya know? Through all these enjoyable you tube links,you and Sarek are laying out for us,I'm gonna have to come up with some kinda snazzy handle for you two like the " link brothers" or "captains of the tube tribe",,, IDK? THAT last one about Attila the Hun faded me out into a partially dreamstate mind drift into all kinds of weird
'Stuff',man,I was seeing& talking to long dead friends in odd places ,,,:huh:,,,it was strangeo_O
Anyway, I knew that laminate constructed recurve bow technology originated from the mongol hordes/ ATTILA & about roman tribute annually being paid for peace,already.:thumbup:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Warren Buffett

Not only our nation, but the world looks at and follows his economic guidance. He has had great influence on our economic structure.

maxdogg

Reaction score
Ya know? Through all these enjoyable you tube links,you and Sarek are laying out for us,I'm gonna have to come up with some kinda snazzy handle for you two like the " link brothers" or "captains of the tube tribe",,, IDK? THAT last one about Attila the Hun faded me out into a partially dreamstate mind drift into all kinds of weird
'Stuff',man,I was seeing& talking to long dead friends in odd places ,,,:huh:,,,it was strangeo_O
Anyway, I knew that laminate constructed recurve bow technology originated from the mongol hordes/ ATTILA & about roman tribute annually being paid for peace,already.:thumbup:
I am gonna post another right now. I know they are long but they are worth watching my brother.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I was strolling the net and found this post, after i read it i felt in such agreement with these words i had to copy and paste it here.

" Richard Becker
Answered Sep 9 2017

Augustus Caesar was by far the greater leader than Alexander. Alexander excelled in battle, but it is just as important to rule an empire after its initial conquest. Admittedly Alexander died young, before he had the chance to rule his conquest, but there is little to show he thought out how his lands were to be administered. Augustus, on the other hand, excelled in the administration of his rule, and ruled long enough,41 years, to establish norms and procedures that his imperial successors were able to use for centuries in ruling the Roman Empire. Every one of Rome’s best emperors, Claudius,Vespasian,Titus, Nerva, Trajan, Hadrian, Antoninus Pius, and Marcus Aurelius, was inspired by the example set by Augustus to rule the Empire with justice and moderation, making the Roman Empire one of history’s most influential and important regimes, whose influence on the world is still felt to this day, even in something as common as the calendar. After all, we have a month named for Augustus(and Julius Caesar, too) and none for the Macedonian, so who is better remembered?"

First time i ever visited the site where i found this post. I don't think i would change one word this person typed.

aria

Reaction score
Off the top of my head that I haven’t seen mentioned yet, I’ll go with Sitting Bull. And yes, I’m glad Custer got what was coming to him.

maxdogg

Reaction score
@Sarek as well. If you guys haven’t read it, check out Rebel Yell. A hair dry in places but one of the best books I’ve read and it’s all Stonewall.
Another great book and the best in my opinion on the Gettysburg Campaign is " Stars in their Courses " by Shelby Foote a great piece of narrative history.
He makes you feel like your at the battlefield all 3 days.

maxdogg

Reaction score
I was strolling the net and found this post, after i read it i felt in such agreement with these words i had to copy and paste it here.

" Richard Becker
Answered Sep 9 2017

Augustus Caesar was by far the greater leader than Alexander. Alexander excelled in battle, but it is just as important to rule an empire after its initial conquest. Admittedly Alexander died young, before he had the chance to rule his conquest, but there is little to show he thought out how his lands were to be administered. Augustus, on the other hand, excelled in the administration of his rule, and ruled long enough,41 years, to establish norms and procedures that his imperial successors were able to use for centuries in ruling the Roman Empire. Every one of Rome’s best emperors, Claudius,Vespasian,Titus, Nerva, Trajan, Hadrian, Antoninus Pius, and Marcus Aurelius, was inspired by the example set by Augustus to rule the Empire with justice and moderation, making the Roman Empire one of history’s most influential and important regimes, whose influence on the world is still felt to this day, even in something as common as the calendar. After all, we have a month named for Augustus(and Julius Caesar, too) and none for the Macedonian, so who is better remembered?"

First time i ever visited the site where i found this post. I don't think i would change one word this person typed.
I'm kind of tired my friend but as much as I like Caesar I think Alexander out did him by a lot. But it's up for debate. Caesar lamented the fact that by 30 Alexander had conquered the known world and he had not even started.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I'm kind of tired my friend but as much as I like Caesar I think Alexander out did him by a lot. But it's up for debate. Caesar lamented the fact that by 30 Alexander had conquered the known world and he had not even started.
If i had to live in one of their empire's i would much rather live under the rule of Augustus and the Pax Romana that followed. Alexander was great at winning battles. There is nothing that tells me that Alexander would have ruled his empire anywhere near the level Augustus could run his.

maxdogg

Reaction score
If i had to live in one of their empire's i would much rather live under the rule of Augustus and the Pax Romana that followed. Alexander was great at winning battles. There is nothing that tells me that Alexander would have ruled his empire anywhere near the level Augustus could run his.
No doubt I agree with you there Alexander near the end was total strife and fighting between his best generals. Augustus and Rome had a very real stable empire.
I have read more on Rome than any other history and they are my favorite no doubt.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
The best line in sports commentary ever. When Eric Bristow won a record number of world darts championships
"When Alexander of Macedonia was 33 he cried salt tears as there were no worlds left to conquer... Eric Bristows only 27!"

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"Best leaders in history"?....The Dallas Cowboys CHEERleaders, of course!

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
why do you hate Thatcher?

Without going into details which would be political she's not well liked in Scotland. Or in large areas of Wales or the north of England, particularly Liverpool, for that matter.
Let's just say there were plenty of bottles of champagne popped up here when the milk snatcher died.

diefree666

Reaction score
Without going into details which would be political she's not well liked in Scotland. Or in large areas of Wales or the north of England, particularly Liverpool, for that matter.
Let's just say there were plenty of bottles of champagne popped up here when the milk snatcher died.
yeah sure.