'Big Bang' actually 'Big Chill,' new theory says

jwitten82

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4680957 said:
True. Nothing is ever certain but it is more probably than not that there has been evolution, that the Earth is 6 billion years old, that man used to be Apes and we all evolved from some single cell organism that existed few billion years ago.

Of course that can't be "proven" but it is as proven as anything can be.
Humans are apes.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;4680958 said:
I would've answered your question if it had been valid question. Instead, it was based on faulty, leading assumptions, much like if I'd asked, "When did you stop beating your wife?"

Obviously, you don't beat your wife so the question is misleading.

The Big Bang has proved its mettle time and time again. It provides the most beneficial understanding of the Universe.

Fun fact: The Big Bang theory was originally devised by a Belgian Priest and astronomer named Georges Lemaitre.

It was a valid question.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4680930 said:
I think you know what I was getting at. Many here are skirting the issue while disagreeing with Big Bang, Big Chill, whatever because you know what they truly "believe".

We have to skirt it because the rules say we can't say what we truly believe but you can.

It works out great for discussion purposes doesn't it?

jwitten82

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4680967 said:
Actually, a very good analogy. To conjure up a notion that all beings that have been formed in the perfectness of their body's for adaption to their environment was simply happenstance is not only short sighted but completely out of the realm of possibility. Anything created needs a Creator.
What exactly do you mean "perfectness of their bodies"?

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
jwitten82;4680968 said:
Who created the creator?

Not going to get into it because the mods already said, as usual, we can't discuss our position.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
jwitten82;4680971 said:
What exactly do you mean "perfectness of their bodies"?

Creatures are designed perfectly for their environment and they thrive in those environments.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4680972 said:
Not going to get into it because the mods already said, as usual, we can't discuss our position.
The answers I usually hear for that questions are not that good.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
jwitten82;4680976 said:
The answers I usually hear for that questions are not that good.

There is only one answer that is correct. And with that I am exiting this thread because there are some on here who try to get people banned or warnings because they are the only ones who can espouse their views but others can't.

Nice try though.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4680975 said:
Creatures are designed perfectly for their environment and they thrive in those environments.
Evolution explains that.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4680975 said:

problem with that line is, if they were born perfectly for their environment, there would not be any changes necessary to them but they have changed through fluke, adaptation etc

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4680982 said:
You mean the "Theory" of evolution?

Bovine fecal matter.

I know you were complaining above about not being able to discuss your position freely, but haven't you done just that by calling the accepted theory dung?

jwitten82

Reaction score

Bovine fecal matter.
"In science, a theory is a rigorously tested statement of general principles that explains observable and recorded aspects of the world. A scientific theory therefore describes a higher level of understanding that ties "facts" together. A scientific theory stands until proven wrong -- it is never proven correct."

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score

Bovine fecal matter.

All you need to disprove evolution is to find one fossil in the wrong rock strata. Just one.

So far evolution has passed with flying colors.

Moreover, I've done evolution experiments and seen it work in action. Two different experiments actually. One dealt with the genetic frequency of one set of alleles that corresponded with eye color in Drosophila melanogaster.

The other dealt with growing a certain strain of bacteria on glucose that could only metabolize glucose. I apologize for not remembering the strain right now. Then we transplanted the bacteria to galactose media completely free of glucose. Every bacterium should have died.

Instead, one colony in a billion survived. It was able to metabolize galactose on a very limited scale but after a few hundred life cycles, it continued to form colonies.

Evolution.

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4680479 said:
Trying to believe that "an infinitely dense bundle of energy suddenly burst outward" ... and formed the universe, the sun and moon, the earth and life itself as we know it, ... is like trying to believe if you threw 1,000 scrabble board games into the air they would land and form the Webster's dictionary.

Oh dear God, why can't there be a political zone. :bang2: