Bill Parcells is an Idiot! '07 Pats would beat '93 Cowboys

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
kramskoi;1861810 said:
well i'll say this...i'd perfectly be willing to bet Matt Lights' house against the 93 squad slapping Brady around...

Dallas 92-93 was one of the most dominant postseason squads ever assembled...all of their playoff victories were decisive...Parcells is out of his league here and we need to check to see if he's on the sauce...there is no way that he can forsee the matchup between the Dallas dline [93] and the NE offensive line [07]...

Dallas destroyed a MUCH talented 49er squad in 1993...i'm of the opinion that the 49er squads from 92-94 would've flattened them also...both Dallas and San Francisco had excellent secondary play to couple with good pressure upfront...we won't even begin to discuss the ability of the Dallas offensive line and Emmitt/Johnston using a bludgeoning ground game to setup the playaction to Irvin, Novachek and Harper...i'd have to see it to believe it.

Funny thing is Matt Light would be lucky to make our 93 team.

Also.... How do you like this Parcells... I dont think the Patriots would be able to generate enough of a pass rush against us.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
windward;1861668 said:
Kevin Smith was a very good corner pre-Achilles injury.

But no way he and Larry could cover those NE receivers...that's why I said if we had Pup and Deon, maybe....

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
wayne motley;1861821 said:
But no way he and Larry could cover those NE receivers...that's why I said if we had Pup and Deon, maybe....
Perhaps, but I doubt their defense could stop ours.

khiladi

Reaction score
NE's bread and butter is the slot passes to Walker... mis-matches against LBs... our LBs were incredibly quick and moved well side to side... the constant remarks of Madden said it all... you can't move laterally against the Cowboys... they are just too quick... they swarmed to the ball...

they were like the degenerated humans on I am Legend, going after still good human flesh...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
CATCH17;1861818 said:
Also.... How do you like this Parcells... I dont think the Patriots would be able to generate enough of a pass rush against us.
There's no doubt. Erik Williams slapped around Reggie freaking White... You think he'd have problems with Mike Vrabel?

Speaking of that... I'd pay good, good money to see that matchup. :eek:hboy:

But when you consider that we absolutely whipped those very good Bills 34 teams with Bruce Smith (like White, better than anyone on the Pats now), Cornelius Bennett, and Daryl Tally...

The more I think about it, we'd not just beat them, but probably absolutely abuse them.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1861854 said:
There's no doubt. Erik Williams slapped around Reggie freaking White... You think he'd have problems with Mike Vrabel?

Speaking of that... I'd pay good, good money to see that matchup. :eek:hboy:
It would be beautiful...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1861659 said:
Ah yes, the daily ESPN outrage thread

I love how nastalgic everyone is about the past.

There are teams that are playing right now that could beat teams in pre-FA.

The New England Patriots have Hall of Fame Players on their team just like the 93 Cowboys and all the other great pre-FA teams had.

On any given Sunday, any team can be beaten.

Quiet.

Common sense and cooler-heads are not allowed to prevail in this thread. ;)

Pats Fan

Benched
Reaction score
This thread is really irrelevant.

It is not important who won when, etc. Because----it can never be proven otherwise.

I say this, you say this, but these teams will never play against each other. It sure would be fun to "make it happen" and see, but it will not happen. That being said, it is unimportant.

To me, what is important is some of the great teams in history. It does not matter if they beat a team today. What is IMPORTANT, is that they were some of the best teams that played.

Enjoy that. For me, it was the '85 Bears. Would they beat us, well I just don't know.

What do I know, in the NBA, Jordan was the best ever.

In the NFL, Montana was the best ever. But I may rethink this in a few years.

In hockey, Orr was over the top.

These people will not be forgotten. And it really doesn't matter.

The only guy -- and team -- where I think they would be over the top even today is Jordan and company.

The rest is questionable.

The Panch

Reaction score
Pats Fan;1861865 said:
This thread is really irrelevant.

It is not important who won when, etc. Because----it can never be proven otherwise.

I say this, you say this, but these teams will never play against each other. It sure would be fun to "make it happen" and see, but it will not happen. That being said, it is unimportant.

To me, what is important is some of the great teams in history. It does not matter if they beat a team today. What is IMPORTANT, is that they were some of the best teams that played.

Enjoy that. For me, it was the '85 Bears. Would they beat us, well I just don't know.

What do I know, in the NBA, Jordan was the best ever.

In the NFL, Montana was the best ever. But I may rethink this in a few years.

In hockey, Orr was over the top.

These people will not be forgotten. And it really doesn't matter.

