Big fan of Kellen Moore, but

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Come on guys, the OP is obviously a troll who follows another team. His posts keep talking about how people from Texas are basically slow as if the majority of the coaching staff and players are from Texas. Like it's not the NFL. I seriously called him out about this a few weeks ago and got no response. Don't feed the troll.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Two things give me optimism about KM:

1) The praise and intrigue about KM as an OC is not just coming from Dallas. I've seen so many tweets by coaches and players recapping discussions with KM about football in a very positive light.

2) I genuinely do not understand how he could be worse than Linehan was last year.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'm not so sure he will have the type of success he had at Boise State. In Boise, Kellen's genius was never questioned or doubted. There was no jealousy or envy to deal with. Every Boise State Bronco knew all they had to do is follow and support Kellen's lead. Even the coaches wised up very early and started checking with Kellen on play designs, game plans and daily practice routines.

But things are different in Dallas. The team, players and coaches, even the fans down in Texas, always seem to be a step slower. Now I will give the Cowboys brass credit for promoting Kellen to OC as fast as they did. There's definitely more optimism this season. But still there's a stubborn rugged mindset out there. These die-hard haters who were the same people clutching onto flip phones, VCRs and Sanka instant coffee.

What is it about local Texan Cowboys fans anyway? The Cowboys are a global franchise with a much needed dose of Boise State invasion. The Cowboys should play a couple of games a season right here in Boise, where the blue turf and the blue skies are much more fitting of a team of such stature.

Just my opinion anyway.
Awww! Yer nuts!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Interesting that you look at an unproven coach like Moore as a sure thing. If we only listen to him all of our dreams will come true.

What the heck has he ever done to warrant that kind of respect? He's a complete unknown.

He's a complete unknown for the rest of America...but for someone that has broken down film of Boise State...trying to figure out what made that team so good when he was the QB....trust me....I've been studying teams for 40 years...and what they did here...was unique. The question I have is...will he bring that here to Dallas...that made those Boise St. teams so successful. Look...I'm no dummy when it comes to breaking down X's and O's....having been a QB/RB...played multiple positions....and I'm telling people now...get ready. We are taking this offense to the next level. From what is being leaked via the OTAs...I'm getting the impression Kellen is bringing Boise St. 2.0 to Dallas. And I can't wait to see what a Boise St offense would look like using pro players. People don't understand..Boise St. had teams so confused on defense. With all the motion...multiple sets....once I studied them to see what they were doing...I could tell when a defense was in trouble. They would start flipping LBers...guys would start pointing...D-lineman would start looking back...DBs would start putting their arms in the air because they didn't know what coverage they were in...man or zone. Sorry...I'm LOL....thinking back how twisted Kellen would get defenses. He was so far ahead of the curve....making the calls @ the line....and getting BSU into the right play. He had defenses on their heals all the time. If you look @ his stats...they are misleading because we had such huge leads by halftime...he might get a series or 2 in the 2nd half...and that was it. He could have won the heisman if he were allowed to pad stats like everyone else. The only doubt I have is...Can Dak master the offense....because there is a lot to it. And honestly...I was shocked BSU players could master it....because players have got to go to school...attend classes...there is only so much time they can learn...but somehow...they would come out and line up in what would seem like 10 different packages each week...and each package would have 20-30 different variations to it. And each variation would have options off that...I know...sounds confusing...but that's why it worked. So I guess the key that I picked up on was...well...I don't want to spoil it...but trust me...it there.
It may take some time for players to adjust to a new system so complicated..compared to the JR high route system Linehan was running. Fans just need to be patient...because the potential and pieces are there.:rolleyes:

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I'm not so sure he will have the type of success he had at Boise State. In Boise, Kellen's genius was never questioned or doubted. There was no jealousy or envy to deal with. Every Boise State Bronco knew all they had to do is follow and support Kellen's lead. Even the coaches wised up very early and started checking with Kellen on play designs, game plans and daily practice routines.

But things are different in Dallas. The team, players and coaches, even the fans down in Texas, always seem to be a step slower. Now I will give the Cowboys brass credit for promoting Kellen to OC as fast as they did. There's definitely more optimism this season. But still there's a stubborn rugged mindset out there. These die-hard haters who were the same people clutching onto flip phones, VCRs and Sanka instant coffee.

What is it about local Texan Cowboys fans anyway? The Cowboys are a global franchise with a much needed dose of Boise State invasion. The Cowboys should play a couple of games a season right here in Boise, where the blue turf and the blue skies are much more fitting of a team of such stature.

Just my opinion anyway.
Kellen was never the OC at Boise.....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He's a complete unknown for the rest of America...but for someone that has broken down film of Boise State...trying to figure out what made that team so good when he was the QB....trust me....I've been studying teams for 40 years...and what they did here...was unique. The question I have is...will he bring that here to Dallas...that made those Boise St. teams so successful. Look...I'm no dummy when it comes to breaking down X's and O's....having been a QB/RB...played multiple positions....and I'm telling people now...get ready. We are taking this offense to the next level. From what is being leaked via the OTAs...I'm getting the impression Kellen is bringing Boise St. 2.0 to Dallas. And I can't wait to see what a Boise St offense would look like using pro players. People don't understand..Boise St. had teams so confused on defense. With all the motion...multiple sets....once I studied them to see what they were doing...I could tell when a defense was in trouble. They would start flipping LBers...guys would start pointing...D-lineman would start looking back...DBs would start putting their arms in the air because they didn't know what coverage they were in...man or zone. Sorry...I'm LOL....thinking back how twisted Kellen would get defenses. He was so far ahead of the curve....making the calls @ the line....and getting BSU into the right play. He had defenses on their heals all the time. If you look @ his stats...they are misleading because we had such huge leads by halftime...he might get a series or 2 in the 2nd half...and that was it. He could have won the heisman if he were allowed to pad stats like everyone else. The only doubt I have is...Can Dak master the offense....because there is a lot to it. And honestly...I was shocked BSU players could master it....because players have got to go to school...attend classes...there is only so much time they can learn...but somehow...they would come out and line up in what would seem like 10 different packages each week...and each package would have 20-30 different variations to it. And each variation would have options off that...I know...sounds confusing...but that's why it worked. So I guess the key that I picked up on was...well...I don't want to spoil it...but trust me...it there.
It may take some time for players to adjust to a new system so complicated..compared to the JR high route system Linehan was running. Fans just need to be patient...because the potential and pieces are there.:rolleyes:

I hope what you're saying happened at Boise State transpires to us. That would be tremendous, and, honestly, it'd be fun to watch.

Proof

Reaction score

Just my opinion anyway.

Should have led with the fact you’re from Boise

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Still never happens but you'd think most cowboy fans would be in "I'll believe it when I see it mode."

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting that you look at an unproven coach like Moore as a sure thing. If we only listen to him all of our dreams will come true.

What the heck has he ever done to warrant that kind of respect? He's a complete unknown.

Yep and lets be honest here no matter how great a OC is without the proper horses executing the plays properly any offense is doomed to fail....

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
He was 50-3 at Boise State, so...yeah.

Ok, so playing QB at the college level is exactly the same as being an OC in the NFL. It makes perfect sense.

I seem to remember other QB's who did well in college (Ryan Leaf, Johnny Manziel) who didn't amount to anything more than a pile of crap in the NFL. At least those two got to actually play in NFL games, unlike his highness KM.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

All facts.

I'm excited though. FWIW :thumbup:

Falco78

Reaction score
Not sure I agree that the fans in Texas are a step slower.
Agreed they have not seen the Philly fans which I have gone to 4 games there (I worked there and drove up just for the game winning Roy Williams Williams jersey for)