Twitter: Best Rookie O Lineman in 2020

conner01

Reaction score
Please explain why Looney was taking snaps from Biadasz the last few games. The more rookie experience, the better. Also, Lamb, Diggs, Galimore & Biadasz is a pretty good draft.
My guess is with a young player with no experience on his right they felt better having a vet there and they, like many fans had the delusions of playoffs

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I believe they kept starting Looney because his experience identifying assignments at the LOS was helpful for McGovern. When it was Biadasz and McGovern starting together for those two games vs. AZ and Washington when Zack Martin got hurt, it was a disaster.

I've got no problem with it, I always knew this was going to almost be a redshirt year for Biadasz. He is still the center of the future while Looney was just a transition player.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I believe they kept starting Looney because his experience identifying assignments at the LOS was helpful for McGovern. When it was Biadasz and McGovern starting together for those two games vs. AZ and Washington when Zack Martin got hurt, it was a disaster.

I've got no problem with it, I always knew this was going to almost be a redshirt year for Biadasz. He is still the center of the future while Looney was just a transition player.
Once dak went down it should have been play the young guys get ready for next year

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I wanted urban meyer as HC. And its not just this team there is bad coaching all across the country across all skill levels.
Meyer is extorting the Jags by asking for 12m a year lol.
That dude is a mess and his health can't handle the grind long term anyway.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
extorting the BILLIONAIRE owner over 12m dollars. I don't think you understand how much a billion is. It would be like a waiter asking me for an extra $20 tip
I don't care if he is a trillionaire you don't ask for Belichick and top of the NFL scale money.

Meyer made 4M a year OSU then 100K in his reduced role.
Asking for 300% of that to Coach the Jags is bananas.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Please explain why Looney was taking snaps from Biadasz the last few games. The more rookie experience, the better.

Note that these PFF rookie rankings are by position, for rookies. Biadasz was poor by PFF score. 53.5. There just wasn't any better rookie center by PFF. That doesn't make him good. Just the best of a poor class.

I think they were playing Looney because he was better than Biadasz when the win streak started and they *weren't* on #TeamTank. But the oline petered out toward the end of the season. McGovern, Looney, and Knight all dropped significantly. Biadasz might have been better than Looney by the end, but Looney looked clearly better earlier.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Note that these PFF rookie rankings are by position, for rookies. Biadasz was poor by PFF score. 53.5. There just wasn't any better rookie center by PFF. That doesn't make him good. Just the best of a poor class.

I think they were playing Looney because he was better than Biadasz when the win streak started and they *weren't* on #TeamTank. But the oline petered out toward the end of the season. McGovern, Looney, and Knight all dropped significantly. Biadasz might have been better than Looney by the end, but Looney looked clearly better earlier.
53 is not poor it is below average. Every player starts out with a grade of 60.0

fivetwos

Reaction score

That's a good point.

Obviously the staff was trying to make the playoffs, but they probably should have had a more realistic approach to things.

Biadasz should have gotten the job back when healthy.

They will also go into the offseason practically clueless on their 4th and 5th round picks from last year as well.

Cant expect those types to always work out, but when its basically your sole means for acquiring players you cant just throw those away. They should have been given more opportunity.