Bills Game: Worst Performances

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jourdan Lewis was really bad. Cole Beasley looked like Jerry Rice with Lewis trying to cover him. The Cowboys really miss Anthony Brown.

Strong Safety Thompson was bad. If you draw a line from Thompson to Darren Woodson in regards to ability and then draw a line at the mid-point, Jeff Heath would be on the side of the mid-point closer to Woodson than to Thompson. Yes, Thompson has been that bad. Where is Donovan Wilson or Josh Jones. Hopefully Heath returns soon!

Xavier Su'a-Filo was bad. He directly caused the ball to be knocked out of Dak's hand as he was throwing. The Cowboys were so desperate for a decent LG that they put Connor Williams back in the game without figuring out that he had torn ligament in his knee.

It is amazing that Devin Smith is so bad that he can't even make the 46.

On a positive note, LB Luke Gifford looked great on Special Teams.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith was useless out there. Just runs wild in usually the wrong direction. He's either regressed to 2017 Jaylon or we made a mistake with that extension.

And we used to pray teams would leave Bease with single coverage. Usually the good teams would shade an LB his way. We, in our infinite wisdom, decided single DB coverage was good enough, even though we know what he can do vs that. That's not Jourdans fault, it's incredibly hard to cover Bease in the slot alone.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doug Free was also terrible somewhere too right.
He was when he gave up 9 sacks in 2016 while Parnell gave up zero.

In 2017 Parnell got Jaxonville to the playoffs and within 4 points of beating that Pats in the AFC Championship game after years of Jaxonville being perennial losers.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jaylon Smith was useless out there. Just runs wild in usually the wrong direction. He's either regressed to 2017 Jaylon or we made a mistake with that extension.

And we used to pray teams would leave Bease with single coverage. Usually the good teams would shade an LB his way. We, in our infinite wisdom, decided single DB coverage was good enough, even though we know what he can do vs that. That's not Jourdans fault, it's incredibly hard to cover Bease in the slot alone.
Wrong.

Your opinion is NOT based on reviewing the game. Games are radically different with regards to individual performances when reviewed as compared to watching as the game is in progress and the outcome is unknown.

jwitten82

Reaction score
You are uninformed.

I'm certain that you have not review the game footage.

As Jimmy once told a kicker about the Asthma field, I'll tell you about the losers field.

Go the the losers field. The losers field is over there.
Your no more informed than any other poster...you dont know what youre watching, what makes you think you know how to break down film?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
You are uninformed.

I'm certain that you have not review the game footage.

As Jimmy once told a kicker about the Asthma field, I'll tell you about the losers field.

Go the the losers field. The losers field is over there.

No I actually looked at your game review. I know the O-line was bad, and I agree with you on many points from your game review, however, you cannot argue that Dak made questionable decisions last night. The screen pass interception, the throw the ball into the dirt on 4th down, the fumble recovered by Tyron, etc etc. he was a main reason we lost last night.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yup his worst game of the season IMO..looke dlike deer in headlites ie a rookie ie seeig Sam darnolds ghosts..hucking shots up to dead air..

You've heard of Beer Goggles where all women look much better when a dude has at a 0.2 blood alcohol level..

Fan Googles make players look worse or better based on game results.

Options for Dak's performance:
1. Great
2. Average
3. Terrible

For anybody reviewing the game without fan googles or media narratives, the only debate is between average or great with regards to Dak's performance.

jwitten82

Reaction score
You've heard of Beer Goggles where all women look much better when a dude has at a 0.2 blood alcohol level..

Fan Googles make players look worse or better based on game results.

Options for Dak's performance:
1. Great
2. Average
3. Terrible

For anybody reviewing the game without fan googles or media narratives, the only debate is between average or great with regards to Dak's performance.
Lmao, nobody and I mean nobody but you would have great as an option when talking about his performance yesterday.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No I actually looked at your game review. I know the O-line was bad, and I agree with you on many points from your game review, however, you cannot argue that Dak made questionable decisions last night. The screen pass interception, the throw the ball into the dirt on 4th down, the fumble recovered by Tyron, etc etc. he was a main reason we lost last night.

That is just an emotional fan narrative.

Somebody could make a lengthy highlight reel of great passes by Dak in this game.

Fans only remember plays like that throw to Zeke that appeared to be 10 feet short when watching in real time. In reality when I watch that play in slow-motion and stop at the point that Dak is throwing the ball, the location of the pass seems like where I would expect him to target throwing it. Zeke was not running on an obvious path as some people claim. Dak threw where he expected Zeke to be located but Zeke didn't move in that direction. There is no way to know which which player was wrong. Those types of plays have happened with Zeke as the target more than with anybody else as the target...

There were 2 fumbles.
- One when Su'a-Filo was beaten like a rented mule and Dak was in the process of throwing the ball. That was 100% on Su'a-Filo.
- The ball was knocked out of his hand late in the game when there was zero remaining chance of winning.

The INT by the DT Star Lotulelei was NOT one of those INTs that some QBs make where the QB unequivocally should not have thrown it.
- Dak had started throwing the ball while Tyron was completely between Lotulelei and Dak. There were no other defenders in that area to worry about. He was trying to throw it away as much or more than trying to complete the pass. The pass rusher having a free run at Dak and never being touched by a Cowboys blocker was the reason that the pass got close enough to Lotulelei in the first place.

Any QB should become less conservative in the 2nd half when their team is losing by more than 1 score. Dak did take more chances but he was successful on the majority of them.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not apportioning blame on jourdan Lewis.
I do however give blame to this putrid coaching staff for not bracketing beasley when the bills have zero outside presence..
Lewis sucked big time. Beasley ate his lunch and took his lunch money then stomped on his lunch box. The trifecta.

Lewis might have had the worse performance by a Cowboys player this season. It was that bad. Darian Thompson is the only thing saving Lewis because Thompson might have been even worse.

Lewis and Thompson made it look so difficult to play those positions that Brown and Heath should be getting huge pay raises for actually looking like real NFL players at those positions before they were injured.