The only guy -- and team -- where I think they would be over the top even today is Jordan and company.

The rest is questionable.
What you're saying is true, but ESPN and the NFL Network cant seem to learn that.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
1993 Cowboys 12-4
The worst the Pats could do is 15-1.
That's a pretty good team in the age of FA. Not that Dallas wasn't a great team but they lost four games.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Mark this down right now.

Dallas is going ON THE RECORD ( he never does this btw ) and saying that the Colts WILL beat the NE Patriots in the AFC Championship game this year.

Harrison is back at practice this week and I just see the Colts making some HUGE noise in the playoffs.

Payton
Harrison
Wayne
Gonzales
Clark
Addai

I would say these weapons together are > than

Brady
Moss
Welker
Stallworth
Faulk/Jabronie

Thoughts?

/boggle

Bellycheat better be practicing up on all of that tape he kept that he didn't keep but turned into the league. :p:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1861877 said:
1993 Cowboys 12-4
The worst the Pats could do is 15-1.
That's a preety good team in the age of FA. Not that Dallas wasn't a great team but they lost four games.
Essentially three games without their best player (Emmitt) and another due to a monumental blunder by Leon Lett.
Anybody wager the Pats would have beat us with Matt Cassel? We almost beat Buffalo without Emmitt (should have, if you ask me)

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Pats will probably be crowned the best team ever in a few days...we were a very, very good team but not the best team ever. Not saying they would have beat the 93 'Boys because nobody can know that for sure, but the Pats team would definitely be the favorites to win it IMO.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
windward;1861887 said:
Essentially three games without their best player (Emmitt) and another due to a monumental blunder by Leon Lett.
Anybody wager the Pats would have beat us with Matt Cassel? We almost beat Buffalo without Emmitt (should have, if you ask me)

They are losses right? Our team was unbelievably great. But they were 12-4

StylisticS

Reaction score
Dallas;1861885 said:

Dallas is going ON THE RECORD ( he never does this btw ) and saying that the Colts WILL beat the NE Patriots in the AFC Championship game this year.

Harrison is back at practice this week and I just see the Colts making some HUGE noise in the playoffs.

Payton
Harrison
Wayne
Gonzales
Clark
Addai

Brady
Moss
Welker
Stallworth
Faulk/Jabronie

Thoughts?

/boggle

Bellycheat better be practicing up on all of that tape he kept that he didn't keep but turned into the league. :p:
Glad to see that I'm not the only one who feels this way. I felt this way after the November 4th game. To be fair though. You have to add Maroney for the Pats. But the Patriots interior defense is getting slow and old and the Colt's TE of Clark, Utech, Gonzales, and even Addai can punish them. And I don't think they are scared of Foxborough.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1861894 said:
Take Brady out for three games and I am pretty sure the Pats are not 15-0. Not all records are created equal. Pats probably would have lost to Bills and 49ers that year possibly even Houston.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
gazmc_06;1861893 said:
Pats will probably be crowned the best team ever in a few days...we were a very, very good team but not the best team ever. Not saying they would have beat the 93 'Boys because nobody can know that for sure, but the Pats team would definitely be the favorites to win it IMO.

Just curious, how old were you 15 years ago?

And yeah, Windward, it would be a beautiful thing. And thiking about more matchups puts a huge grin on my face. Think about Moose lead blocking and destroying Tedy Bruschi. Man, would I love to see that. :D

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Dallas;1861885 said:

Payton
Harrison
Wayne
Gonzales
Clark
Addai

Brady
Moss
Welker
Stallworth
Faulk/Jabronie

Thoughts?

/boggle

well I think the Pats have the better players in the most important positions:

Brady>>>Manning
Moss>>>Harrison
Welker>>>Gonzalez

Wayne and Addai are better than Maroney and Stallworth but not by THAT much, the Pats have a big advantage with QB and recievers. I don't think the Colts stand a chance without Freeney.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
windward;1861903 said:
Take Brady out for three games and I am pretty sure the Pats are not 15-0. Not all records are created equal. Pats probably would have lost to Bills and 49ers that year possibly even Houston.

We could what if all day. It is what it is.

The Panch

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1861894 said:
Quit dodging what he's saying. The Pats wouldnt be undefeated if they lost Brady for 3 games so that excuse is weak. I suppose the 15-1 Steelers are better than the 11-5 that won the SB the next year as were the 14-2 Colts who couldnt get it done while the 12-4 team won it all. Its not about how you start, its about how you finish. Those teams finished with SBs. Quit hiding behind their record as if there wasnt a reason they lost besides the other team being better.