Best Leaders in History and a partial why if can

diefree666

Reaction score
Bingo!! Could have been a king, turned it down and gave up the power. Oh and would have been executed had they not won.
George Washington would be my pick if you just wanted one person. He turned down being king THREE SEPARATE TIMES. And Dictatorship once. What he had to put up with during the war was unbelievable. Just keeping his army in being was a tremendous achievement. Then becoming president and basically building an entire new government in a form never before seen with no precedents to help.

diefree666

Reaction score
He wouldn't of been the only one who was executed had they lost.
The whole Continental Congress and every rebel leader would have been executed if caught. And with the British some of the higher level ones might have been drawn and quartered.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
John Adams was a superb series. Probably the best Hollywood depiction of the Revolution. Now that TV series recently that dealt with Washington's spies was superb but limited in scope.
Ya i watched the first season, i think that show was called Turn or something similar.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Dwight D. Eisenhower was a good leader both as a General in World War II and as a President. I went to his library in Abeline, Kansas and can recommend it. Generals don't always make good presidents. Ulysses S. Grant was an outstanding general, but a terrible president. Ike did both jobs well.
Hey,REVEREND! How was the back pain flare up in that enduring 4 hour car ride to visit that library? You never gave us an overview on the after action report as I recall,,,:(

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I like Ike but his presidency was notorious for corruption using taxpayer money for personal gain. And of of McCarthy was on his watch and out of his control.
Yes, that McCarthyism birthed some pretty far ranging effects & is a road best left untraveled in this thread but speaking of roads, Ike sure laid out the ground work in world class fashion for this nations interstate highways.

maxdogg

Reaction score
I know I posted before about Tamerlane but here is a short clip about just a little of what he did. to find out more you will have to read on him but he was epic.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I know I posted before about Tamerlane but here is a short clip about just a little of what he did. to find out more you will have to read on him but he was epic.

Whoa!
Man,that was a really cool link ,MAXIMUS!
I think ROD STIRLING just streaked naked thru the tomatoe patch towards the end of it,,,o_O

:lmao::thumbup::lmao: