Big 12 Football 2013 Season Thread

Aikbach

Reaction score
I agree
Until proven otherwise I think know Baylor and OK St have to be the favorites for the big 12 right now because they seem to be the only teams killing it on offense. I say right now as they have to continue going.
I agree, and as a Baylor fan I know that good teams can start slow and end hot as my Bears did last year, WVU and UT may yet turn their seasons into good ones...but it is ironic that for the first time since 1991 when Baylor was ranked as high as 8, that other people will be playing spoiler to their season instead of the other way around

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Baylor is good, can't wait to see them vs. Big XII opponents. They might have the most balanced offense in the country. OK State is alright and I like JW Walsh but their running game is not as dominant as years past. OU might have something if Blake Bell can continue to play. I like the emphasis on running the ball this year...they need to keep that up.

I'm not sold on Texas Tech; they don't know who is their QB and they don't run the ball. They should be good enough to get to 6-7 wins though. TCU has too many struggles on offense to do much in the Big XII this year. Texas isn't good but they're also not as bad as it may seem. Still a disappointing year for them considering they had so many returning starters. They'll take care of the Big XII basement teams like K-State, Kansas, ISU but I'm not sure how well they'll do vs. the quality teams. They will still make a bowl game though.

The rest: They're all rebuilding so not much to see there

Tech's QB hasn't played yet because of injury. They've played 2 true freshmen but Michael Brewer is a 3rd year guy who is the best QB on campus and will start in a few weeks when he is fully back.

Getting a win over TCU with the kid QBs was huge. By the time Tech faces another challenge Brewer will be back.

Tech will have 6 wins in 6 games....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Baylor's 5 hardest games of the year are the last 5.
They are very similar to Tech in schedule and both should be ranked top 15 by the time the worm turns and they face tougher clubs.

Baylor should have 4 very winnable games with WVU, IST, KST, KU
Then it gets tougher with OU, Tech, OKST, TCU, UT

Tech is basically in the same boat.

Overall come Bowl season the Big 12 will win a lot of games again and finish with a lot of top 25 clubs again.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Neither has Ohio State, and ohio State struggled at home against a Buffalo team they pulled away from late for a 40-20 win, same Buffalo that fell 70-13 to Baylor a week later and who's coach called Baylor a top 5 squad.

ULM was dashed 34-0 by Ou in the season opening, they were down 35-0 to Baylor after one quarter, and 70-7 half way through the 3rd.

I think we know enough to say Baylor has the potential to be a top 10 or higher team, right now they stand polled at 19, but only for right now.

OK, well, if you want to talk about Ohio State, that's OK with me but in this thread, the discussion is about Baylor and how good they will be. However, the same argument applies to OSU so it's not like I'm bias. Neither have played anybody and right now, you don't know how good or bad either are.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Baylor's 5 hardest games of the year are the last 5.
They are very similar to Tech in schedule and both should be ranked top 15 by the time the worm turns and they face tougher clubs.

Baylor should have 4 very winnable games with WVU, IST, KST, KU
Then it gets tougher with OU, Tech, OKST, TCU, UT

Tech is basically in the same boat.

Overall come Bowl season the Big 12 will win a lot of games again and finish with a lot of top 25 clubs again.

Yep, if they stay focused they have a good shot of being 7-0 going into the OU Thursday Night game...which I have a ticket to, huzzah!

Aikbach

Reaction score
OK, well, if you want to talk about Ohio State, that's OK with me but in this thread, the discussion is about Baylor and how good they will be. However, the same argument applies to OSU so it's not like I'm bias. Neither have played anybody and right now, you don't know how good or bad either are.

I only used ohio St. as a comparison of a supposedly top 5 team doing less than Baylor against comparable and in the case of buffalo identical competition.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
OK State goes down. It's looking more and more that they're not really great - no running game like in previous years and just not enough playmakers on offense. Baylor and OU clearly ahead of them

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
OK State goes down. It's looking more and more that they're not really great - no running game like in previous years and just not enough playmakers on offense. Baylor and OU clearly ahead of them

The guys on the pregame show said it would be a blowout in the Cowboys favor & they would score 50 on the WV D.

Questfor6

Reaction score
The guys on the pregame show said it would be a blowout in the Cowboys favor & they would score 50 on the WV D.

WVU's D is not the problem, those guys have been lights out this year. They gave up 37 to Maryland because our O gave them the ball 3 times inside the 20. We might of found our QB today in the Florida St transfer Trickett, I'm still not buying stock yet with Baylor on the horizon.

Aikbach

Reaction score
WVU is back in the mix for a bowl, and with a little luck the Big 12. They have a much improved defense from a year ago, impressive play yesterday and against OU by their D. Real interested to see if Baylor is up for that challenge.

Aikbach

Reaction score
They're definitely hyping up the Big 12 opener at Baylor, the Bears are apparently unveiling their new uniforms on national tv for the first time.

Aikbach

Reaction score
That is sure to be a controversial ending in Aimes, Iowa for some time.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Mike-Davis.gif

Dirty, dirty, dirty. 1000x worth an ejection more than any of the stupid targeting penalties I've seen so far

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Davis is a little *****.

I don't know how they handle this type of thing in college ball. You can't fine him but that type of thing needs to be dealt with.

I only saw the little clip on here but it appears the player was not involved in the play so no need to block him & chop his knees out.

ISUFan22

Reaction score
I don't know how they handle this type of thing in college ball. You can't fine him but that type of thing needs to be dealt with.

I only saw the little clip on here but it appears the player was not involved in the play so no need to block him & chop his knees out.

Should have been ejected. Screw job all ******* night.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Should have been ejected. Screw job all ****ing night.

I didn't even know that game was on. I'll be honest I'd root for Texas every time but that play was just wrong.

I don't like cheap shots. No matter the team.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Mack Brown defended it too, saying he thought Davis was "competing."