Best Leaders in History and a partial why if can

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Here’s a controversial one ...

Adolf Hitler
Most identify Hitler as a mad man, but he did accomplished some good things as well.

WW1 Veteran
He rebuilt the German economy which lay in ruins after WW1.
Before him a wheel barrel full of money couldn’t buy you a loaf of bread.

Stopped the spread of Communism into the heart of Europe.

Time magazine named him man of the year.

Child Labor,
Youth Protection Law: also later on, children and young mothers got barred from working under specific circumstances.

The first laws against animal cruelty where implemented by the SS.

First to ban smoking from government buildings and first to link smoking to cancer. Also first to research cancer.

The autobahn or what we know as the highway system.

Healthy Food:
German bakeries were required to produce whole-grain bread.
Healthy food was marked with the seal of approval of the NSDAP's Office of Public Health.

Meat vs. Vegetables: "Too much meat can make you sick", suggesting soybeans as subsitutes for meat, etc.

The people’s car the Volkswagen. Nuff Said.....

(Note: I am not German or white)

It's always easy to make the ugly look good with propaganda. (that's what this is) The biggest issue is, that's all it is. The man was a horrible hateful human being.

You could say Hitler also rebuilt the US economy since it happen the same way. The US was in the midst of the Great Depression, and the US (and hence the German) war-machine rebuilt both economies. Both where a product of his hate.

The first laws against animal cruelty? He is directly responsible for starting a holocaust that caused the deaths of somewhere between 50-80 million people. Not to mention all the animals that were slaughtered in the process.

Besides, everything that occurred in German was not all a direct result from his actions. That's like crediting Harry S. Truman for the polio vaccine because he was president when it was created in 1957 at the University of Pittsburgh. Yeah, no.

Hate is death and those who cause death out of hate have no business being idolized.

Last edited:

diefree666

Reaction score
Powerful stuff right there,man!
But while watching it ,I had to jump into the" way back"
Machine and grab a quick overview as to the build up leading up to that fandango,,, the U.S. was prominent in getting Japan up and running into the modernized world since the beginning of that last century, while Japan held virtually zero common place fuel reserves of there own and was dependent upon the U.S. for its petroleum importation, and in typically "cool dude" fashion with the carrot & stick approach we started bashing them over the head with the economic sanctions stick by cutting off our oil exports to them in order to express our displeasure over their recent activities in their regional sphere of influence, which in turn only compounded the problem ,,,,and truth be known,,,That guy standing up at the podium prattling off in all the oratory grandeur displayed, damn sure knew in advance of Japan's intended surprise attack at Pearl Harbor, the mere fact that just the aircraft carriers were mysteriously steamed out just hours/ days prior, along with radar reports of the inbound attacking swarm being out right dismissed.

you are full of crap. To be polite

Tora tora tora is probably the best thing you could watch to educate yourself

We knew Japan would probably attack somewhere. Their history as regards Russia showed that. BUT we did NOT think they were CRAZY enough to take the RISK of trying for Pearl Harbor; which could have gone so badly so many ways. And do to the isolationist idiocy that was very strong in December 1941 we had to be careful about being aggressive.

You do remember that little thing called the Rape of Nanking don't you? THAT is what really started our pushing of Japan to get out of China. Your prattle about regional sphere of influence is just that.

all in all that bs about Roosevelt knowing is just the same BS that some peddle about 9/11. Congratulations on your tin foil hat

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
you are full of crap. To be polite

Tora tora tora is probably the best thing you could watch to educate yourself

We knew Japan would probably attack somewhere. Their history as regards Russia showed that. BUT we did NOT think they were CRAZY enough to take the RISK of trying for Pearl Harbor; which could have gone so badly so many ways. And do to the isolationist idiocy that was very strong in December 1941 we had to be careful about being aggressive.

You do remember that little thing called the Rape of Nanking don't you? THAT is what really started our pushing of Japan to get out of China. Your prattle about regional sphere of influence is just that.

all in all that bs about Roosevelt knowing is just the same BS that some peddle about 9/11. Congratulations on your tin foil hat
I'm pretty sure this is why politics are tabu.

diefree666

Reaction score
I would suggest that you read “Day of Deciept”. Well researched.

I have. ITs full of cherry picked 'facts' and the author had a clear agenda from day one. There is a reason the vast majority of historians call his claims CRAP.

Its because they are.

But since I am bored I will try and educate you.

Roosevelt was not even briefed the last few months of 1941 because the code breakers were worried there would be leaks; a confidential memo was found in a White House trash can that alluded to the code breaking. So the idea that Roosevelt even KNEW much is ludicrous. The last two Japanese Carriers were not operational until just ONE MONTH before Pearl Harbor so that also pisses all over those so called conspiracy theories.

As I state earlier we figured the Japanese would attack; we just did not really know WHERE they would attack FIRST. Philippines, Malaysia, Java were the obvious targets.

Pearl Harbor was a VERY LONG WAY from the nearest Japanese Base at Truk. The Destroyers had to have extra fuel in DRUMS strapped on their main decks and EVEN THEN they were nearly empty when they got back. It needs to be UNDERSTOOD just how much of a risk Yamamoto took with what was basically the cream of the IJN and its entire offensive striking force (Kudo Batai) going that far into waters that we scouted and had submarine patrols in. There were so many ways they could have been spotted along the way but were not. As I said Tora Tora Tora is a very good education for people as to what happened and why.

We were in peacetime mode and frankly fat dumb and happy. General Short so discounted an attack that he had 80% of our fighters and bombers all grouped together on the fields- perfect target for aerial attack- because he was obsessed with sabotage. Kimmel was more worried but also did not believe the Japanese would be that daring and the conflicting directives coming from washington basically made him freeze and do nothing.

The fact that the code breakers were not allowed to share the information with the area commanders (Short and Kimmel) was another huge mistake.

In Washington it was not much better. As I have mentioned the isolationist faction had a huge amount of political pull at that time and FDR had to pander to them.

That is why he emphasized that they needed the Japanese to attack us- the conspiracy nuts jump on that but the reality was FDR was right; any aggressive move by us would have been meat to the isolationists to push for pulling back from Lend Lease and aid to Russia and England.

Numerous well researched books have said this over the years; a few idiotic pieces of crap like Day of Deceit does not change the reality.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Charlemagne was awesome man and I like your picks of Caesar and Octavian.
Who could argue ?
Any argument could be made about anyone, but yes i think it would be unwise to criticize a great leader like Augustus or Abraham Lincoln. Most people aren't worthy of shining the shoes of those men.