Big 12 Football 2013 Season Thread

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Texas is back. Baylor vs. Texas for the Big XII title is looking really good right now with the rest of the conference being so weak.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Texas is back. Baylor vs. Texas for the Big XII title is looking really good right now with the rest of the conference being so weak.
I got tickets to it! Last game ever at Floyd Casey, Baylor will wear throwback 1950 uniforms

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think Tech might have something to say about that but we'll see. TCU in a couple of weeks is going to be a very tough game for the Horns.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I miss the RRR actually having meaning now you just have to prepare you congrats to the UO fans in advance and move on, i hope this is Browns last season

Not so fast Ren.

Might still be a few more games left for Mack.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I think Tech might have something to say about that but we'll see. TCU in a couple of weeks is going to be a very tough game for the Horns.

The schedule just works favorably towards Texas this year. Two weeks to get ready for TCU and 12 days to get ready for Texas Tech (a team they've owned in Austin anyway). If they didn't lay those eggs vs. BYU and Ole Miss, they'd be in the mix for a championship right now.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The schedule just works favorably towards Texas this year. Two weeks to get ready for TCU and 12 days to get ready for Texas Tech (a team they've owned in Austin anyway). If they didn't lay those eggs vs. BYU and Ole Miss, they'd be in the mix for a championship right now.

Good win by UT.

But I hope you weren't mentioning Texas and National Championship in the same breath. They didn't just barely lose those two games. They got really stomped--espcially by BYU.

I do think they can try to aspire to win the Big 12...though that is very far-fetched.

They have had one good win so far. I say, celebrate it for what it is.
But btw, OU is not really very good either.
Congrats

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Good win by UT.

But I hope you weren't mentioning Texas and National Championship in the same breath. They didn't just barely lose those two games. They got really stomped--espcially by BYU.

I do think they can try to aspire to win the Big 12...though that is very far-fetched.

They have had one good win so far. I say, celebrate it for what it is.
But btw, OU is not really very good either.
Congrats

If they win the Big 12, they get an automatic BCS Bid. Anything can happen but I think it's still Ohio State as the odds on favorite. If they do win the Big 12 and go unbeaten, they will have wins over OU, Tech, Baylor and TCU. Those will all be very good teams. Not saying that will happen but if it does, that would be impressive.

Aikbach

Reaction score
My phone is about to die so forgive me if I am not timely in replies, Baylor is winning but in a real sloppy fashion, dropped passes and penalties on offense, poor control of perimeter on defense

DFWJC

Reaction score
If they win the Big 12, they get an automatic BCS Bid. Anything can happen but I think it's still Ohio State as the odds on favorite. If they do win the Big 12 and go unbeaten, they will have wins over OU, Tech, Baylor and TCU. Those will all be very good teams. Not saying that will happen but if it does, that would be impressive.

They have some good goals ahead of them.
Winning the Big 12 is a nice goal to have.
And as you said, that gets a BCS

I do think the cap for them is a BCS appearance, and that would mean running the table.
A national title game appearance is an entirely different story with the losses that they have.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Baylor is getting mashed in the trenches. K-State is shutting down their running game and running it down their throats. This might be the upset alert

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
They have some good goals ahead of them.
Winning the Big 12 is a nice goal to have.
And as you said, that gets a BCS

I do think the cap for them is a BCS appearance, and that would mean running the table.
A national title game appearance is an entirely different story with the losses that they have.

As I said, I don't think they get a shot at a Championship but a Big 12 championship and a BCS win would go a very long way towards getting the Texas program back on track. I would take that happily and feel lucky to get it.

Aikbach

Reaction score
5-0, first time since being ranked #8 in 1991, but a truly ugly fifth win 35-25 in manhattan, Kansas.

Offense left 17 to 28 points on the field and defense failed miserably to keep contain assignments

DFWJC

Reaction score
5-0, first time since being ranked #8 in 1991, but a truly ugly fifth win 35-25 in manhattan, Kansas.

Offense left 17 to 28 points on the field and defense failed miserably to keep contain assignments

Hats off to Baylor.
But we both know at least 40-50 programs would be 5-0 with that schedule.

Having said, you play who's on your schedule and they've taken care of business!

Aikbach

Reaction score
Hats off to Baylor.
But we both know at least 40-50 programs would be 5-0 with that schedule.

Having said, you play who's on your schedule and they've taken care of business!
You have to also remember this is a program that hasn't lost dating back to the first week of November last year, they're riding a 9-0 streak.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You have to also remember this is a program that hasn't lost dating back to the first week of November last year, they're riding a 9-0 streak.

They could challenge for a BCS bowl.
The D has improved, IMO.

And #5 Stanford lost.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not big 12, but meanwhile, Ole Miss has tied up A&A in the 4th

jimmy40

Reaction score
If ever, and I mean if ever a team thought it could just show up and win it was OU yesterday. Stoops out coached by Mack, hard to believe. Texas had Santos and Edmond at linebacker, maybe the slowest pair of linebackers in the history of the world and OU could do nothing against just a basic defense with a few zone blitzes thrown in, hard to believe just how idiotic and ******** Diaz' schemes were.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If ever, and I mean if ever a team thought it could just show up and win it was OU yesterday. Stoops out coached by Mack, hard to believe. Texas had Santos and Edmond at linebacker, maybe the slowest pair of linebackers in the history of the world and OU could do nothing against just a basic defense with a few zone blitzes thrown in, hard to believe just how idiotic and ******** Diaz' schemes were.

Diaz' schemes still in play?