Big Mike is a Puppet

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think people would be surprised how few coaches are involved in setting the rosters, other than in a consultant role. Outside of the top guys it’s not viewed as their job.
Depends on the coach. The Rams trading for Stafford all began with McVay.

I think some coaches earn that but not all of them are really good talent evaluators. PHL gave Kelly the green light and he destroyed the team.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Believe whatever you want to believe and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Damn whatever anyone else says and damn the facts. The Jones boys are clearly calling all the shots.
Hence, all our repeated success.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He is involved but he is one voice along with Jerry, Stephen, Will, Kellen, and Dan.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

I think some coaches earn that but not all of them are really good talent evaluators. PHL gave Kelly the green light and he destroyed the team.
Agree completely. Belicheck, Andy Reid, I would assume a guy like Sean Peyton all had final say on any roster decisions. That is certainly something coaches have to earn however. For every coach that succeeds in the do it all role you have twice as many Chip Kellys, Urban Meyers, Bill O'Brians, etc. Even Bill Parcells had his famous grocery line when he didn't have any authority on the roster.

Flamma

Reaction score

Yeah, you nailed it. Don't most coaches just coach the team they're given? The one's that get involved are more of an exception to the rule, not the norm.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
There is no way anyone can convince me, that MM has any influence in FA, I mean either he is just as dumb or dumber than our FO, or he has absolutely no say so whatsoever in trying to sign FA's for this team, sad but true!! which makes it official, he is another puppet HC under Jerry! that's all

100% the Jones boy puppet. You think he went to these two clowns and asked for players?

MaineBoy

Reaction score
There is no way anyone can convince me, that MM has any influence in FA, I mean either he is just as dumb or dumber than our FO, or he has absolutely no say so whatsoever in trying to sign FA's for this team, sad but true!! which makes it official, he is another puppet HC under Jerry! that's all

And you’re just figuring this out now ?

BlueStar22

Reaction score
You just figured this out? He had to keep Kellen and had to fire his friend he hired as DC after year 1.

Motorola

Reaction score
After reading through the comments on this thread ....McCarthy need not appear in public until the draft in Vegas.