Best Leaders in History and a partial why if can

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
You know bro I live close to Gettysburg and have walked the battlefield a lot.
I still wonder if Lee had listened to Longstreet if it would have went the other way.
I think it would have.
#resources, north had too many. If it went the other way WW2 might have turned out very badly regardless of who won. Were buying time in a race against ourselves and so far we are still alive and that's what we want.

maxdogg

Reaction score
#resources, north had too many. If it went the other way WW2 might have turned out very badly regardless of who won. Were buying time in a race against ourselves and so far we are still alive and that's what we want.
True bro but if they had moved their army towards D.C. I might have been game over.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
That's why i am for robot servants, technology, space travel, etc, etc. I want humanity to multiply, but i also know this earth might not be enough and one day we will need to expand just like they did when they traveled across the oceans.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
True bro but if they had moved their army towards D.C. I might have been game over.

The South never would have defeated the North and conquered it. Lee was trying to get the North to sign a peace agreement and leave the South alone if he had won a battle in DC.

maxdogg

Reaction score
I read Livy and I still cant get a grasp on why Hannibal did not take rome.
In the end he was a fool who met his fate at Zama !

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I read Livy and I still cant get a grasp on why Hannibal did not take rome.
In the end he was a fool who met his fate at Zama !
I know after coming over the Alps with Oliphants and to win his first few battles to only sit around and not attack the walls of Rome was a futile move no doubt. What the hell was he thinking before he set out for Italy through Spain and France just to sit around waiting outside the walls of Rome.

He wasn't prepared and didn't have the know how or skills to take that kind of City.

maxdogg

Reaction score
I know after coming over the Alps with Oliphants and to win his first few battles to only sit around and not attack the walls of Rome was a futile move no doubt. What the hell was he thinking before he set out for Italy through Spain and France just to sit around waiting outside the walls of Rome.

He wasn't prepared and didn't have the know how or skills to take that kind of City.
Yeah I cant think of the consol;s name right now I had to many lol
But all he did was follow Hannibal all around Italy and offer battle and then retreat.
You think Hannibal would have got a clue and taken Rome proper
Buy the time he had that thought Scipio was on his turf!!.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Yeah I cant think of the consol;s name right now I had to many lol
But all he did was follow Hannibal all around Italy and offer battle and then retreat.
You think Hannibal would have got a clue and taken Rome proper
Buy the time he had that thought Scipio was on his turf!!.
Using his own tactics against him. Probably the greatest single action to ever come out of southern Italy ever or since. A whole content is named after Scipio Africanus. It's like 10k miles from South Africa to Carthage. It's all called Africa becuase of Scipio.

maxdogg

Reaction score
Using his own tactics against him. Probably the greatest single action to ever come out of southern Italy ever or since. A whole content is named after Scipio Africanus. It's like 10k miles from South Africa to Carthage. It's all called Africa becuase of Scipio.
scipio is not the one who followed him around Italy though.
It was a major thing back then. He just got the kill shot.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
scipio is not the one who followed him around Italy though.
It was a major thing back then. He just got the kill shot.
Scipio was a lesser rank when Rome lost a battle to Hannibal on it's own soil. Something like 100k gold rings was collected by Hannibal's army from the dead bodies of Roman soldiers. Forgot what location the battle took place, but Rome got slapped and Scipio barley survived.

maxdogg

Reaction score
Scipio was a lesser rank when Rome lost a battle to Hannibal on it's own soil. Something like 100k gold rings was collected by Hannibal's army from the dead bodies of Roman soldiers. Forgot what location the battle took place, but Rome got slapped and Scipio barley survived.
there were two consols who were dealing with Hannibal neirther would risk open battle but their delaying tactics worked Scipio was called from Spain to lead the battle at Zama.