Twitter: Best Rookie O Lineman in 2020

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm not commenting on the coaching this season, it wouldn't be fair. No minicamps, no preseason, losing players to covid and to injuries from poor conditioning......all coaches should get a pass this season.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Interesting point. You think it's because they were always bad and just lucked out getting to the Professional level or you think it's something else?
If you look at coaches around the league the nepotism and politics in coaching is pretty disgusting. either parents or uncles were coaches or knew a coach to get you on the staff etc. etc.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Honestly, he probably is right this moment, but it's a lost season and getting rookies some playing time is too important to pass up.
So tank? Getting players playing time if what the pre season is for. Too bad we didn't have one. If you're trying to win, you play your best.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Average NFL head coach salary is 6M. Seems ridiculous to ask for 12M out of the gate.

Chucky got $100M guaranteed for 10 years. Chucky blew chunks all over the place with the Raiders and didn’t make the playoffs. Panthers gave Ruhle $9M/year. Meyer is better than both. I wouldn’t give him that much though. Raiders and Panthers are idiots.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Absolutely tank, this team is dog water.
Well, that's you're opinion and I don't respect it. Tanking is for losers and quitters. Wanting a better draft pick, when there is no guarantee of success is idiotic. My opinion......

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chucky got $100M guaranteed for 10 years. Chucky blew chunks all over the place with the Raiders and didn’t make the playoffs. Panthers gave Ruhle $9M/year. Meyer is better than both. I wouldn’t give him that much though. Raiders and Panthers are idiots.
Yeah, seems they were desperate.

Section446

Reaction score
Well, that's you're opinion and I don't respect it. Tanking is for losers and quitters. Wanting a better draft pick, when there is no guarantee of success is idiotic. My opinion......
INTERNAL THOUGHT: "Ranching doesn't agree with me, this effects my e-peen... It's 2021, the right thing to do would be to call him a moron and tell him he needs to WATCH FILM, BRO... But it wouldn't actually accomplish anything and would technically be in violation of the ToS... Executive decision... Don't call Ranching a moron." - END OF INTERNAL THOUGHT

I completely respect your opinion.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
INTERNAL THOUGHT: "Ranching doesn't agree with me, this effects my e-peen... It's 2021, the right thing to do would be to call him a moron and tell him he needs to WATCH FILM, BRO... But it wouldn't actually accomplish anything and would technically be in violation of the ToS... Executive decision... Don't call Ranching a moron." - END OF INTERNAL THOUGHT

I completely respect your opinion.
Lol!! I don't waste my time watching film of the Cowboys. I just enjoy their games, win or lose. I watch plenty of film of teams that I coach, coach against or get asked to evaluate. Cowboys are just a way to pass the time. Salud! BTW, I've been called much worse than a moron. It doesn't hurt my feelings, I've got thick skin. I can dish it and I can take it.

Section446

Reaction score
Lol!! I don't waste my time watching film of the Cowboys. I just enjoy their games, win or lose. I watch plenty of film of teams that I coach, coach against or get asked to evaluate. Cowboys are just a way to pass the time. Salud! BTW, I've been called much worse than a moron. It doesn't hurt my feelings, I've got thick skin. I can dish it and I can take it.
My wife calls me way worse every day.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Meyer is extorting the Jags by asking for 12m a year lol.
That dude is a mess and his health can't handle the grind long term anyway.
I have feeling Meyer wont go to the Jags, there is something the owner said that is to Jerry like
Khan also revealed that he had roster control in 2020 following Tom Coughlin's departure, and said he will make sure the incoming GM and coach knows he wants to be in on the conversations of personnel and contract decisions, and that he will have final say.
https://www.nfl.com/news/jacksonville-jaguars-fire-head-coach-doug-marrone

I don’t see a control freak like Meyer agreeing to this

Batman1980

Reaction score
Biadasz was better than Looney when he walked into the Star without ever taking a snap in the NFL.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Please explain why Looney was taking snaps from Biadasz the last few games. The more rookie experience, the better. Also, Lamb, Diggs, Galimore & Biadasz is a pretty good draft.
I was thinking the same. Those names contributed and we saw a glimpse into the future. Could be a great class

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If you look at coaches around the league the nepotism and politics in coaching is pretty disgusting. either parents or uncles were coaches or knew a coach to get you on the staff etc. etc.

So you think it's because of who you know? I can't see that. Most of these coaches are not related to anybody so I don't think that can be the reason. Perhaps some of it but certainly not all of it or even most of it.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
So you think it's because of who you know? I can't see that. Most of these coaches are not related to anybody so I don't think that can be the reason. Perhaps some of it but certainly not all of it or even most of it.
You choose to keep the blinders on then. Shoot mccarthy only hired nolan because nolan hired him as an asst back in the day. Garretts dad got garrett and all his sons jobs here.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You choose to keep the blinders on then. Shoot mccarthy only hired nolan because nolan hired him as an asst back in the day. Garretts dad got garrett and all his sons jobs here.

Well, if that is what you choose to believe, that's fine but, this is actually pretty easy to prove. What percentage of NFL coaches have ties to family? That should tell you if what you believe is actually true or not.

I don't dispute that there are ties to Nolan and McCarthy but that's not why he got the job, IMO. He got the job because Jerry hired late and there weren't a lot of options for McCarthy IMO. McCarthy knew Nolan and so he took a chance, I'm thinking. The problem with Nolan is not that he's stupid or that his scheme doesn't work. With the right personnel, it does work for the first season or two.

Garrett's Dad Jim, was not why Garrett got the job in Dallas, IMO. Garrett was on Jerry's wish list from the time he was a backup QB here to the time he actually got hired. Jim, was not the reason at all. Jim Garrett, if anything, only provided a direct link to Jason Garrett, for communications. Jim Garrett was only ever a scout with the team, to my knowledge and besides that, he had been gone from the team for 4 years when Jerry hired Garrett. No, I don't really buy the Jim Garrett thing there but if that's what you believe, that's fine. But again, the statement was general and not specific to just the Cowboys. The evidence of what you say should be easy to prove based on percentages of coaches in the NFL.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Well, if that is what you choose to believe, that's fine but, this is actually pretty easy to prove. What percentage of NFL coaches have ties to family? That should tell you if what you believe is actually true or not.

I don't dispute that there are ties to Nolan and McCarthy but that's not why he got the job, IMO. He got the job because Jerry hired late and there weren't a lot of options for McCarthy IMO. McCarthy knew Nolan and so he took a chance, I'm thinking. The problem with Nolan is not that he's stupid or that his scheme doesn't work. With the right personnel, it does work for the first season or two.

Garrett's Dad Jim, was not why Garrett got the job in Dallas, IMO. Garrett was on Jerry's wish list from the time he was a backup QB here to the time he actually got hired. Jim, was not the reason at all. Jim Garrett, if anything, only provided a direct link to Jason Garrett, for communications. Jim Garrett was only ever a scout with the team, to my knowledge and besides that, he had been gone from the team for 4 years when Jerry hired Garrett. No, I don't really buy the Jim Garrett thing there but if that's what you believe, that's fine. But again, the statement was general and not specific to just the Cowboys. The evidence of what you say should be easy to prove based on percentages of coaches in the NFL.
Jim garrett's 2 other sons were both hired here in front office positions. Nolan wasn't a last minute hire do some research yourself. I gave 2 valid examples and you provided nothing.