CFZ Biggest embarrassment in Cowboys history- and it won't matter enough to Jerry

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
I wonder about this. Where does this end? Cowboys are still clearly the main draw, but how long does that last? Out of curiosity why are you a Cowboys fan?
Brother is a bandwagon fan. Bandwagoned them when they got TO and I was 10. He left, i stayed.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
You are probably right....the only change he does not ignore are his adult diapers every morning. Sad state of affairs.

kskboys

Reaction score
If we go into next season w/ the status quo, nothing else will matter. Firing the ball boy isn't going to get it done. Need a philosophy change.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Biggest embarrassment in Cowboy's history, and it won't matter enough to fans who will still spend hundreds, and even thousands of dollars on game tickets, airline tickets, jerseys, parking, food, etc. The same ones will be there in the preseason, regular season, and playoffs. The same ones will still be spending hundreds of dollars on some package to watch on tv.

Biggest embarrassment in Cowboy's history, and it won't matter enough to Dak especially, and all the other players. Win or lose embarrassingly, get paid.

Biggest embarrassment in Cowboy's history, and it won't matter enough to many fans as they will worship the ground these players walk on and seek their autographs.
I have all of my Cowboys memorabilia in a big garbage bag or tubs out in the garage except my signed Romo pic hanging in my room. I bought nothing in years Cowboys related. Plan on buying a new hat one day but my old school one is just fine till they get this ship right.

Blackrain

Reaction score
If we go into next season w/ the status quo, nothing else will matter. Firing the ball boy isn't going to get it done. Need a philosophy change.
Ksk I hate to be the bearer of horrible news but as long as we go into next season with Jerry Jones as our owner and general manager nothing else will matter and it hasn't mattered for about 30 years.
Worse yet when he's gone Stephen will take over and then when he's gone his son John Steven or Paxton Anderson will be running the show.

I don't know about you brother but I don't have enough life left to outlive this tribe of want to be football team assemblers.

So I will just settle for rooting for the laundry and Hope to get to watch some good football once in awhile my aspirations of ever seeing another super bowl in my lifetime are just a memory

fivetwos

Reaction score
Ksk I hate to be the bearer of horrible news but as long as we go into next season with Jerry Jones as our owner and general manager nothing else will matter and it hasn't mattered for about 30 years.
Worse yet when he's gone Stephen will take over and then when he's gone his son John Steven or Paxton Anderson will be running the show.

I don't know about you brother but I don't have enough life left to outlive this tribe of want to be football team assemblers.

So I will just settle for rooting for the laundry and Hope to get to watch some good football once in awhile my aspirations of ever seeing another super bowl in my lifetime are just a memory
I still need to officially accept this reality.

It’s really awful. One delusional man’s ego can ruin entertainment for tens of thousands.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I’m a Cowboys fan because of my childhood. I grew up loving them. That’s hard to let go of.
Me too. I kings woods I could, because I lived in New England during that run and it would have been fun to be a fan of that team.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I guarantee you Jerry is more conflicted with paying his coaches contracts out upon dismissal than hanging on to them as a losing proposition.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Bob there is a point where kids wont want to be Cowboys fans. I am 30, i have witnessed zero winning. My nephew who is 7 only knows the cowboys to be epic losers - any kid that age who is a fan get’s the works.

In 10 years, kids will look at the cowboys like the browns and the old fans will be dead. This is a crucial point for the franchise
jerry jones does not care about whats going happen ten years from now. all that old man cares about is his ego and how much money he making every year. also he wants to be on tv atleast six primetime games a year no matter if they win or lose those games.

ArtClink

Reaction score

There are many other fans that share your views on the Jones Cartel. It’s broken and as you said, it’s been really broken for 30 yrs.

My older brother and our dad ensured that I was a Cowboy fan from birth. I have loved the Cowboys more than any other team in any sport. Coming to grips with how badly broken this org is and that it’s a fools errand to hope for a deep playoff run has been a huge disappointment.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This video replays Jerry Jones reaction from his stadium suite:

Understand. That reaction does not place any blame upon himself. None. Zero. It has been that way since March 1994. His Gold Jacket validates his denial. The fall guy is never him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Since 96 the Cowboys playoff record is 5-13. :facepalm:

Blackrain

Reaction score
There are many other fans that share your views on the Jones Cartel. It’s broken and as you said, it’s been really broken for 30 yrs.

My older brother and our dad ensured that I was a Cowboy fan from birth. I have loved the Cowboys more than any other team in any sport. Coming to grips with how badly broken this org is and that it’s a fools errand to hope for a deep playoff run has been a huge disappointment.
I truly feel the same pain it's a hopeless feeling the complete opposite of what I had as a young buck growing up watching my hero Roger Staubach lead this team.
In my youth I was proud I had ultimate confidence in my team they were led by the ultimate clutch player who made everyone on the team better and play above their heads.

Today at times I feel embarrassed to be a fan of this team. I question why I feel such an allegiance towards a failure of a franchise.
I can only attribute it to my loyalty to the Great times I had watching number 12 and the Man in the hat lead my team.

ArtClink

Reaction score
I truly feel the same pain it's a hopeless feeling the complete opposite of what I had as a young buck growing up watching my hero Roger Staubach lead this team.
In my youth I was proud I had ultimate confidence in my team they were led by the ultimate clutch player who made everyone on the team better and play above their heads.

Today at times I feel embarrassed to be a fan of this team. I question why I feel such an allegiance towards a failure of a franchise.
I can only attribute it to my loyalty to the Great times I had watching number 12 and the Man in the hat lead my team.
IMO, Landry and Staubach were the greatest era for fans. Truly the good old days.

kskboys

Reaction score
This video replays Jerry Jones reaction from his stadium suite:

Understand. That reaction does not place any blame upon himself. None. Zero. It has been that way since March 1994. His Gold Jacket validates his denial. The fall guy is never him.

I watched his interview. He has zero clue as to why we lost. I mean, there's like 20 or so posters just on this board who have a really good idea of why, you'd think Jerry would know/employ SOMEBODY who could tell him exactly why.

kskboys

Reaction score

I have one tiny tiny(tiny tiny) hope at this point, that Jerry will want a super bowl badly enough before he's gone that he hires someone like Belly or Harby or Vrabel. However, this comes w/ the caveat that our drafting focus would have to change overnight. Do I believe it? I guess I believe it's possible. In a tinytiny sort of way!!!!!!!!!!!

ottawacowpoke

Reaction score
Imagine having an owner of a supposedly serious sports team willing to keep an 81 year old GM who had a 4-10 playoff record in the last 24 seasons. Name any other owner who would keep that GM?
Who also tells anyone who will listen that all he cares about is winning. And some people believe him. Cognitive dissonance.