Bill Parcells is an Idiot! '07 Pats would beat '93 Cowboys

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
The best team to lose a Super Bowl was the 83 Commanders in my opinion. 14-2 record and those losses were by a combined 2 points. 541 points scored. Held the highest scoring Cowboy team of all time to a mere 10 points in a big game. Scored 51 points in a playoff game. Beat Joe Montana and the 49ers in the NFC championship game. +43 in turnover differential. 30 rushing touchdowns, 29 passing touchdowns. 51 sacks. Simply awesome.

I still can't believe they were blown out in the Super Bowl, but it remains my favorite non-Cowboy Super Bowl.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
sporadic;1861537 said:
I don't think you can even compare teams that far apart in time...a LOT has changed in 14 years. Athletes are bigger and faster. Especially comparing the 85 Bears to the current Pats team...that team would be hard pressed to beat any current team. The Bears only had 2 transcendant players, IMO (Walter Payton and Mike Singletary, maybe Richard Dent (I think he would be an above average player by todays standards but not even close to as dominant as he was in 85). Those stupid matchups of "the greatest teams ever" are completely stupid and should be taken for entertainment value only.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree.

The only purpose they serve is to fuel endless debate and to rile fans of the team deemed to be on the losing end.

Mission accomplished. :D

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Eddie;1861547 said:
I remember that. Dumbest program I'd ever seen. A week later, they lost to UT. Hilarious.

Here's hoping history repeats itself. :)

JPM

Reaction score
Eddie;1861547 said:
I remember that. Dumbest program I'd ever seen. A week later, they lost to UT. Hilarious.
It was fun to watch Mark May drool all over USC.

wick

Reaction score
In the last 25 years, I'd take the following teams to beat the '07 Patriots. This assumes you equitably account for size differences and so forth.

- '82 Commanders
- '84 49ers
- '89 49ers
- '92 Cowboys
- '93 Cowboys
- '94 49ers
- '95 Cowboys
- '96 Packers

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don't like Kevin Smith and Larry Brown versus the Pats receivers, but if you throw in Deon Sanders, I like it.

superpunk

Reaction score
stealth;1861486 said:
I Am Outraged!

I'm having difficulty controlling the level of my voice!

Are we playing with 93 rules? Or 2008-offensive-explosion rules?

burmafrd

Reaction score
With the rules of today, the boys of 93 would have a disadvantage. And our DBs while good were not great. I think we could get enough of a rush on Brady to cause trouble. They would score some for sure. BUT our O line would gradually wear down their D and would dominate the 4th. BUT I admit that Moss and Welker would score some. I think it would be close but the boys win.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Ah yes, the daily ESPN outrage thread

I love how nastalgic everyone is about the past.

There are teams that are playing right now that could beat teams in pre-FA.

The New England Patriots have Hall of Fame Players on their team just like the 93 Cowboys and all the other great pre-FA teams had.

On any given Sunday, any team can be beaten.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
wayne motley;1861620 said:
I don't like Kevin Smith and Larry Brown versus the Pats receivers, but if you throw in Deon Sanders, I like it.
Kevin Smith was a very good corner pre-Achilles injury.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1861594 said:
Here's hoping history repeats itself. :)
If we get the Brady interview "The better team did not win today" that Leinart did after the loss to UT, that would be icing on the cake.

StylisticS

Reaction score
burmafrd;1861648 said:
With the rules of today, the boys of 93 would have a disadvantage. And our DBs while good were not great. I think we could get enough of a rush on Brady to cause trouble. They would score some for sure. BUT our O line would gradually wear down their D and would dominate the 4th. BUT I admit that Moss and Welker would score some. I think it would be close but the boys win.

I think with the way the rules have changed for offenses, the triplets would fare better during this age. Yes, we would wear them down with the running game with arguably the greatest NFL consistent oline in history. But imagine Irvin, Harper, Martin, and Novacek in an era with the 5 yard contact rule, etc. etc especially with the most accurate qb in the game during that time. That is just not fair. The Pats may score points on the defense. Few touchdowns. But honestly, I don't think they would keep up with the Cowboys with these new rules. And that is saying something.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
wayne motley;1861620 said:
You must have never seen Kevin Smith cover Jerry Rice before his achilles injury.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
superpunk;1861643 said:
I'm having difficulty controlling the level of my voice!

Are we playing with 93 rules? Or 2008-offensive-explosion rules?

That's a key question.

I think the Cowboys win either way, but by a wider margin with the '93 rulebook.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Skip Bayless said he would take every team they mentioned over the Patriots, including the '93 Cowboys. I guess he's good for one thing in this world.

The Panch

Reaction score
Wonderboyromo;1861752 said:
Skip Bayless said he would take every team they mentioned over the Patriots, including the '93 Cowboys. I guess he's good for one thing in this world.
He went for the Pats over the Dolphins as he should.

kramskoi

Reaction score
satam55;1861476 said:
He said the Belicheats would beat the '93 Cowboys thirty something to twenty something. He said the Cowboys D wouldn't be able to generate enough pass rush. Really? Does this idiot realize that they had Charles Haley and Tony Tolbert? A deep d-line that had Jim Jeffcoat, Leon Lett, Tony Cassius (I know I just butchered his name)Russel Maryland. He also said their linebackers wouldn't do well. Really? Doesn't he realize this d had speed and depth at every position? They match up great against the Pats offense because the Pats aren't a power running team. On offense, Dallas would just control the clock with Emmitt and Novachek and then hit Irvin on playaction all day long. This Pats team is a good one but the 93 Cowboys would win this one I'm sorry. Besides can everyone stop talking about these Pats as the best ever until they at least win the superbowl?
well i'll say this...i'd perfectly be willing to bet Matt Lights' house against the 93 squad slapping Brady around...

Dallas 92-93 was one of the most dominant postseason squads ever assembled...all of their playoff victories were decisive...Parcells is out of his league here and we need to check to see if he's on the sauce...there is no way that he can forsee the matchup between the Dallas dline [93] and the NE offensive line [07]...

Dallas destroyed a MUCH talented 49er squad in 1993...i'm of the opinion that the 49er squads from 92-94 would've flattened them also...both Dallas and San Francisco had excellent secondary play to couple with good pressure upfront...we won't even begin to discuss the ability of the Dallas offensive line and Emmitt/Johnston using a bludgeoning ground game to setup the playaction to Irvin, Novachek and Harper...i'd have to see it to believe it.

Fact of the matter is...they are trying to compare two teams from two different eras of football...pre and post salary cap...an exercise in futility.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
satam55;1861476 said:
He said the Belicheats would beat the '93 Cowboys thirty something to twenty something. He said the Cowboys D wouldn't be able to generate enough pass rush. Really? Does this idiot realize that they had Charles Haley and Tony Tolbert? A deep d-line that had Jim Jeffcoat, Leon Lett, Tony Cassius (I know I just butchered his name)Russel Maryland. He also said their linebackers wouldn't do well. Really? Doesn't he realize this d had speed and depth at every position? They match up great against the Pats offense because the Pats aren't a power running team. On offense, Dallas would just control the clock with Emmitt and Novachek and then hit Irvin on playaction all day long. This Pats team is a good one but the 93 Cowboys would win this one I'm sorry. Besides can everyone stop talking about these Pats as the best ever until they at least win the superbowl?

If pass rush would be our big concern then im not worried.

Parcells really is an idiot for saying that.