windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
gazmc_06;1861907 said:
well I think the Pats have the better players in the most important positions:

Brady>>>Manning
Moss>>>Harrison
Welker>>>Gonzalez

Wayne and Addai are better than Maroney and Stallworth but not by THAT much, the Pats have a big advantage with QB and recievers. I don't think the Colts stand a chance without Freeney.
You overexaggerate the difference between Manning and Brady.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1861905 said:
Just curious, how old were you 15 years ago?

And yeah, Windward, it would be a beautiful thing. And thiking about more matchups puts a huge grin on my face. Think about Moose lead blocking and destroying Tedy Bruschi. Man, would I love to see that. :D

Please no. Then we would have to hear Tedys name over and over like last season. It's as bad as having to hear Favres.:mad:

The Panch

Reaction score
gazmc_06;1861907 said:
well I think the Pats have the better players in the most important positions:

Brady>>>Manning
Moss>>>Harrison
Welker>>>Gonzalez

Wayne and Addai are better than Maroney and Stallworth but not by THAT much, the Pats have a big advantage with QB and recievers. I don't think the Colts stand a chance without Freeney.
Did you just say they have a big advantage? You can argue they have a small advantage at QB, but dont dare try to act like Brady is out of Manning's class.

And last time I checked, Wayne's a better #2 receiver than that bum Stallworth. All you got to do with Moss is get physical with him and turn him into an unhappy child. His abilities dont change the fact that he has limits as well.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I can't think of one NE defensive player that would start for our 92-95 teams. Maybe Seymour.....

Moss would start on offense.....but I think that's it.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1861910 said:
We could what if all day. It is what it is.
The only thing that is is the Patriots=15-0 and the Cowboys=12-4. Take a look at the quality of the opposition both teams played and the league in general ( the difference between 28 and 32 teams) It may be argued that it is harder to maintain a consistent championship in the FA era (though I think it is getting easier year by year as more teams learn how to manipulate the cap) But one must also acknowledge that elite pre-Salary Cap, pre-95 expansion teams had more talent and depth across the board then their current-day counterparts.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
The Panch;1861923 said:
Did you just say they have a big advantage? You can argue they have a small advantage at QB, but dont dare try to act like Brady is out of Manning's class.

And last time I checked, Wayne's a better #2 receiver than that bum Stallworth. All you got to do with Moss is get physical with him and turn him into an unhappy child. His abilities dont change the fact that he has limits as well.

I was also scratching my head on that same post.

Addai by himself is better than Maoney and Stallworth.

Stallworth isn't doing CRAP right now.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
The Panch;1861911 said:
Quit dodging what he's saying. The Pats wouldnt be undefeated if they lost Brady for 3 games so that excuse is weak. I suppose the 15-1 Steelers are better than the 11-5 that won the SB the next year as were the 14-2 Colts who couldnt get it done while the 12-4 team won it all. Its not about how you start, its about how you finish. Those teams finished with SBs. Quit hiding behind their record as if there wasnt a reason they lost besides the other team being better.

I'm not dodging any thing. It is what it is. We will never know who would have won that game. The Pats of today are a real good team, same as the Boys of the early nineties.

We repeatedly beat the Buffalo Bills. How great were they then?

If the Pats finish with out a loss including the SB does that make them the best ever in your mind?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Bizwah;1861930 said:
I can't think of one NE defensive player that would start for our 92-95 teams. Maybe Seymour.....

Moss would start on offense.....but I think that's it.

Starting as the #2 WR opposite the #1 Hall of Fame WR Michael Irvin.

Moss will be lucky to get into the Hall when it's all said and done.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
windward;1861935 said:
The only thing that is is the Patriots=15-0 and the Cowboys=12-4. Take a look at the quality of the opposition both teams played and the league in general ( the difference between 28 and 32 teams) It may be argued that it is harder to maintain a consistent championship in the FA era (though I think it is getting easier year by year as more teams learn how to manipulate the cap) But one must also acknowledge that elite pre-Salary Cap, pre-95 expansion teams had more talent and depth across the board then their current-day counterparts.

This I agree with.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1861939 said:
I'm not dodging any thing. It is what it is. We will never know who would have won that game. The Pats of today are a real good team, same as the Boys of the early nineties.

We repeatedly beat the Buffalo Bills. How great were they then?

If the Pats finish with out a loss including the SB does that make them the best ever in your mind?
No,they won't.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Dallas;1861941 said:
Opposite our Hall of Fame WR Michael Irvin.

Moss will be lucky to get into the Hall when it's all said and done.

Sorry....I thought that went without saying.

But honestly......how many of NE's players would start on our 90s teams? How many would even make the team?

The Panch

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1861939 said:
No. They'd be the best of their era, but with the way the league works today with no free agency and the salary cap and all the rules that have been changed to benefit an Offense, it's ignorant to say a team from 2007 was better than a team from the 80s/90s when you had to have dominant players at nearly every position just to win a playoff game.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Bizwah;1861946 said:
Sorry....I thought that went without saying.

But honestly......how many of NE's players would start on our 90s teams? How many would even make the team?
Mayybe Brady,but Aikman in 93 was unbelievably good.
Moss over Harper
Seymour over Tolbert
Vrabel over Dixon Edwards
Samuel over Larry Brown
Maybe Eugene Wilson over James Washington.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
So you guys actually think guys like Rosevelt Colvin, Asante Samuel, Rodney Harrison, just to name a few, wouldn't make the 1993 Cowboys roster?

Interesting.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
The Panch;1861958 said:
No. They'd be the best of their era, but with the way the league works today with no free agency and the salary cap and all the rules that have been changed to benefit an Offense, it's ignorant to say a team from 2007 was better than a team from the 80s/90s when you had to have dominant players at nearly every position just to win a playoff game.

I understand your point but I would say Brady is a hell of a lot better than Kelly ever was. I would also say the Pats in general are a more talented team than the Bills were.

I would rather have played these Pats back then, it least it would have been better games.;)

The Panch

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1861969 said:
So you guys actually think guys like Rosevelt Colvin, Asante Samuel, Rodney Harrison, just to name a few, wouldn't make the 1993 Cowboys roster?

Interesting.
1. Colvin is a non factor who's been done since November.

2. Rodney Harrison?? Are you kidding me?? What do I want his old self to do? Cheap shot recievers and QB's as opposed to using talent to outperform them?

Dave_in-NC;1861975 said:
I understand your point but I would say Brady is a hell of a lot better than Kelly ever was. I would also say the Pats in general are a more talented team than the Bills were.

I would rather have played these Pats back then, it least it would have been better games.;)
Fair enough.

Pats Fan

Benched
Reaction score
windward;1861903 said:
Take Brady out for three games and I am pretty sure the Pats are not 15-0. Not all records are created equal. Pats probably would have lost to Bills and 49ers that year possibly even Houston.

That is a no brainer. Brady is our team. Without him, well, we are just in the playoffs -- maybe.

No question, no doubt, no thought, Brady IS our team.

As was Montana.

You think Romo didn't make a difference in your team??? If you say, no we would be the same, well there is just no talking to you.

Brady IS the Patriots. A no brainer.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Pats Fan;1861979 said:
That is a no brainer. Brady is our team. Without him, well, we are just in the playoffs -- maybe.

No question, no doubt, no thought, Brady IS our team.

As was Montana.

You think Romo didn't make a difference in your team??? If you say, no we would be the same, well there is just no talking to you.

Brady IS the Patriots. A no brainer.
You win the totally out-of-context award!!!!!!!

I was comparing the 2007 Patriots to the 1993 Cowboys who did lose their best player for three weeks.

Thanks for playing, though.