Big 12 2014 Season

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Go Noles...
Defending National Champs dosen't lose, they deserve a chance to defend...
and they attempted to play teams outside of the conference with reputations..... Fla, ND, and OSU...

I've read every week on this board, how "they're gonna lose to this team, this is the week, they're not that good"...... every week, but they kept winning...

Whipping Boys I see....... said it once, say it again... on the field......

america's most hated team...:cool:

and yes, its hate.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
It's almost unbelievable to me how moronic the Big XII powers that be, have come out looking on this. They've beat the drum all year on this marketing campaign...

Then go, "Ughhhh??? Ohhhk. You, and You!" I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if I were a BU or TCU fan.

Wonder what their million dollar advertising campaign's going to be next year?

**Big 12 Conference One True Champion
**Unless it's too hard to pick just one.​

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
It's almost unbelievable to me how moronic the Big XII powers that be, have come out looking on this. They've beat the drum all year on this marketing campaign...

Then go, "Ughhhh??? Ohhhk. You, and You!" I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if I were a BU or TCU fan.

There was a money discussion in the Playoff thread about why the Big 12 doesn't move to 12 teams again... and of course, you don't want to split the pie 12 ways, when you can split it 10....

But after this, they may have to consider, a championship game, & expansion..... Even if they decide against it... It will be on the table at least.
What they lose in adding two, they can gain in the money generated by a championship game...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Go Noles...
Defending National Champs dosen't lose, they deserve a chance to defend...
and they attempted to play teams outside of the conference with reputations..... Fla, ND, and OSU...

I've read every week on this board, how "they're gonna lose to this team, this is the week, they're not that good"...... every week, but they kept winning...

Whipping Boys I see....... said it once, say it again... on the field......

america's most hated team...:cool:

and yes, its hate.

No, that's whining.
About 90% of the country was pulling for FSU last year to end the SEC title run.

This year the team hasn't been anywhere near as impressive.

ND is a conference game.
Florida is a yearly rivalry game but no one is slamming FSU for it's non-conf.

They are slamming the ACC for having such a glut of crap teams. They've got 5 or 6 mid-majors masquerading as P5 teams.

Oregon will win that game by 20.

All that said, you don't remove FSU from the 4 team playoff while being undefeated and defending champs.
They do deserve to go; they just aren't good enough to win.

What is clear is that if FSU wins two games to claim the title there is absolutely nothing anyone can say to knock them then.
So winning takes care of it all.
But go out and lose by 15+ and they can fully expect people to say, seem you sucked just like we thought all year watching you bumble through game after game.

As to the rest of the country's feelings blame that on the fact the team has been outed by the New York Times for a ton of nonsense that the police department swept under the rug.
Jameis is a goofy off-field and cocky on it as Manziel. America is not ever going to love that.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Jameis is a goofy off-field and cocky on it as Manziel. America is not ever going to love that.

I didn't aim my words directly at you, because I knew how you felt...;)
confirmation....lol

man... its allgood.... on the field.....:cool:

Edit: lets remember this..
"Oregon will win that game by 20"

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
There was a money discussion in the Playoff thread about why the Big 12 doesn't move to 12 teams again... and of course, you don't want to split the pie 12 ways, when you can split it 10....

But after this, they may have to consider, a championship game, & expansion..... Even if they decide against it... It will be on the table at least.
What they lose in adding two, they can gain in the money generated by a championship game...

Yup, if moving to 12 makes you more money from big-time playoff games or titles you gotta consider that money in the pot too.
They can bring on UCF and Cincy at partial shares for a few years and get paid more money for a Big 12 title game.
That is the easiest possible road because they can drop the extra conf game so give the teams with 4-6 wins an extra chance to become bowl eligible.

West: Tech, OU, OSU, UT, BAY, TCU
East: WVA, UCF, CINCY, KST, KAN, IST

Go back to old sched 5 division foes plus 3 cross games so you play everyone twice in 4 years.

Or you can add BYU and Boise St. Move Baylor and TCU to the eastern side of the bracket for some balance.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Yup, if moving to 12 makes you more money from big-time playoff games or titles you gotta consider that money in the pot too.
They can bring on UCF and Cincy at partial shares for a few years and get paid more money for a Big 12 title game.
That is the easiest possible road because they can drop the extra conf game so give the teams with 4-6 wins an extra chance to become bowl eligible.

