Bijan: If he's there you HAVE to take him

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
In a normal draft I might agree. But this draft won't have any high tier Oline at 26. In fact there won't be any elite talent at 26 at any position except perhaps tight end or RB.
If he is far and away the best thing on the board then they need to look at it, I stand by the fact that the diference between the 1st rated RB and the 15th is much less than the 3rd rated trench guy and the 10th..it just is.

btcutter

Reaction score
B. Robinson better touch it more than 15 times a game for that draft capitol..thats my point you tagged TP for 10 mill, a plenty good 15 touches a game RB can be had on day 2 or 3
Not sure it that's true. Robinson will get his touches as well as TP. They will get 30 -35 touches per game. That's bulk of the offense. Remember that TP is coming off injury and who knows if he really is full strength at beginning of the camp.
A WR gets how many touches per game? On a good day 10. Rookies DE on this roster may get 10-15 snaps?
Drafting Robinson means TP is a 1 yr rental if Robinson pans out.
Outside chance depending on how the draft board folds we may pick up a TP clone in the 5th and rescind franchise tag on TP.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Oh geez..... yep let's go get the NEWEST best back ever with another 1st rd pick.

History over and over says not to take RBs in round 1.

Even when they DO work out, they're shot by the time they're 27.

Get an OTackle, then maybe has guard flexibility. Get a Dlineman. Even a corner.

Save the rbs and LBers to later.

Use premium picks on premium positions. It's just the smart thing to do.

Flamma

Reaction score
I can’t see the eagles trading up for a running back, they have to rebuild the defense. They got devastated in free agency.
They have pick #10. Pick 31 is just gravy to them. I can see if they didn't have pick #10. I can see them trading up a few spots just so that we don't get that player. Plus they could use him too. They did it to us before with TE Dallas Goedert. They didn't need a TE.

Hardline

Reaction score
Bijan met with the eagles today. There is serious interest. It makes me sick to my stomach at the thought of him playing for the eagles. I will literally have a melt down if that happens .

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Oh geez..... yep let's go get the NEWEST best back ever with another 1st rd pick.

History over and over says not to take RBs in round 1.

Even when they DO work out, they're shot by the time they're 27.

Get an OTackle, then maybe has guard flexibility. Get a Dlineman. Even a corner.

Save the rbs and LBers to later.

Use premium picks on premium positions. It's just the smart thing to do.
Sure. But history also says don't take a QB with a first round pick. And QBs go way higher than RBs.

If you hit on a running back, at least you get a three or four really good seasons before they wear out. If you hit on a first round QB you get more but many are just mediocre and benched early on.

T-RO

Reaction score
This thread shows the polar opposite spray of opinion:

Some: He couldn't possibly be there at #26. Too good! Too impactful!
Others: Madness! He's not worth it at #26

I say he *might* be there, and he *could* be worth it.

and rescind franchise tag on TP.

If Tony signs the tag, Cowboys can't rescind

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Taking RBs with the 4th overall pick is foolish, no matter who the RB is.
We are sitting at 26, and it is not foolish to take a talented RB at that point.
So when he's nearing the end of his contract, and he's looking for that one BIG payday contract, the only one he knows he will ever receive as a RB, and he's, what 26, 27 years old.... what will you do?

Shell out a huge mega deal to a RB at that age, knowing his best years are already behind him even at that age? Or let him walk, knowing you drafted a player in RD1 that you have no intention of resigning even if he's been a great player?

I mean, we JUST lived thru this......soooooo

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I've been saying this the past few days. They won't take him at 30, they'll take him at 25. They know Jerry always stands pat, and they'll not even give him a chance. If Dallas wants him, they're going to have to break character, and move up 3 or 4 spots.
The Eagles do not value RBs the way Jerry does. They are smarter than that. They run all 3 of their backs. They let Miles Sanders walk rather than pay him and took on Penny cheap. No way they draft a RB in round 1.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Sure. But history also says don't take a QB with a first round pick. And QBs go way higher than RBs.

If you hit on a running back, at least you get a three or four really good seasons before they wear out. If you hit on a first round QB you get more but many are just mediocre and benched early on.
History does NOT say don't take QBs in RD1.

History may say it's a 25 to 50% proposition at best, but History says that's the best chance you have to get a franchise QB...as in, a SB winning quality QB.... because you'll NEVER get one in free agency (teams just don't let them go), and trying to get one in later rounds is akin to winning the lottery.

But when you luck out and get that elite franchise QB, your in the SuperBowl mix for the next 15 years. When you luck out and find a franchise RB in the first round, he's washed up by the time he's 27....and teams like Giants, Titans, and even Cowboys have shown that allPro running back play guarantees you nothing.

Let's get a 10 year player with our Rd1 pick....

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The Eagles do not value RBs the way Jerry does. They are smarter than that. They run all 3 of their backs. They let Miles Sanders walk rather than pay him and took on Penny cheap. No way they draft a RB in round 1.
Probably not even in Rd2

starfan1

Reaction score
While you may be correct, there are a lot of mock drafts having Bijan available at 26. I'm not sure I have seen one where he is taken before 15.

This was just today:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ults-from-cbs-sports-hq-live-mock-draft/live/

Most of the estimates I have seen are in the 20 to 25 range.
Ya me either but even if he’s gone Gibbs won’t be. Much rather have Robinson though. If we can keep the line in tact by drafting a solid guard I think a good rb can be had later in draft

vlad

Reaction score
lol at all of you arguing if he’s worthy football pick based on his skills and quality and impact to the game…Just think the amount of jersey sales, the sheer amount. Hell can probably change the old zeke jerseys to Robinson and save 30% there… oh and entrenching the Cowboys brand into Austin like he’s always wanted to.

I can see the private bus lines and eventually The Jones Express maglev train.

Oh and for the super serious football nerds of us out there, i hear he’s boffo at softenin’ em up

Jerry’s money printers can’t stop won’t stop.

And the best way to get over your ex is to get another ASAP.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
So when he's nearing the end of his contract, and he's looking for that one BIG payday contract, the only one he knows he will ever receive as a RB, and he's, what 26, 27 years old.... what will you do?

Shell out a huge mega deal to a RB at that age, knowing his best years are already behind him even at that age? Or let him walk, knowing you drafted a player in RD1 that you have no intention of resigning even if he's been a great player?

I mean, we JUST lived thru this......soooooo
Yes, if this team is serious about being a run first team, yes over and over again yes. And yes the team just got out of a bad deal, but is it hurting the team? Has dallas risked the future? Is the Elliot contract keeping the team from taking on the wr they wanted and a all pro cb?