Bill Belichick's new book.... Parcells diss

Ken

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
He didn't win it with those players in 2000 or 2002 for that matter. I will tell you this. I don't Parcells would have won any of his Superbowls without Bellichek. I don't think Parcells could have stopped the Colts without 4 of their starters missing in their defensive backfield.
I would put getting the Cowboys into the Playoffs his first season, after 3 consecutive 5-11 seasons, QC at Qb, TH at HB, and having the #1 defense in the league....on par with what "Bellichek" did to the Colts.

That's just me though.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
We were SHUT OUT. And you act like we lacked talent. We were 10-6 that year so you can't use that weak excuse.

Seriously, some people will make excuses to no end just to support their opinion. Face it, Parcells was owned by Bellichek. If you were around the forum back then, you would remember that even the staunchest Parcell advocated admitted he was outcoached.

You're in deep denial if you think we had anywher NEAR the talent on that 2003 team that the patriots had on their 2003 team. Serious denial.

How many of those players are still starting for the Cowboys?

QB? Nope.

RB? Nope.

FB? Nope.

WR? One of them.

TE? Campbell was the starter then.

Center? Nope.

RG? Nope.

RT? Nope.

RCB? Nope.

FS? Nope.

GLover and Ellis are the only remaining DL starters.

Nguyen is the only remaining starter at LB.

If our team was so "Talented" why did we do so much to CHANGE that roster?

mr.jameswoods said:
During their 4-4 midseason record in 2001, Tom Brady started 7 of those 8 games

Tom Brady started 14 games in 2001. They were 0-2 before Brady took over. And, I believe, 11-3 after he took over. It's obvious Brady was their "Spark".

AtlCB

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
We were SHUT OUT. And you act like we lacked talent. We were 10-6 that year so you can't use that weak excuse.

Seriously, some people will make excuses to no end just to support their opinion. Face it, Parcells was owned by Bellichek. If you were around the forum back then, you would remember that even the staunchest Parcell advocated admitted he was outcoached.
Really???? Why is it that most of that "great talent" that we had unable to make an NFL roster right now (including the quarterback and running back)?

Ken

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:

10-6 with QC(OUT OF THE LEAGUE) and Troy Hambrick(OUT OF THE LEAGUE) starting.

I would like to see a rematch this year. I venture to say it would be a little different outcome this time.

AtlCB

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
Obviously Parcells inherited a much worse franchise. But to suggest that Bellichik walked into this plethora of talent is also ridiculous. I just fail to see how a team that is so loaded with talent finished 5-11 and starts the next season 1-3 (4-4 by midseason) to suddenly win the Superbowl. Are you suggesting the Patriots were as talented as the Cowboys or previous dynasties simply because they won 3 Superbowls?

We have 8 more games left. I'm not going to make any judgement (good or bad) until the end of the season. To be honest with you, I think our record is a little inflated because the NFC is really weak this year so yes, we have that going for us. I like many of Parcells moves he has made particularly on his drafting of players.

He didn't win it with those players in 2000 or 2002 for that matter. I will tell you this. I don't Parcells would have won any of his Superbowls without Bellichek. I don't think Parcells could have stopped the Colts without 4 of their starters missing in their defensive backfield.
This year is the strongest that the NFC has been in years and the strongest that the NFC East has been since the early 90's. Every team in the NFC East is over .500, and the NFC teams actually have a winning record against the AFC teams in interconference play. I honestly would like to know how you think that the schedule that we played this season is weaker than the schedule that we played last year.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
When the Patriots played us in 2003, Bellichek just put on a clinic and exposed Parcells. .

LMAO yes those 4 FGs put on us by a team on their way to Super Bowl #2 in 3 years was sure exposing.

Only twice in 16 games did NE score less points

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
This a pretty interesting Thread.

I am pretty surprised someone would say Bill Belechick schooled Tuna in 2003. I think one question can be asked to change anyone's perception that Bill Belechick pulled one over on Parcells.