Go back to old sched 5 division foes plus 3 cross games so you play everyone twice in 4 years.

Or you can add BYU and Boise St. Move Baylor and TCU to the eastern side of the bracket for some balance.

BYU, Boise, Maybe Houston?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I didn't aim my words directly at you, because I knew how you felt...;)
confirmation....lol

man... its allgood.... on the field.....:cool:

Edit: lets remember this..
"Oregon will win that game by 20"

My high school was the Apaches(they have changed it since), I like FSU.
We had that arrow on the side of our helmets and were silver and red.
I just don't think they are very good this year.
Too distracted, lost too much NFL talent and have played really ugly at times.

Believe me I am not hiding from the prediction.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
My high school was the Apaches(they have changed it since), I like FSU.
We had that arrow on the side of our helmets and were silver and red.
I just don't think they are very good this year.
Too distracted, lost too much NFL talent and have played really ugly at times.

Believe me I am not hiding from the prediction.

Its allgood, I appreciate our disagreements... It's alway good when someone is being direct and not wishy-washy... but respectfully this is another thing we don't agree on...
I know what FSU have, I've watched every minute of every game...... a month to get healthy... they can score with Oregon... and the Ducks D isn't good enough to shut them down.. its gonna be numbers on the board....

but again, I RESPECTFULLY disagree.

I know you ain't hiding.... I won't be in the states until the end of January, but we will discuss....

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score

Not their fault.

If TCU and the refs would have taken care of business with Baylor, Frogs would be in.

Aggie87

Reaction score
As to the rest of the country's feelings blame that on the fact the team has been outed by the New York Times for a ton of nonsense that the police department swept under the rug.

Manziel's biggest off-field transgression was possibly signing autographs for pay.

Jameis' biggest off-field transgression is possibly rape. And then theft. And then carrying a weapon on campus and claiming to shoot animals. And then carrying a weapon off campus and shooting up and causing $4K worth of damage to an apartment complex. And then more theft.

Yeah, he's as "goofy" as Manziel.

Manziel's transgression, while against NCAA rules, isn't illegal. All of Jameis' are.

Oh, and Jameis is also accused of taking cash for signing autographs.

DFWJC

Reaction score

I really thought they'd get Cincy and Lousiville.
Louisville was not a match at all for the ACC academically :D kidding sort of.
Anyway, Cincy and Lousiville would pair well regionally with WVU. Maybe Cincy and someone else still.

Rogah

Reaction score
I am not sure expansion and a championship game is the right solution. The Big XII is the victim of bad timing. This is the 4th year we have had the current format of the Big 10, Pac 12, ACC, SEC all having championship games and the Big XII not having one. Unfortunately for the Big XII, this is the 1st year (out of those 4) where all the higher ranked teams in those championship games won. The Big XII needed an upset and it seems there always has been an upset - until this year (unfortunately).

joseephuss

Reaction score
Manziel's biggest off-field transgression was possibly signing autographs for pay.

Jameis' biggest off-field transgression is possibly rape. And then theft. And then carrying a weapon on campus and claiming to shoot animals. And then carrying a weapon off campus and shooting up and causing $4K worth of damage to an apartment complex. And then more theft.

Yeah, he's as "goofy" as Manziel.

Manziel's transgression, while against NCAA rules, isn't illegal. All of Jameis' are.

Oh, and Jameis is also accused of taking cash for signing autographs.

Don't forget that Manziel was arrested in 2012 and eventually charged with a misdemeanor.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I am not sure expansion and a championship game is the right solution. The Big XII is the victim of bad timing. This is the 4th year we have had the current format of the Big 10, Pac 12, ACC, SEC all having championship games and the Big XII not having one. Unfortunately for the Big XII, this is the 1st year (out of those 4) where all the higher ranked teams in those championship games won. The Big XII needed an upset and it seems there always has been an upset - until this year (unfortunately).

Also, other than the Pac-12 there were no re-matches from the regular season in the other championship games. If there had been a Big XII championship game it could have possibly featured Baylor playing Kansas St after already beating them in the regular season. Does it really help all that much to beat the same team twice? the Big XII not having a championship game was not the biggest reason Baylor or TCU didn't make the playoffs. Baylor played a crappy out of conference schedule.