Big Mike is a Puppet

elcowboi

Reaction score
Every year at least one fan says the present coach is a puppet. We need to see some new material...

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Anyone that coaches the Cowboys is a puppet.

Yep. Parcells and Jimmy were the only ones who were not and both had very short shelf lives. Parcells was brought here so Jerry could get his spaceship stadium built. Then cut bait with him. We all knew the Parcells era would not last. He was building something nice here but never got to experience the heigh of his fruitions which was 2007. Wade walked into a great roster and situation. 2006 was supposed to be how the 1991 Cowboys were. Building blocks for the upcoming really good years. 2007-2009 should have resulted in something of substance. But Wade was not head coach quality, especially when it mattered in the playoffs.

Jerry/Stephen will never hire another coach who has a voice of his own.

75boyz

Reaction score
Yep. Parcells and Jimmy were the only ones who were not and both had very short shelf lives. Parcells was brought here so Jerry could get his spaceship stadium built. Then cut bait with him. We all knew the Parcells era would not last. He was building something nice here but never got to experience the heigh of his fruitions which was 2007. Wade walked into a great roster and situation. 2006 was supposed to be how the 1991 Cowboys were. Building blocks for the upcoming really good years. 2007-2009 should have resulted in something of substance. But Wade was not head coach quality, especially when it mattered in the playoffs.

Nice insightful post man, good job.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I may be alone but I’ve respected MM even more as this has gone on. Why? I feel like he knows the situation and has actually been a little mouthy about it. In fact I’ve been surprised how much he doesn’t seem to give “effs” I feel like it’s out the Joneses in a bad s as d awkward position which I like. I honestly think he knows job is on the line so why not just speak his mind and do what he wants.

75boyz

Reaction score
I may be alone but I’ve respected MM even more as this has gone on. Why? I feel like he knows the situation and has actually been a little mouthy about it. In fact I’ve been surprised how much he doesn’t seem to give “effs” I feel like it’s out the Joneses in a bad s as d awkward position which I like. I honestly think he knows job is on the line so why not just speak his mind and do what he wants.

I'll join you the split second he grows a pair and takes over the offense and playcalling. Until then, he still lacks credibility with me based on his performance to this point.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Puppetry for the Cowboys HC? It’s job requirement #1. Strings attached.

fivetwos

Reaction score
First coach in history to win a SB with two different teams....

Mike McCarthy?? Not gonna happen.

Get me INTO an NFC title game.and I'll be happy.

They can't even do that much because they get outcoached when it gets into January.

Nothing different with this latest round of Jerry's puppets.

"I would do anything to win."

NO you wouldn't and not even close.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
There is no way anyone can convince me, that MM has any influence in FA, I mean either he is just as dumb or dumber than our FO, or he has absolutely no say so whatsoever in trying to sign FA's for this team, sad but true!! which makes it official, he is another puppet HC under Jerry! that's all
McCarthy is in charge of snacks and making sure Jerry's booze cabinet is full. Now that Rich is out I'm sure McCarthy's list will expand....things like cleaning the team bus after road games. Making sure everyone is out of jail...everyone makes their court dates. All fines are paid....ect. Being the head stooge isn't easy. It took the clapper 10 years to finally get it.

plymkr

Reaction score
I don't know how much involvement McCarthy has, but whatever it might be, it is limited by the Joneses' free agency philosophy. In other words, McCarthy might have signed off on signing James Washington (and I believe that he did), but that doesn't mean Washington was the receiver he preferred. Just like I believe that Quinn signed off on signing Fowler.

I do believe that McCarthy was given an understanding of Dallas' FA philosophy when he became coach. If he didn't understand it, then he was mistaken if he believed he could change it.
Our FA philosophy is "one man's trash is another man's treasure". Jerry and Stephen told big Mike we wait for the trash to hit the dumpster before we start looking. It would really suck being the HC of the Cowboys.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Our FA philosophy is "one man's trash is another man's treasure". Jerry and Stephen told big Mike we wait for the trash to hit the dumpster before we start looking. It would really suck being the HC of the Cowboys.

I think so. I hope that he wasn't under the delusion when he became coach that wheelin' and dealin' Jerry was still alive. The Brandon Carr deal killed him off.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

It’s better to find a new team. I’m just waiting on the Dak trade.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Hideous hate thread. MM brought in Quinn & now Schottenheimer to help the pathetic play caller who ended Dallas season w/such embarrassment vs the Niners on that quarterback draw w/seconds left on the clock, Kellen Moore.

Nothing like putting an exclamation mark on his exposure! But go ahead & keep giving Moore a free pass, it shows just how much knowledge some fans really have.