How many players in our backfield in 2003 is on an NFL Roster at the moment?

And this was just 2 full seasons ago, so we are not talking about an entire generation here...

- Mike G.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:

Shutting out a team with Quincy Carter and Troy Hambrick in the backfield is quite an accomplishment.

Keep serving up those softballs.

I am getting older and slower...and thus need the extra batting practice :D

Mike 1967

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
Not to mention Julius Jones and our bevy of talented RB's. So I'm not going to be an extremist and blast Parcells entirely in this area. I understand Parcells philosophy. He isn't getting younger and he wants to win now. So he can't wait and babysit a young QB and allow him to develop. But I don't know if that is necessarily what is best for the franchise. Parcells is taking a big gamble. He is essentially betting we will win this year or next year, because after that, it could get ugly. I don't think Crayton is a replacement for Keyshawn, no offense to him. Crayton is a solid player but he doesn't look like a #1 receiver to me.

I would have agreed with your post at the beginning of the season....but after watching the first 8 games .... I now totally disagree.

Bledsoe is showing no signs of slowing down that I can see.

His arm is as strong as ever...and when you couple his style of game with his strength and size....I would not be surprised to see him play at a high level for another 5 years. And you cannot say that about a lot of current starting QB's...young and old.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:

Are you trying to say our team didn't lack talent in 2003?? Oh my.

Lets go over some starters

QB Quincy
RB Hambrick
WR Galloway and Glenn

Now thats an offense to fear LMAO

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
That's another reason why "Mumbles" is apropos.

There is a pretty good interview with Halberstam at patsfan.com.

The renowned author sounds as indignant about Tuna's sarcasm as he once was over Dean Rusk's arrogance.

http://www.patsfans.com/molori/display_story.php?story_id=2849

JM:: What was the worst moment of the Parcells/Belichick relationship?

DH:: When they both moved to the Jets, that’s when it tore apart. Parcells had a wicked tongue and he used it against Belichick and his star players. When Bill worked under Parcells with the Giants, he did not like the way Parcells had different rules for the indiscretions of Lawrence Taylor. In the book, I write about a terrible moment when they were with the Jets. Belichick called a blitz and Parcells opposed the call. They went with the blitz and it worked. Parcells was furious and over the open microphones in the middle of the game, he shouted at Belichick, “Yeah, you’re a genius, everyone knows it, a ****** genius, but that’s why you failed as a head coach - That’s why you’ll never be a head coach…some genius.” Everyone who heard it was shocked at the cruelty of Parcells’ comments.

WOW!! Now thats hardcore!

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
Shutting out a team with Quincy Carter and Troy Hambrick in the backfield is quite an accomplishment.

Keep serving up those softballs.

I am getting older and slower...and thus need the extra batting practice :D

This is getting laughable

He is acting like we were a juggernaught that season

We were shut out by Tampa and NE

Held to 10 or less by the Bills, Eagles, Saints

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
JM:: What was the worst moment of the Parcells/Belichick relationship?

DH:: When they both moved to the Jets, that’s when it tore apart. Parcells had a wicked tongue and he used it against Belichick and his star players. When Bill worked under Parcells with the Giants, he did not like the way Parcells had different rules for the indiscretions of Lawrence Taylor. In the book, I write about a terrible moment when they were with the Jets. Belichick called a blitz and Parcells opposed the call. They went with the blitz and it worked. Parcells was furious and over the open microphones in the middle of the game, he shouted at Belichick, “Yeah, you’re a genius, everyone knows it, a ****** genius, but that’s why you failed as a head coach - That’s why you’ll never be a head coach…some genius.” Everyone who heard it was shocked at the cruelty of Parcells’ comments.

WOW!! Now thats hardcore!

At least he did not get the Coach Parcells judo chop.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
He is acting like we were a juggernaught that season

I admit it is sad...but...

His perspective has simply been victimized by to many 5-11 seasons.

wileedog

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
I don't think Crayton is a replacement for Keyshawn, no offense to him. Crayton is a solid player but he doesn't look like a #1 receiver to me.

