Big 12 Football 2013 Season Thread

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Mack Brown defended it too, saying he thought Davis was "competing."[/quote

Well he's just wrong. I guess some coaches have tunnel vision when it comes to that kind of thing. I've read Lions coaches taking up for Suh & his thuggery. They can't be objective I guess.

dart

Reaction score
Well Well BIG ole UT almost lost a game to lowly Iowa State

the Big 12 what a joke

or maybe that should be UT what a joke

an Mack please retire getting out recruited by Baylor what a shame on Texas pride

Aikbach

Reaction score
Gents,

I have a request, as i am home very sick, flu symptoms, and I am without cable access and will not be able to negotiate a bar crowd in my condition ( it is also the dreaded ACL crowd time in Austin), does anyone have a stream link to tomorrow's WVU vs. Baylor game at 7 p.m. Central?

I would be much obliged to have this faint pleasure while I sit holed up in my room shivering.

ISUFan22

Reaction score
Well Well BIG ole UT almost lost a game to lowly Iowa State

the Big 12 what a joke

or maybe that should be UT what a joke

an Mack please retire getting out recruited by Baylor what a shame on Texas pride

ISU did win the game. The W was just taken away from them.

ghst187

Reaction score
I have to argue the entire Big 12 is bad this year. Baylor and OU are the only ones with a chance to crack the top 10 and stay there. I thought OSU would be the team this year, and they still could win the conference, but they aren't that good and just lost to WVU, who's terrible. OU is solid but their QB play isn't good at all.

jimmy40

Reaction score
ISU did win the game. The W was just taken away from them.
I was hoping you guys would win a 100 to damn nothing, hell I don't care if we lose every freaking game till Mack Brown is run out of town but there's no way they were going to overturn that fumble/non fumble no matter who the hell the team was. Try not interfering on damn near every duck Case McCoy throws, try getting a little pressure against UT's horrible Oline, try playing a little defense on a hail Mary. You guys had every opportunity to put that game away against a team that absolutely sucks and you didn't do it.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
OK State barely survives against K-State. Not sure if OK-State is any better than Texas

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gents,

I have a request, as i am home very sick, flu symptoms, and I am without cable access and will not be able to negotiate a bar crowd in my condition ( it is also the dreaded ACL crowd time in Austin), does anyone have a stream link to tomorrow's WVU vs. Baylor game at 7 p.m. Central?

I would be much obliged to have this faint pleasure while I sit holed up in my room shivering.

Should be the night game on Fox Sports One. If not Google first row sports and see if it is on there... If so, Firefox with ad block plus makes it much better.

Oh... And tell your bears to take it easy on us this year, our offense is nowhere near as good as last years

Aikbach

Reaction score
Thanks friend, WVU hads
Should be the night game on Fox Sports One. If not Google first row sports and see if it is on there... If so, Firefox with ad block plus makes it much better.

Oh... And tell your bears to take it easy on us this year, our offense is nowhere near as good as last years
Thanks friend, WVU has a feisty team, no quit in them. They'll be back on their feet in coming seasons, and still will make some noise come bowl time, i'm sure of it. Good luck with the rest of the season.

For the first time since 1994 Baylor may win their conference, exciting.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Because Brain is a great sport, (like all WVU fans i've met I might add, truly a hospitable fanbase as a whole), I thought he might appreciate this silly humor. One Baylor fan is making a gif of a body from each team piled on that car as the year progresses, the bear drives on.

TAg2H1T.gif

ISUFan22

Reaction score
I was hoping you guys would win a 100 to damn nothing, hell I don't care if we lose every freaking game till Mack Brown is run out of town but there's no way they were going to overturn that fumble/non fumble no matter who the hell the team was. Try not interfering on damn near every duck Case McCoy throws, try getting a little pressure against UT's horrible Oline, try playing a little defense on a hail Mary. You guys had every opportunity to put that game away against a team that absolutely sucks and you didn't do it.

Interfering? How cafe that be flagged when the damn ball is out of bounds? Un-*******-catchable.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I have to argue the entire Big 12 is bad this year. Baylor and OU are the only ones with a chance to crack the top 10 and stay there. I thought OSU would be the team this year, and they still could win the conference, but they aren't that good and just lost to WVU, who's terrible. OU is solid but their QB play isn't good at all.

The Big 12 is not bad at all.

2 top 10 teams and a couple more top 20 out of ten teams is as good as anyone else in the country.

Teasips are down; Cowboys have been underwhelming but Tech and Baylor have been far better than anticipated and OU has been as good as expected since Bell was named starter. The conference as a whole is playing better defense than it has in years.

Come Bowl season the Big 12 will once again come out shining and outplaying most everyone.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
On the defense that jt mentioned... I do think it will be interesting to see how OU does this weekend and farther into the season. To me, their D looks a lot better than in the past few seasons.. Which granted, isn't saying much. But they do look at least a little better. Personally, I think playing a little more physically on offense helps. Something about that throw-it-every-down offense they've had just doesn't lend itself to good defense.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The Big 12 is not bad at all.

2 top 10 teams and a couple more top 20 out of ten teams is as good as anyone else in the country.

Teasips are down; Cowboys have been underwhelming but Tech and Baylor have been far better than anticipated and OU has been as good as expected since Bell was named starter. The conference as a whole is playing better defense than it has in years.

Come Bowl season the Big 12 will once again come out shining and outplaying most everyone.

Who are these two top 10 Big 12 teams you speak of?:rolleyes:

I see zero in the top 10 in the AP and then one (OU ranked 10th) in the Coaches Poll.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Don't look for much from WVU this season, .. we don't have a QB, .. can't/won't run the ball, .. the defense is still suspect, .. and we are waiting for the HC to grow up and mature.

When those things are addressed, ... look out!

:)

DFWJC

Reaction score
[
Baylor and OU are top 10 teams as we speak.
Perhaps not in the polls you prefer yet but they will be.

I generally go by Sagarin ratings because at least he isn't using pre-season or past season bias.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/
ok

Never heard of a purely computer poll though...and the Sangarin this early in the year can give some pretty radical rankings. I mean, Baylor at #4 after beating not a single good team and playing one of the worst schedules in nation. There is your exhibit A.

No big deal though...and it would not surprise if me if at some point those teams do climb into the top 10 for a week or two in the real polls.

Ren

Reaction score
I miss the RRR actually having meaning now you just have to prepare you congrats to the UO fans in advance and move on, i hope this is Browns last season

jimmy40

Reaction score
funny how Big 12 defenses look better since all the good veteran QBs are gone