Keyshawn doesn't look like a #1 to me either.

But he's a great #2, a solid possession guy who thrives over the middle and moves the chains.

And that description seems to fit Crayton so far to a T.

MiStar

Reaction score
Let's look at how Parcell's defense has been without Belichick. In three years with Zimmer, He's had the top defense in the league, and it's looking like this year's version will finish in the top 5, sans Belichick.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
It's a book. He is allowed to be honest. He is not sitting in front of a press conference where he has to give you some p.c. rhetoric. That's how Bellichik feels and can you blame him? I worked for a boss who took credit for my work. Yes, I was grateful he hired me but I was the one doing the work while he took credit for it.

I don't blame Bellichik. Thus far, he owns more Superbowls than Parcells and he won with less talent than Parcells. The job Bellichik did last season was flat out impressive considering all the injuries they had at defensive back etc. Aside from our 10-6 season a couple of years ago, Parcells has not shown he can be dominat without Bellichik.

Parcells is a good coach but I don't there is any way he would have won 2 Superbowls without Bellichik. If he can take us to the promise land this year, I will retract my statement. But until then, I want to see it before I believe it.

This is coming from the same guy that argued the Jets valued Quincy Carter and that Quincy did not have a drug problem!! ;)

Now, Belli also must only be as successful as Weis and Crennel because thus far he has not shown the ability to win a champoinship without them.
The logic can be applied both ways, if you do your homework you will learn that Bill Parcells was the defensive coordinator of the Giants and was excellent thus considered for the head coaching position.

He moved them to the 3-4 and and positioned LT to be the freak. Any good head coach is considered as much by aquiring and positioning good coaches. The credit goes to the head coach because he selects them and plays positionally to their respective strenths for the team. Parcells kept Belli, Crennel and personally added Weis to his credit.

Belli failed miserably in CLEV and it is no fluke he went after all of Bill Parcells staff when he went to NE. Parcells drafted the core players that Belli was able to use as leaders for his champoinship run. Belli is a solid coach, but certainly he learned from Parcells even if there was stylistic differences. To me this is an ego issue as most can clearly see to be the case.

Bill Parcells is building a championship team again here in Dallas so stop being a hater and get on board because your perspective is simplistic and can be argued otherwise when the same logic is applied to Belli as well. There is more than just sound coaching that goes into the equation, Bill could have easily won the 2 Bowls without Belli and hopefully will win one here in Dallas as such.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
ROYDESTROY said:
This is coming from the same guy that argued the Jets valued Quincy Carter and that Quincy did not have a drug problem!! ;)

Now, Belli also must only be as successful as Weis and Crennel because thus far he has not shown the ability to win a champoinship without them.
The logic can be applied both ways, if you do your homework you will learn that Bill Parcells was the defensive coordinator of the Giants and was excellent thus considered for the head coaching position.

He moved them to the 3-4 and and positioned LT to be the freak. Any good head coach is considered as much by aquiring and positioning good coaches. The credit goes to the head coach because he selects them and plays positionally to their respective strenths for the team. Parcells kept Belli, Crennel and personally added Weis to his credit.

Belli failed miserably in CLEV and it is no fluke he went after all of Bill Parcells staff when he went to NE. Parcells drafted the core players that Belli was able to use as leaders for his champoinship run. Belli is a solid coach, but certainly he learned from Parcells even if there was stylistic differences. To me this is an ego issue as most can clearly see to be the case.

Bill Parcells is building a championship team again here in Dallas so stop being a hater and get on board because your perspective is simplistic and can be argued otherwise when the same logic is applied to Belli as well. There is more than just sound coaching that goes into the equation, Bill could have easily won the 2 Bowls without Belli and hopefully will win one here in Dallas as such.

excellent post !!!!!!!!!!!

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Someone stole Bellicheck's mind when he co-wrote the book and said that Parcells didn't influence him. That, or he was on crack because it's such a ludicrous view, it borders on logical absurdity.